belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

I'm so happy to see this game today!

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 25, 14 2:06 AM
Just love MCF games, although I've yet to get to the end of most as so challenging.
Took 2 hours to download, so off to play now.
Thanks BFGs for making this wet, cold, miserable Tuesday into a 'who cares about the weather when there's a new MCF to play today' )

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:I'm so happy to see this game today!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 25, 14 2:07 AM
I'm excited too!
Did you buy it without trying? 'Cause I almost did.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Nov 25, 14 2:18 AM
oh what a lovely surprise, thank you

lizmcduff
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by lizmcduff on Nov 25, 14 3:27 AM
the very first game i played on BFG was the very first MCF game! i will be buying this one for my collection without a doubt!!!

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Nov 25, 14 5:52 AM
hee hee. am pretending to clean for the holiday, but in reality am loading the game and staring at the screen in anticipation. no one will find out. am practicing my innocent face.

[Post New]by Reese2 on Nov 25, 14 6:37 AM
lizmcduff wrote:the very first game i played on BFG was the very first MCF game! i will be buying this one for my collection without a doubt!!!

Me too! It was also what introduced me to hidden object games. I get inordinately excited whenever a new MCF game comes out!

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Nov 25, 14 7:27 AM
I absolutely love MCF games, have been playing them for years and replaying them. Thank you Big Fish and MCF!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 25, 14 8:10 AM
I tried before buying to ensure it ran ok on my Mac.

Well, certainly got my money's worth! Started playing at 10am and just completed entire game, bonus chapter and alternate ending...

What a fab game; couldn't ask for anything more. Certainly was very entertaining.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Nov 25, 14 8:37 AM
belamba wrote:I tried before buying to ensure it ran ok on my Mac.

Well, certainly got my money's worth! Started playing at 10am and just completed entire game, bonus chapter and alternate ending...

What a fab game; couldn't ask for anything more. Certainly was very entertaining.

Happy you are excited!

It might help if you are going to discuss how long it took to play to say it in hours spent since we are all in different time zones. I am in time zone so when I see the time of your post on my screen and your post that you started at 10 am, then calculate it, it appears that it took you a negative 1 hour and 50 minutes to play the whole thing. I would like to play in a positive number time length, but that's just me ....

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 25, 14 9:09 AM
ROFLMAO, Bartsister!!

Belamba, please don't take this post the wrong way... but - I just can't stop laughing. You really got me going, Bartsister. I always get confused with time zones, even when I'm at home. Your post just made me giggle so much.

Thank you! Kind of makes up for the fact that I'm still only at 35% downloaded at 5pm UK time LOL.

I will not be in the negatives, but positively in the Ice Age by the time I even start.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 25, 14 11:38 AM
I see the funny side...I think

Forgot that we all live by different clocks!

And thought it said UK next to my user name but it didn't...

So, just for those that think I started playing the game and finished 20 mins later

I'm in GMT...

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 25, 14 11:50 AM
LOL, Belamba.

I'm only at 59% now at almost 8pm here. As far as I'm concerned, it can floopling do what it wants now . I'll leave it on overnight. I really don't understand why the MCF games are such trouble, but they are for me... every single year (*sigh*).

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 25, 14 12:20 PM
belamba wrote:I tried before buying to ensure it ran ok on my Mac.

There's an ALTERNATE ENDING!?
Must... buy... at once...

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Nov 25, 14 12:50 PM
belamba wrote:
So, just for those that think I started playing the game and finished 20 mins later

Belamba, you still haven't said how long it took you to finish! Please...do tell!!!

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Nov 25, 14 2:18 PM
Me too! I played the Beta of this and loved it and kept waiting for it to come out.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 25, 14 2:49 PM
I just cannot understand why most do not like this game. I think this a significant improvement from their games a few months ago. The graphics,the storyline, the puzzles are excellent, at least to me. I am very surprised, but there again,we all have different tastes, I guess. I am purchasing even if I have to dip into my Black Friday banking account. It is so worth it. Personally, it has been quite awhile since there has been a game I could sink my wolfen teeth into. LOL

myshania
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by myshania on Nov 25, 14 3:37 PM
I ABSOLETELY LOVE THIS GAME!!! I thought I should say so cause im usually complaining LOL. I remember the very first game and those were the days when you got no help!! just had to sit there and figure it out. Hope everyone enjoys this and has a Great Thanksgiving

[Post New]by CutsieFace on Nov 25, 14 4:10 PM

I really really loved the Dire Grove game so like you was happy to see this Dire Grove, Sacred Grove game.

But... so far when playing the free 90 minutes I'm noticing there are hardly any hidden object scenes. In fact, I've almost used the entire 90 minute trial and I've only had one hidden object scene.

Do you think this one compares to Dire Grove and other MCF games like the 13th Skull, etc.? I mean - was it fun to play?

Thanks!

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Nov 25, 14 4:40 PM
I loved Dire grove, and am wondering if this one will even match up to it.Happy gaming every one and happy Thanksgiving.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 25, 14 7:55 PM
I replayed Dire Grove last weekend, so I'm set for Sacred Grove. I do hope the completed game will measure up to the original Dire Grove which I've replayed at least 6 times. But who knows how I'll see it since I'm a much different player than the one who fell in love with Dire Grove four years ago.

Looking back, I joined BF in 2008. My first game was Return to Ravenhearst. LOL, I was so lost! I whined my way through some of those puzzles, fervently wishing I'd stuck with the earlier (and much easier) MCF games I had gotten on disks.

Now, hundreds of BF games later, I know I'm harder to please. That's hardly the fault of developers or of BF. It's just that my tastes are more refined and my ability to solve (and even enjoy) puzzles that I used to routinely skip has sky-rocketed. What was once new and challenging can now feel like old news. Fortunately for developers and BF, there are always thousands of new/younger players just getting started on BigFish and loving the latest offerings. To them it's new and exciting!

Anyway, even though some reviews are lackluster, I'm still optimistic I'll love it. Trying to hold out til Thanksgiving morning, then I'll be on the computer as soon as that turkey hits the oven. Slow roasting indeed. It will probably be in there til I finish at least the main game.

Go to: