catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Silent Nights: Children's Orchestra here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 28, 14 1:42 AM
A thread for your reviews!
Happy gaming. Have a great day!

Edited on 11/28/2014 at 7:58:10 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Silent Nights: Children's Orchestra here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Nov 28, 14 7:58 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Silent Nights: Children's Orchestra here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Silent Nights: Children's Orchestra.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Nov 28, 14 11:44 AM

Bland Recital "Sparks" A Hot Pursuit

The setting: You are at the North Italy Music Festival listening to your daughters, Amelie and Bernadette Deux, play in the children's orchestra. Suddenly, a fire breaks out in the theater and your children are led away by a mysterious masked man. I do not want to give away too much, but this all has to do with "the healing power of music." (Note: this is the second in the series - the first is The Pianist which I have since played and is a good game.)

In somewhat of a paradox, though you play the girls' mother (who is also a musician), you perform a lot of non-musician, dare I say non-feminine tasks. You'll shoot machine guns, repair tractors as well as other mechanical and physical tasks. One thing that you will do as a musician is transcribe music into written form. This is repeated over to help you to progress (don't worry, it's not too hard).

Throughout the game there are small symbols to collect which, when you have the set of three, will unlock a "secret file." These files fill in the back story about why your children are in danger. There is a jump map, a journal and three fixed difficulty levels.

Hidden objects scenes are infrequent as this game presents more puzzles than HO's Types encountered were simple list with interaction, put back in place, and progressive. Puzzles and mini-games were a nice twist, none were very difficult but every one fit nicely into the arts-and-music theme of the story.

The drawing was a little grainy in style. But this is a dark story - bright, shiny and clear would not be appropriate. A nice touch by the developers has a scene change from day to night as time passes. There's plenty of detail in the surroundings, but I thought it was somewhat lacking in the faces of the other characters. Voices were mostly good except for the masked man's who was not frightening enough for my tastes. There is also a noticeable delay between scenes.

I enjoyed playing the demo, liked the puzzles and was interested in the story. I will be in attendance when this orchestra plays.

Four

Edited on 11/28/2014 at 11:44:25 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 28, 14 2:08 PM
Hi all. Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. I reviewed this one as a CE and did not feel it was CE worthy. Not because there was anything wrong particularly, but because it was lacking something. The graphics are nice, a little fuzzy. Game play was very good. Music not annoying. Voice overs are very few and far between and dialog cannot be "clicked" through if you read faster than they speak. There isn't much in the way of sound FX either, which makes this a fairly quiet game.

HOPs are the standard and not many of those either. Items are very easy to find. Puzzles are extremely simple, no challenge here at all. Very helpful hint system, which you will use. Jump map doesn't always show that there is something to be done in a location, so you keep hitting the hint and back tracking, which is annoying.

As I said, I did not feel this game was CE worthy, but I always give it another chance when the SE version comes out. I sometimes change my mind and get the SE, which is what I am going to do with this one. No, it is not all that challenging, the story is quite predictable and nothing new, but it is not a bad SE. Yes, I will use a game credit to add this one to my collection, only because I need to us it. This is one of those "nothing better to do" games and this is definitely one of those days.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Go to: