bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 25, 14 12:29 AM
Welcome to Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

peggyjuneybug
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by peggyjuneybug on Nov 25, 14 12:52 AM
I just finished downloading the game. I always enjoy MCF games.

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by petrinov on Nov 25, 14 12:55 AM
Can you let us know shortly what you think?

[Post New]by silverlady47 on Nov 25, 14 2:46 AM
Waited a long time for a Dire Grove sequel, downloaded without even trying as I know it will be good.

The first Dire Grove has been my all time favourite BiGFish game.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Nov 25, 14 3:49 AM
silverlady47 wrote:". . .The first Dire Grove has been my all time favourite BiGFish game.

I am 100% in agreement with you. And, although it's been five years since the original release, it's one that left a great impression on me to this day. In fact, when I saw early this morning that "Tomorrow's Game Today" was "MCF: Dire Grove. . .", I decided to download the original and am playing it again to re-familiarize myself with the story and characters in preparation for this new release. Wow. . .a "Happy Thanksgiving" present to us!!

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Nov 25, 14 4:31 AM
Hmmm, well now. . .five years later and, upon looking in the original 'Dire Grove. . .' walk-through, I didn't know - or don't recall - there were morphing objects in the [original] game. Looks like I'll have to start again. Fortunately, I'm only in chapter 1 - exploring the Dire Grove B & B grounds. I definitely remember there weren't 'collectibles', but morphing objects?!? Hmmm. . .don't know how that got by me!!!

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Nov 25, 14 9:59 AM
Totally stoked for this game. Wish i had seen it was free, or less before i bought it. Still I am knee deep already and enjoying every minute. It's a shame ravenhearst burned down. Those were my favorite MCF games. Dire Grove is second but still totally above all other HOG games ever made!!! Squealing with glee!

[Post New]by Mitzikerr on Nov 25, 14 11:47 AM
Played for an hour. Really was looking forward. Sad there are only 9 morphing objects, Sick of hitting skip - wish they would just replicate the last dire grove. If a thing isn't broken.............seriously underwhelmed. I'm done.

Welcome to Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by stienkeoway on Nov 26, 14 3:40 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by BLAKGRL on Nov 26, 14 7:03 PM
HELP! I have repeatedly entered the code for the rolltop desk in the hotel office and it does nothing. Is anyone else experiencing this and what is my option? I have quit the game and went back in-no luck.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 14 7:01 AM
BLAKGRL wrote:HELP! I have repeatedly entered the code for the rolltop desk in the hotel office and it does nothing. Is anyone else experiencing this and what is my option? I have quit the game and went back in-no luck.

Hi BLKGRL! Welcome to the forums!

Sorry you are having trouble. Have you tipped over the correct 3 figurines in the Hall and Staircase? Do you have the HINT in your inventory? The combination may not work unless you have completed these steps. Please let me know.

I hope this helps!

Game on!

PrplDva

BruceH
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by BruceH on Nov 27, 14 7:22 AM
Not sure if this is a tech issue or not -

During the hidden object pair match in the car, I am looking for the second coin (the first I found behind the dashboard picture).

The cursor becomes a straight arrow, and will not change or activate anything, including the menu or strat-guide buttons. I am forced to exit via task manager.

-Bruce

[Post New]by BLAKGRL on Nov 27, 14 9:59 AM
To PrplDva,

Thanks for your response. I did all that but I decided that I was just gonna start from the beginning again and see what happens.

Blakgrl

[Post New]by MamaGameFreak on Nov 27, 14 2:19 PM
I to am a big fan of the Dire Grove game. It was one of the few HOG games that really made an impression. I'm playing through this new Dire Grove Sacred Grove and I'm on chapter 6 where you're supposed to go outside the pharmacy and use the key to get the key lock, but the key lock is still frozen and I have nothing in my inventory to unfreeze it. I would think if I skipped a step somewhere I would still have the inventory item to unfreeze the lock, but no. Anyone know what I need to do?

[Post New]by GrosPoisson77 on Nov 27, 14 2:35 PM
Search Townsend's and use the code: (mo. of founding),
(# of canine figures +2), (# of birds to break a branch +1).

Hi

I'm born french & i must admit i have difficulty to find the secret
code at the end of the credit. "Townsend's" in my translator
is still the same so it's a name. O.k i found Townsend, DE &
Townsend MA in USA. Also a community in Ontario, CAN.

So how can i find that in a game? It's the postal zip code of
Townsend? Phone area code??? Where can i input this code?
On the door of the museum, hotel manager door, desk in
Derek's house, phone in the hidding-object screen?

I already have 2 answers : Mo. of founding = 01 or 1 (Dire Grove foundation)
# of birds to break branch = 04 or 4 (In a puzzle game you have to put 3
birds on the branch before it break.)
# of canine figures ??? I think it's the # of figurines of canine type you found
trough the game.

Please help for the rest!

[Post New]by BLAKGRL on Nov 27, 14 3:32 PM
MamaGameFreak wrote:I to am a big fan of the Dire Grove game. It was one of the few HOG games that really made an impression. I'm playing through this new Dire Grove Sacred Grove and I'm on chapter 6 where you're supposed to go outside the pharmacy and use the key to get the key lock, but the key lock is still frozen and I have nothing in my inventory to unfreeze it. I would think if I skipped a step somewhere I would still have the inventory item to unfreeze the lock, but no. Anyone know what I need to do?

I'm having the exact same problem. If you get an answer, please let me know.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 14 3:38 PM
GrosPoisson77 wrote:Search Townsend's and use the code: (mo. of founding),
(# of canine figures +2), (# of birds to break a branch +1).

Hi

I'm born french & i must admit i have difficulty to find the secret
code at the end of the credit. "Townsend's" in my translator
is still the same so it's a name. O.k i found Townsend, DE &
Townsend MA in USA. Also a community in Ontario, CAN.

So how can i find that in a game? It's the postal zip code of
Townsend? Phone area code??? Where can i input this code?
On the door of the museum, hotel manager door, desk in
Derek's house, phone in the hidding-object screen?

I already have 2 answers : Mo. of founding = 01 or 1 (Dire Grove foundation)
# of birds to break branch = 04 or 4 (In a puzzle game you have to put 3
birds on the branch before it break.)
# of canine figures ??? I think it's the # of figurines of canine type you found
trough the game.

Please help for the rest!

Welcome to the forums, GrosPoisson77!

Spoiler below...

Townsend's is the pharmacy-it is where you use the code.

I hope this helps!

Game on!

PrplDva

[Post New]by GrosPoisson77 on Nov 27, 14 3:38 PM
I'm on chapter 6 where you're supposed to go outside the pharmacy and use the key to get the key lock, but the key lock is still frozen and I have nothing in my inventory to unfreeze it.

Yes! You have a lighter in your inventory to light the straw below
the lock

Edited on 11/27/2014 at 3:55:34 PM PST

[Post New]by GrosPoisson77 on Nov 27, 14 3:52 PM
AHHHHHHH I forgot this place prpldva

O.k i know what i have to search now

Thanks a lot & thank you for the welcoming

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 27, 14 4:01 PM
MamaGameFreak wrote:I to am a big fan of the Dire Grove game. It was one of the few HOG games that really made an impression. I'm playing through this new Dire Grove Sacred Grove and I'm on chapter 6 where you're supposed to go outside the pharmacy and use the key to get the key lock, but the key lock is still frozen and I have nothing in my inventory to unfreeze it. I would think if I skipped a step somewhere I would still have the inventory item to unfreeze the lock, but no. Anyone know what I need to do?

Hi MamaGameFreak!

Sorry you are having trouble. You need to use the FUELED LIGHTER below the lock before you can use the CELLAR KEY.

I hope this helps!

Game on!

PrplDva

Edited on 11/27/2014 at 4:02:17 PM PST

Go to: