[Post New]by Gracefd on Nov 26, 14 1:29 AM
And they're 60% off! Happy Thanksgiving everyone

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:Turkey Walkers are here! Gobble Gobble

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 26, 14 4:01 AM
Gobble, but they used to be silver. Now they changed them to gold (hence the large discount) and to top it off they forgot to remove the 9-hour summoning time... and only one item, from last year, at the last minute... No further comments...Gobble!

ETA: I just saw that they obviously also left the initial juju and XP unchanged at the low levels of a silver item, not of one costing 30 gold...GOBBLE!

Edited on 11/26/2014 at 9:47:11 AM PST

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 26, 14 5:32 AM
Right on eli!!

Gold items should not have summoning time etc.

I was always taught that if you can't do it right, don't do it at all.

pupinio
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by pupinio on Nov 26, 14 6:57 AM
I feel ripped off! I spent gold and I have to wait for it to summon? For low juju? If I had realized that I wouldn't have spent my gold. That's what I get for not checking first. I should know better by now.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 26, 14 7:16 AM
Gobble! I realize how annoying old players must be to them (or at least those of us pointing out fresh examples of the endless degradation of the game), but in this case their sloppiness betrays them anyway. And what about the "discount"? Since the turkeys are going to be there only temporarily, it doesn't make any sense, as they will never be sold at full price, thus it looks more like a marketing gimmick. Unless it's an early bird discount and tomorrow they will cost 30 gold, in which case, GOBBLE!!!

Edited on 11/26/2014 at 7:18:43 AM PST

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Nov 26, 14 10:10 AM
HHSan wrote:Gold items should not have summoning time etc.

I didn't think about that, but you're right. I don't think any other gold item has a summoning time.

BraidLady
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by BraidLady on Nov 26, 14 10:44 AM
I think I'm losing it.....
I took a break from Thanksgiving prep and stopped in on the game.
Decided to buy a turkey and despite what it says, in fact my gold wasn't docked the 10 bars, rather I was charged silver (I think maybe $20K plus not sure).
hmmmm.....
Another DM mystery glitch.

[Post New]by Lambchop_1 on Nov 26, 14 11:26 AM
I just bought the turkeys and they were listed for silver not gold so I maxed out on them.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Nov 26, 14 12:04 PM
BraidLady wrote:I think I'm losing it.....
I took a break from Thanksgiving prep and stopped in on the game.
Decided to buy a turkey and despite what it says, in fact my gold wasn't docked the 10 bars, rather I was charged silver (I think maybe $20K plus not sure).
hmmmm.....
Another DM mystery glitch.

I bought one earlier today for 10G. After reading your post I re-checked the price and it's now 23,800S. Apparently Level 24 is the minimum level for purchase.

ETA: Level 43 for 2nd, Level 61 for 3rd.

Edited on 11/26/2014 at 3:12:48 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 26, 14 12:10 PM
I sent PMs to two mods early today, asking them to request a change back to silver or at least correct the mistakes re summoning time, juju and XPs. I suppose that this is why they changed it.

Edited on 11/26/2014 at 12:11:05 PM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Nov 26, 14 12:19 PM
eli173 wrote:I sent PMs to two mods early today, asking them to request a change back to silver or at least correct the mistakes re summoning time, juju and XPs. I suppose that this is why they changed it.

Well done!

Would you also request that when there's a Happy Hour that the last 'free' HO scene played does get charged just because it ends in the next hour?

pupinio
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by pupinio on Nov 26, 14 12:29 PM
Yeah, it's back to silver, but the 30 gold I spent on 3 turkeys hasn't been returned to me and I still have to wait another 6 hours to summon them. That's the last time I spend before looking at the details.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 26, 14 12:42 PM
Temp: Consider it done but don't hold your breath!

pupinio: I spent only 10 but I intend to ask them for a refund. I don't think it will be done automatically, although it should.

Gracefd
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Gracefd on Nov 26, 14 4:18 PM
I found dark manor in January 2014 so I didn't know about the formerly silver price. Guess it's another ticket for me (sigh) Still love that turkey though

Go to: