[Post New]by Anniejo on Apr 16, 09 12:03 AM
Downloading now, FF too!!!!!!!!!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:TGT: Cindy's Travels: Flooded Kingdom

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 16, 09 12:05 AM
I'm so excited!!!! And it's a Felix's Favorites!!!! This was well worth staying up until midnight for!!!!

Yippppeeeee!!!!!

Edited on 04/16/2009 at 12:06:35 AM PST

bep1
Shark
Shark
10,381 Posts

[Post New]by bep1 on Apr 16, 09 12:08 AM
Looks cute. Hope it is good!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 16, 09 12:21 AM
Ok, after a few minutes to refresh my memory and see what's different from the beta test other than the name:

Untimed (some people might want a timed version but there doesn't appear to be a way to turn it on)
Ability to change the difficulty level at ANY TIME during the game. I haven't tested this.
Interesting twist in match-3 (chain mode on hex tiles, and you can use Cindy herself as a sort of wild card)

You do have to drag across the tiles to select the chain, which will limit my playing time to 15-30 minutes a session.

The top down view takes a bit of getting used to. I'm going to assume that we still have a variety of minigames. Now to try to limit myself to just a few more minutes of playing and then force myself to get some sleep.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Apr 16, 09 12:21 AM
That took about 20 min. to download. l'll try it now.

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Apr 16, 09 12:46 AM
Don't forget to put your or on the thumbs up thumbs down thread

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Apr 16, 09 12:51 AM
l did Grumbler.
But Lordkalvan gives always the best answers.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Apr 16, 09 1:01 AM
Thumbs down. Game looks great but gameplay is not fluid. I did not feel that the clicking and dragging of the items worked well in this game. Magic Match had much better gameplay.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 16, 09 1:08 AM
Wow! What a neat little game!

I am at this point trying *not* to purchase before the demo is up (I am 1/2 hour in atm) in case some nasty Match 3 thing shows up, like freezing blocks, or poison or something that adds a timed element to this No Timer game. So far I'm lovin' it, though, and since it's a Felix's Fave it's more than likely gonna be snapped up soon.

Very pleasing unique graphics, enjoyable upbeat music, and did I mention no timer? I have enjoyed other Match 3 "move the person along a path" games but this one you can do that either by clearing objects directly in front of our Heroine Cinderella or by filling the Magic Mirror Power which then clears everything in a circle around her. She also is a conduit for joining different group types, which is a neat little feature. There are the usual Match 3 power-up types to help her along the way, new board, break a single tile, break a group without having to drag and there will be more as the game goes on. There are also, so far, the usual hinderences with chained tiles that need to be grouped multiple times and stone tiles that need groups made next to them. Hopefully nothing too nasty in the future.

A nice surprise along the way was a hidden object scene. A group of objects in the space usually filled with power-ups that fill as you find them. There *appeared* to be unlimited hints for this bit as well. I'm hoping there will be more of these.

There are 60 dots indicating locations on the map, but often having reached the first goal you will discover a 2nd before returning to the map, so this will extend game play. I got through I think 7 locations in 26 minutes before popping out to write this, but I had difficultly set pretty easy. I also think, with the sliding difficulty meter, lots of replayability to be had. For those missing the Timer I guess sliding that puppy to Hard might give you the challenge you seek. Me I'm playing on the easy side of middle.

So already I feel pretty confident calling this Poodlebear Approved. Hopefully timed elements won't bite me in the tailfin later.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 16, 09 1:14 AM
DonnyDJ wrote:Game looks great but gameplay is not fluid. I did not feel that the clicking and dragging of the items worked well in this game.

Do you mean it technically is not working well because the cursor slides smooth as glass for me and the chains pop as you would expect and fill in as they normally do on a hex grid quite fluidly. Or do you just mean you don't like the way this mechanic works for this game? If the former you may be having some technical issue that is not a problem with the game.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 16, 09 1:16 AM
Where did the hour go?! One minute I'm just going to try a few minutes and then go to bed and BAM! The hour trial is over and I'm not done playing. This is a definite purchase for Smallhaven. Fun, entertaining, easy to follow match game. At least it was for me.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 16, 09 1:33 AM
I'm heading into the swamp. The only timer type part I've hit is the Zuma clone, and between it being very slow and the laser pointer it was easy. (no timer, but the goblin is pushing the items and getting closer to you. hmmm.... one of these days i'll have to replay that part and see what happens if I don't finish before the goblin gets to cindy!)

I appreciated the literary reference (Don Quixote). I'm playing through on default medium difficulty, then when I finally finish I'll try again on the hardest setting and see if I can hack it.

The only part that I found to be "not smooth" is the tile refilling after you clear a chain. It sort of jerks a bit, particularly if there's dialog at the time. I wish that they had paid attention to my suggestion when I beta tested it to make more interesting praises though - "long chain" and "very long chain" are BO-ring; it would be much more fun to have "great!", "fantastic!", "incredible!", and a bunch more adjectives.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Apr 16, 09 1:35 AM
Poodlebear wrote:
DonnyDJ wrote:Game looks great but gameplay is not fluid. I did not feel that the clicking and dragging of the items worked well in this game.

Do you mean it technically is not working well because the cursor slides smooth as glass for me and the chains pop as you would expect and fill in as they normally do on a hex grid quite fluidly. Or do you just mean you don't like the way this mechanic works for this game? If the former you may be having some technical issue that is not a problem with the game.

Poodle,
The way the game played for me was like it was jerky - not at all smooth. But, now both you Poodle and Small have mentioned that your games smooth and easy. What could mechanically be wrong with my game that I would have technical problems to boot....need to check this out. Thanks Poodle for your review. Always look forward to them.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Apr 16, 09 1:36 AM
This is a really neat little game! I so much enjoy the fact that there's no timer and it's so different than most match-3's imo. this one definitely gets a
Yiiipppeeee doodles!!!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 16, 09 1:38 AM
I found the curser difficult to pull. I went to the Options and made the game easier and then the curser moved a little better but not much. The constant glowing of the Path hurt my eyes. I can see the Path clearly why do they keep showing me the way? Ouch!

Cute game with good minis but it was painful and tiring for me. Because it is a Fav, I may end up buying it before the Promo is over if I need another game, I give it a for gameplay and a for graphics, minis and cuteness.

Another thing, I thought maybe if I turned off the mirror curser I might be able to move better but the regular curser would not work at all. It moved but would not highlight any matches so I had to go back to that mirror.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 16, 09 1:44 AM
LOL Lord ... what a fantastic achievement to be heading into the swamp so soon on after starting your incredible journey.

Key ring here I come ... thanks for giving me a fun game to buy Felix.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 16, 09 1:50 AM
Well it probably helps that I had played the full hour of the beta test, and learned some how to do some of the stuff.

Another mildly timer based minigame: catching fireflies. On medium difficulty they weren't too hard, because I didn't have to click right on them: near misses were good enough. The trick I used in Wonderburg of holding still and letting the critter come to me worked fairly well here. I might not be able catch them on hardest difficulty level, assuming it speeds up. Of course since we can adjust the difficulty at any time, and there's unlimited time, it's not a huge problem.

Now to attempt to force myself to go to sleep, seeing as how I'm supposed to be working in 4 or 5 hours.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 16, 09 2:21 AM
GeeBee wrote:
Poodlebear wrote:

Poodle,
The way the game played for me was like it was jerky - not at all smooth. But, now both you Poodle and Small have mentioned that your games smooth and easy. What could mechanically be wrong with my game that I would have technical problems to boot....need to check this out. Thanks Poodle for your review. Always look forward to them.

Ok, yes, on playing now there was some jerkiness on the fill in, particularly when there is dialog as was mentioned, though dragging the cursor still very smooth. I don't see this having a great deal of impact on gameplay, though, and to me it is a minor thing, but then for me just a *little* jerky, maybe it varies.

...and yep, I bought it.

Go to: