catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 25, 14 12:58 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 11/25/2014 at 5:31:56 AM PST

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Nov 25, 14 1:06 AM
This game won't download for me, I get an error, guess so many people are downloading at the same time so I will try again later on.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by shelleyb83 on Nov 25, 14 2:44 AM
Hi, the game won't download for me either. My OS is windows 8.1, I tried restarting my laptop too I've been looking forward to this game since I completed the last MCF.

[Post New]by jojo3983 on Nov 25, 14 3:28 AM
using windows 8. got into the car and the game freezes. The music still playing but won't let me out of the car. I am clicking on try to find the pairs.

[Post New]by Therealmargesimp on Nov 25, 14 3:57 AM
Windows 7

Third attempt at downloading. It downloads to about 90% then the game manager stops working. Downloaded a game yesterday and absolutely no problems.

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Nov 25, 14 5:23 AM
It won't start downloading for me either. I have been trying since 7:30 am and it's now nearly 8:30.

Doreen

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Nov 25, 14 5:33 AM
Good morning!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

[Post New]by shelleyb83 on Nov 25, 14 6:05 AM
I've managed to get the game to download now. I shutdown my laptop and left it for a while. When I came back I went into my purchase history through my game manager and it worked fine first time doing it that way. Hope this maybe helps some people xx

[Post New]by naskali66 on Nov 25, 14 7:06 AM
I managed to download the game ok, but I haven't started it yet becuse my antivirus found a virus in it.. Identeified as Gen:Variant.Zobot.7. It was in one of the screensaver. Anybody else?

This is the first time this has happened to me with Big Fish Games.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 25, 14 7:39 AM
jojo3983 wrote:using windows 8. got into the car and the game freezes. The music still playing but won't let me out of the car. I am clicking on try to find the pairs.

EXACTLY the same issue for me at the same spot. I had gotten to last group of pairs - coins. I can move my cursor but nothing happens, clicking does nothing, can't exit or use hint or strategy guide. Using Windows 7 Home Premium.

[Post New]by taco1206 on Nov 25, 14 7:42 AM
game installed but will not activate. error 1402.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 25, 14 8:16 AM
Game ran beautifully on my Macbook Pro running Yosemite, until 2 minutes from the end of the alternative ending when it froze. I reloaded game, and it picked up where I left off and had no more issues....phew.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Nov 25, 14 9:26 AM
My McAfee found the following Trojan and quarantined the file:

Artemis!F1FABEDF1E11

Said something about screen puzzle 1. I have never had this happen before. I thought BFG guarantees that all their games are virus tested and that these types of files are not in their games.

I sure hope this doesn't cause any issues with playing the game but will soon find out as I am off to start playing now.

kcojco
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by kcojco on Nov 25, 14 11:01 AM
It won't queue in DL manager, I just tried another game with no problem slightly annoyed here

and please don't tell me to go to the help pages, been there done that, no help

Edited on 11/25/2014 at 11:03:17 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 25, 14 11:24 AM
G'day,

naskali66 and biscuitsmama it is highly unusual for files to be flagged in this manner and we'll definitely be taking a look into this from our side. Prior to release all games are scanned with the leading anti-virus suites to rule out messages like you're seeing, and there is a strong chance that the files were flagged in error.

In the event that you haven't done so recently, please do check for updates to the anti-virus software that is installed on the system as these companies often update their lists of nasties on a daily basis.

kcojco are you getting any kind of error message? If yes, please reach out to Customer Support with the details of the message when trying to download and we'll do what we can to get this taken care of for you.

taco1206 please also reach out to Customer Support if the steps in this article don't help:

Errors 1401 and 1402

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 11/30/2014 at 12:14:08 PM PST

kcojco
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by kcojco on Nov 25, 14 11:43 AM
no error message, just doesn't do anything

pjoy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by pjoy on Nov 25, 14 12:23 PM
I'm also getting the same virus notification. I have Frontier security. It has been updated and is current.

[Post New]by jacona22 on Nov 25, 14 12:49 PM
I played the trial, bought the game and after over an hour my computer said it had downloaded but it did not download and is not in MY PROGRAMS file. I uninstalled the BG game manage and reinstalled it however the game manager hasn't the "install" button only the "play" button but it will not play. It says I own the game and I have a purchase receipt but the game is not on my computer. Credit card up to date. No virus notice.

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Nov 25, 14 1:09 PM
biscuitsmama wrote:My McAfee found the following Trojan and quarantined the file:

Artemis!F1FABEDF1E11

Said something about screen puzzle 1. I have never had this happen before. I thought BFG guarantees that all their games are virus tested and that these types of files are not in their games.

I sure hope this doesn't cause any issues with playing the game but will soon find out as I am off to start playing now.

I just downloaded the game and got the same warning from McAfee. Never had that happen before

kcojco
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by kcojco on Nov 25, 14 1:15 PM
jacona22 wrote:I played the trial, bought the game and after over an hour my computer said it had downloaded but it did not download and is not in MY PROGRAMS file. I uninstalled the BG game manage and reinstalled it however the game manager hasn't the "install" button only the "play" button but it will not play. It says I own the game and I have a purchase receipt but the game is not on my computer. Credit card up to date. No virus notice.

I'm trying this, played demo, clicked buy, said I already purchased, asked to activate, activating now I hope

edit: the above worked for me

Edited on 11/25/2014 at 1:23:30 PM PST

Go to: