Bent nails

[Post New]by phil55bren on Nov 25, 14 5:47 PM
I have reached the point where I am trying to unbend the nails on the rock but cannot has anyone else had this issue?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Bent nails

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 25, 14 6:23 PM
phil55bren wrote:I have reached the point where I am trying to unbend the nails on the rock but cannot has anyone else had this issue?

Hi phil55bren! Welcome to the forums!

I will try to help. Have you been able to place the 4 BENT NAILS in front of the shield totem? And have you used the STONE on the nails?

If this is not working for you, make sure you have removed the HANDLE from the door.

I hope this helps!

Game on!

PrplDva

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:Bent nails

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 26, 14 7:10 AM
Thank you, prpldva.

I had the exact same problem as phil55bren.

It's very odd, because I started again with a different profile on the same computer and all went fine. First time, though, I couldn't place the bent nails. The game made a strange 'clunking' sound and sent them straight back to the Inventory. What's more, I didn't have 4/4 nails but rather 6/4. This time, perfect.

This seems to be a strange little glitch, phil55bren. Sorry to say, but I think you may have to do what I did - start again with a different profile. It's only about 6 puzzles in at this stage, so not too bad.

Good luck. I think this is an excellent game. I'd hate for you to give up so early on (btw - second time I left nothing to chance and followed the SG to the letter).

My system is Windows 7, 64 bit.

[Post New]by mere97 on Nov 27, 14 9:22 PM
I'm having the same problem. I have 6/4 nails. Have tried to put them on the rock & it just clunks & goes back to Inventory. I really don't want to create a new profile & start over. It took quite awhile to get this far. Anyone have any luck?

my4loves3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by my4loves3 on Nov 27, 14 10:07 PM
I have the exact same problem. And still haven't figured it out

my4loves3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by my4loves3 on Nov 27, 14 10:14 PM
I worked mine out. I closed the game then opened it back up and i only had four nails this time and was able to straighten them out

[Post New]by DestinyRides on Nov 28, 14 1:54 PM
I had the same problem of the nails showing 6/4. Thanks for the tip to close out and start up again. That worked with 4/4. Glad I didn't have to start over as I'm not loving this game!

justmebd
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by justmebd on Nov 30, 14 6:00 PM
My game did the same thing with the "clunk." I have no desire to start over.

It was stupid tech stuff like this that ruined last year's release for me.

[Post New]by stickykeef on Dec 3, 14 10:50 PM
I'm reporting the exact same glitch.
I had the 6/4 nails and could not put them on the tree stamp. So, just closed the game and reopened it and it went 4/4.

THANK YOU so much for the tip

Den61
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Den61 on Feb 25, 15 11:30 AM
Start the game over. When it's time to get the nails, remove the nails from the hotel door first then go back to the sign. You should only get 4 nails this way instead of the erroneous six!

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Apr 1, 15 5:15 PM

I am on a MacBook Pro, running 10.9.5.

I just want to say that this is my second time going through this process and it's worked perfectly for me each time.

Allow me, if you will, to walk you through each step of the process with the nails. I suppose I'd better lighten the text as this will technically be a <SPOILER ALERT>. Thank you.

1. The rock must be in your inventory.
2. The Hotel front door handle must be in your inventory.
3. Use crowbar to pull two nails each from two separate locations.
4. Put four nails on the flat rock at the Mistwalker camp.
5. Hit the four nails with your inventory rock until they are straight.
6. Nail handle back using your now-straight nails and rock.

I'm not completely sure, but I think you who are having trouble might have a better outcome if you carefully follow this process in the manner in which the game intended.

I hope this helps, and best wishes to all my fellow fishies!

Go to: