Secret Achievement

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Secret Achievement

[Post New]by deejae101 on Nov 25, 14 7:15 PM
Has anyone figured out what the "secret achievement" is?

BFGMCFFAN
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

Re:Secret Achievement

[Post New]by BFGMCFFAN on Nov 25, 14 10:26 PM
I the credit's there's a hidden clue. I wonder if there's a connection.

Sulokitu
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Sulokitu on Nov 25, 14 10:59 PM
I've seen the clue, haven't made the connection yet. I am still working on the alternate ending. (I also noticed in credits some voice talent listed for characters I don't think I've encountered yet. Not sure, though.)

I wonder if one needs to reset the game to search for the clue?

ETA: Silly me. The "extra" voice talent listed in the credits was for the voices on the recordings and some of the letters found throughout the story.

Edited on 11/26/2014 at 6:15:51 PM PST

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Nov 26, 14 9:57 AM
Loved the game so much, I may play it over and try to figure it out.

saxifraga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by saxifraga on Nov 26, 14 2:19 PM
Hurray, a secret achievement, a very much appreciated challenge, at least for my taste. My guesses so far: The clue in the credits may resolve to a number with 3 places. Look for a code input device that remains operational after completing the tasks in the main game. I inputted the most obvious codes, yet to no avail ... so far.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 26, 14 2:30 PM

Sulokitu
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Sulokitu on Nov 26, 14 3:31 PM
Got it!
Had to do some guess work for one of the clues since the number I came up with from my observations wasn't working. Perhaps one of the addition signs should have been a multiplication sign?

[Post New]by CherylParker on Nov 26, 14 5:01 PM
Does anyone remember playing the first Dire Grove?
There was also a secret achievement. The clue was in the credits and you had to come up with a number from the clues given. The number given was for a telephone. So you had to play the game again to enter the answer.
But I remember the answer was so hard because it was trivia. One was Shaq"s shoe size added, subtracted, divided or multiplied by other trivia answers. Another was the address for White House.
My point is it was hard because even if you knew the answer to the trivia you had to know what to do with those numbers. Add, subtract, etc.
I haven't seen the credits yet. But I hope it isn't as hard.
Don't get me wrong I love a challenge.
But trivia is not my forte.
It looks like Sulokitu got it, Congrats!

Sulokitu
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Sulokitu on Nov 26, 14 5:52 PM
This one wasn't nearly as hard as the secret from the first Dire Grove, IMHO. Still fun though.

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Nov 26, 14 6:22 PM
Hi Sulokitu,

Do you need to replay the game from the beginning to solve it?

Thanks!

Sulokitu wrote:This one wasn't nearly as hard as the secret from the first Dire Grove, IMHO. Still fun though.

Sulokitu
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Sulokitu on Nov 26, 14 7:24 PM
youreyes13 wrote:

Do you need to replay the game from the beginning to solve it?

I did, but it might not be necessary. It depends on where you are in the game when you figure out what to do. I wish I would have thought to watch the credits before I got to the end.

AshleyD1979
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by AshleyD1979 on Nov 26, 14 8:15 PM
Is anything supposed to happen after inputting the code correctly?

I got the achievement but the game glitched out at that exact moment. Was the object supposed to go into our inventory to be used or was it just for the achievement?

Thank you!

I was expecting to use the object like in the first Dire Grove but maybe not.

Sulokitu
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Sulokitu on Nov 26, 14 8:34 PM
Spoiler: Nothing went into to inventory when I got it. It was really pretty anticlimactic. Wish there would have been more to it.

AshleyD1979
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by AshleyD1979 on Nov 26, 14 8:37 PM
Sulokitu wrote:Spoiler: Nothing went into to inventory when I got it. It was really pretty anticlimactic. Wish there would have been more to it.

Thank you! 'Anticlimactic' is a good word for it. lol

[Post New]by mcmouse on Nov 28, 14 2:17 PM
I've read the clue, but is the date code for the museum in Amercian format - MM/DD/YYYY or English format (as Dire Grove is England) DD/MM/YYYY? Being Australian, we use the English format, which makes sense since you are going from day to month to year, whereas I've never understood putting month, day, year.

Also, when they refer to canines, do they include all the wolves, or just Thunder?

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Nov 28, 14 3:32 PM
mcmouse wrote:I've read the clue, but is the date code for the museum in Amercian format - MM/DD/YYYY or English format (as Dire Grove is England) DD/MM/YYYY? Being Australian, we use the English format, which makes sense since you are going from day to month to year, whereas I've never understood putting month, day, year.

Also, when they refer to canines, do they include all the wolves, or just Thunder?

Mouse,

its the DD/MM/YYYY format used. And the clue says canine figurines.

I'm still trying to figure out where to enter the the solution, can someone confirm for me that its the red telephone box?

Edited on 11/28/2014 at 6:08:09 PM PST

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Nov 29, 14 5:46 AM
If someone could PM me the info, I did the date the way others suggested and it's not working

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 29, 14 6:40 AM
Would be nice if somebody could PM me the correct number too. I know where to put it in, but nothing is happening when I do.

Jeeepers
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by Jeeepers on Nov 29, 14 7:13 AM
Yeah - I don't get it either. Canine figurines? How many birds can break a branch? Are these the birds from one of the puzzle games?

Edited on 11/29/2014 at 7:14:13 AM PST

Sulokitu
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Sulokitu on Nov 29, 14 7:21 AM
Spoiler: The canine figures are in the hotel. There are two sets - wolves and foxes. Using the clue to compute the number didn't work for me though. I ended up guessing this digit.
The birds are from one of the super puzzles where you had to click on the birds until they all landed on the same branch and it broke.

Go to: