TGT - Fishing Craze

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

TGT - Fishing Craze

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 14, 09 1:10 AM
Sorry, fishies, not gonna even download this one. From screen shots timed fishing game where you have to click at a cetain time to catch stuff. Dislike this sort of game and am not going to play.

...but considering now after 1:00 fishcity time and no one has posted abt this... *anyone* playing it?

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

Re:TGT - Fishing Craze

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Apr 14, 09 1:17 AM
Agree poodlebear, I`m not going to download this one either

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 14, 09 1:17 AM
Not me, Poodle. Waste of bandwidth for me. Ditto to what you said. Why bother? Last week was feast, but this week looks like famine so far.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 14, 09 1:20 AM
phatkhat wrote:Last week was feast, but this week looks like famine so far.

Well I liked John and Mary, at least as a light snack and it *is* only Tuessday... Did ya see Picman's Pics?

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Apr 14, 09 1:21 AM
Not this cats' scene either. No download - no trial!

erwin042
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by erwin042 on Apr 14, 09 1:30 AM
This game was released last year. Or is it 2 years? On RA
So this is an old game.

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on Apr 14, 09 1:59 AM
Well, the grandkids like this kind of game, but we already own two or three just like it (fishing - goldmining). So I'll pass too.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Apr 14, 09 2:50 AM
I'm not the leaast bit interested either. Oh, well. Tomorrow's another day and meanwhile I'm still catching up on old games I haven't finished.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Apr 14, 09 3:20 AM
That's what I thought too, slm, I'll just play catch up on some other games. This week sounds good for some great games...fins crossed.

chuckho
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by chuckho on Apr 14, 09 5:19 AM
The timer isn't really the problem with this game. Yes it is almost two years old. I made the purchase and tried to play it when it first came out, but, there were and still are way too many predators that will keep you from reaching the goal of the tournament later on in the game. During the amateur circuit you will be able to place first in almost all of the tournaments. When you get to the pro circuit though you'll be playing the tournaments until the batteries in your mouse die and you still won't make any headway. The elite circuit, if you ever get there which nine out of ten people won't, you can't make it past the first few rounds of a tournament. The predators, the flying head swallowing fish, the whale that shoots you in the air, the shark that grabs your line and rips you to the other side of the screen, the pelicans that swallow more fish than you can pull from the water,the electric eels that shock the hell out of you until the timer almost runs out, all of them show up with too much frequency and take way too much of your precious fishing time. This is another one of those cases where the game needs to be fixed or forgotten. I think that Alawar had like a seventy five percent return rate on this game by the time they took it off their site.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Apr 14, 09 5:26 AM
I bought this game from RA about 2 years ago because I really like Goldmine and Finders Keepers but this was not the same game at all. Too different I never play it but I play Goldmine and Finders Keepers at lease twice a week and my grandkids are always playing them when they are here.
Fishing Craze has too much going on in a very short time to get anywhere its very fast moving, not for me either.

Russinindy
Clownfish
Clownfish
625 Posts

[Post New]by Russinindy on Apr 14, 09 6:19 AM
When we were asking for a fishing game THIS was not what we had in mind,UGGG

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Apr 14, 09 6:22 AM
From what I am reading, looks like way too much frustration for me, pass.....sigh....

[Post New]by onastreak on Apr 14, 09 7:50 AM
I just finished playing the free demo, and enjoyed the game, in spite of the old graphics. I actually tried to buy it, but got a message that the game is no longer available for purchase.
Came here to read comments, and after reading am glad I didn't purchase, but why in the world would BFG put a a TGT that no one can buy? Ridiculous.

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on Apr 14, 09 8:23 AM
onastreak wrote:I just finished playing the free demo, and enjoyed the game, in spite of the old graphics. I actually tried to buy it, but got a message that the game is no longer available for purchase.
Came here to read comments, and after reading am glad I didn't purchase, but why in the world would BFG put a a TGT that no one can buy? Ridiculous.

wow thats crazy lol I noticed on the download page that there wasnt an option to buy it, only to trial it, which I did. I actually enjoyed it but after reading this:

chuckho wrote:The predators, the flying head swallowing fish, the whale that shoots you in the air, the shark that grabs your line and rips you to the other side of the screen, the pelicans that swallow more fish than you can pull from the water,the electric eels that shock the hell out of you until the timer almost runs out, all of them show up with too much frequency and take way too much of your precious fishing time.

I wont even try to buy it (not that I could, evidently). i only played on the amateur circuit and those critters already annoyed the hell out of me. Oh well!

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Apr 14, 09 8:25 AM
LOL Chuckho after your description I think I won't even demo it, it could have been fun but I need something very doable. Lmfo at the whale shooting me into the air!

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Apr 14, 09 8:34 AM
I'll pass... I don't really care for fishing in real life, and I don't aspire to be like the Old Man in the Sea

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on Apr 14, 09 8:34 AM
Weird - I wonder why it was pulled from buying but left for demo.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Apr 14, 09 8:36 AM
I don't know, maybe they figured out, not too many were going to buy it... Or maybe it's a glitch

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on Apr 14, 09 12:10 PM
Must have been a glitch, 'cause now it (the buy button) is back.

Go to: