bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mana Crusher here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Nov 26, 14 5:58 AM
Morning Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mana Crusher here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mana Crusher.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mana Crusher here!

[Post New]by bratzgram on Nov 26, 14 3:46 PM
Sorry Not a fan of this one at all. Never have liked taking turns on a match3. That's just me. I don't usually leave a review unless I have played the entire demo but simply couldn't make it through this one. Not only do you have to take turns but if you don't play in the first 10 seconds of your turn it tells you where to play! It is not a swap game but drag through a line and extremely easy. You have a choice of what type of character you are but I don't believe that determines how the game plays;

It does have some very cute artwork that I feel would appeal to younger players.

I just am not a fan of this type of Match 3 so that may color my opinion. As always, please try for yourself. May be just what you or your child would love.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mana Crusher here!

[Post New]by Janette5 on Nov 27, 14 3:49 AM
Fun, Challenging & New

You are a wizard, you get to choose which one at the start of the game, that is banned and trapped in a world you need to escape. You are going to do this by matching colours. This is not strictly a match 3 game. You drag your wizard along a path of matching colours for as long as you can make the path to earn points or power-ups. That is the premise of the game.

It starts off very easy, and these are the tutorial levels where a lot of help is given in choosing the right path. The game gets a lot more challenging once the tutorial levels are done.

What is interesting and challenging in this game:

You only have a set amount of turns or time, but mostly it is turns. You have certain goals and you must meet them within your turn limit. These goals can be from defeating an enemy, to making enough money, making more money than your opponent, clearing certain blocks or a mixture. However, you can purchase more turns with your game money if you lose a level or you can restart and try to make it in the given turns.

You'll encounter enemies on the side that shoot at you and can eliminate you, so you have to cast a spell to protect yourself or make your pattern such that you don't land on the edges of the board. You can cast spells to eliminate them in turn. The mana for spells is collected by matching across blue cells.

As the game progresses you can get additional wizards to play with you (you can play the lottery with game money as well to collect wizard cards), and in some levels there are more than one player on the board and you choose which one to move. The wizards have different skills so it can affect your game. You can use your turn to cast a spell as well and as the game progresses you get more wizard cards and spells. However, if you use your spell to change the blocks to blue and your opponent is in range he can use it in his turn. You have to be very clever in how you use your spells. I found this made the game really fun and challenging with a nice mixture of levels, sometimes you're playing against opponents, sometimes just against your own skill.

I recommend you try the demo and last beyond the tutorial levels that may put you off as they're too easy. This game is a buy for me.

Edited on 11/27/2014 at 3:51:33 AM PST

Go to: