Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

30% Off All Path (with no s)

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Nov 24, 14 12:10 AM
In-Game Splash

Expires 11:59pm Monday, November 24th (PST)

Of course, this does NOT apply to the Bed of Coals (10 paths) which still sells for 1 Gold Bar.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Edited on 11/24/2014 at 12:17:29 AM PST

Truantmuse
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:30% Off All Path (with no s)

[Post New]by Truantmuse on Nov 24, 14 3:50 AM
I love the way they've slapped on a 30% off sticker on the bed of coals though. Their spelling was already dodgy, the math isn't too brilliant either.

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Nov 24, 14 7:30 AM
This bugs me. Last time they had a 30% off everything in the store sale, and I checked the coal pathway. I realize they can't charge 2/3 of a gold bar for the coal, but why don't they increase the amount given by 30%? Get 13 coal beds rather than 10?

It's the same logic they apply to a gold sale (you get more for the same money), so why can't they apply it to the coal during a sale?

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on Nov 24, 14 9:07 AM
Ah, but then they'd have to write two codes - one to take off 30% and one to add on 30%. They might spontaneously combust if they had to do that much!

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 24, 14 10:19 AM
This is what we call "Lazy".

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Nov 24, 14 1:27 PM
I believe the first time they had a sale, the bed of coal did give extra coal (I think) it was a long time ago, and I am getting senile.. But, I remember an Ahaaa... about it.. Just don't remember if it was followed by a "nope, I was wrong" moment.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Nov 24, 14 3:27 PM
moosetracker wrote:I believe the first time they had a sale, the bed of coal did give extra coal (I think) it was a long time ago, and I am getting senile.. But, I remember an Ahaaa... about it.. Just don't remember if it was followed by a "nope, I was wrong" moment.

I couldn't remember for sure either. Bought 1 and got 10 - same as usual.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Nov 24, 14 4:12 PM
My foggy memory is clearing.. I remember now it was inconsistent.. The first time I got 12 or 13, then the next time I got 10 (I had to buy a lot) one other time I got 12 or 13 during my buying spree, but most times I got 10..

Which is why I remember that there was something nagging me that my memory of getting more, was not an absolute.

Go to: