CE Version

Joyce2159
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

CE Version

[Post New]by Joyce2159 on Nov 29, 14 11:13 AM
Does anyone know if there is a CE version of this game?

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:CE Version

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 29, 14 11:20 AM
I thought there was, but I couldn't find it. I have the other two CE games in this series, and was so sure I had demoed this one too. Still looking, but not on my purchase list or the BF list of games.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Nov 29, 14 12:03 PM
The CE version is on another game site which is why you remember it

K

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 29, 14 1:28 PM
The developer of this game is They Who Must Not Be Named. TWMNBN released the CE version on their site, which is similar to BFG. They only released the SE here because they want you to go to their site and buy it.

Joyce2159
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Joyce2159 on Nov 29, 14 2:29 PM
Thank you for your answers all!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 29, 14 4:32 PM
I remember the beta had a bunch of nifty extras and I'm disappointed that the game here doesn't. It's still a great game though

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Nov 29, 14 9:40 PM
I didn't demo the one here. Does it has a bonus chapter, collectible candy canes that you use to upgrade your hint, journal and something else, and achievements? If so, then there is no CE, just an SE with extras. You can replay the puzzles too.

I have the one with the above "extras," but it is not called a CE or Platinum Edition or whatever. I didn't get it from the site that has Platinum Editions by the way!

I liked the bonus chapter better than the game.

CE Version

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 30, 14 12:00 AM
Joyce2159 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a CE version of this game?
I bought the game from another site and that one has a bonus chapter.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Nov 30, 14 9:26 AM
OK, just downloaded BFG version and my other one to compare.

In the BFG one there is no bonus chapter. The other one has an extra chapter to play after completing the main game. It is the story of Mr. Dudley and you learn his "real" name!

In other versions you collect candy canes to use in the "shop."

The BFG version has an empty gray circle between the ? and the compass. In mine, purchased elsewhere, there is a candy cane. Click on it and open the "extras."

- sketches
- minigames to replay
- achievements
- music
- wallpapers
- shop

"Shop" is where you go to upgrade your journal, inventory vines, and what animal you have for a hint. That's it. Just upgrade the looks of those items. You upgrade by paying with the candy canes you collect.

Neither have a SG.

There is NO way to tell without opening the game which version is which. There is no indication that the game with have extra or a bonus chapter or not by the descriptions on the gaming sites that sell it. Even the site where I bought mine does not mention the "extras." So, this is a case of "buyer beware." You won't know what you buy until you try it! Or, if the site allows demos, try...
(There is a site that mentions the extras, although not the bonus chapter, so shop around! It isn't called anything different.)

Edited on 11/30/2014 at 9:43:49 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 30, 14 1:34 PM
The screen shots on the site that must not be named shows the little candy cane.

This IS a kind of collector's Edition

[Post New]by IdahoForever on Nov 30, 14 4:57 PM
I've seen others report there was no bonus game, etc. But there is:

Once you finish the game, there is a bonus game, bonus mini-games, music, wallpaper, etc. Just no morphing items, but there are candy canes you can spend in the shop to "Power Up" as you play the game. The bonus game is the best part.

The other worlds are from previous Weird Park games. If you've played those games, then a lot of this will seem familiar. Since Louis keeps saying he wanted to create something fun, I think that is why there is fun, not creepy music. I guess they thought the fun music would make the creepy stuff seem even creepier, but it didn't work that way for me. There is also the thought that evil often comes disguised as good. That's how people get caught up in the evil ...

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 1, 14 12:34 AM
cbtx wrote:
snapnhiss wrote:The screen shots on the site that must not be named shows the little candy cane.

So do the 2nd and 3rd screenshots here.

Yes, they are in the screen shots, however, I just purchased the game and they do not show up in that middle circle on my game!

Would someone who has purchased the CE of this game please PM me with the info?

Thanks,
BK

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 1, 14 3:10 AM
The candy cane version is available at the site that can't be named. $6.99.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Dec 1, 14 8:01 AM
snapnhiss wrote:The candy cane version is available at the site that can't be named. $6.99.

There are plenty of sites that can't be named! I don't know which one you are talking about, but...

other than one site where you can't see the bottom of the screenshot, ALL the other sites have the version that has the extras! Only one that I found has two versions, one called a CE and has a SG. That site is the one down the "river," if you get what I mean!

I bought mine without it mentioning the extras, but it had them. No SG, but that was fine.

It seems as though BFG is the ONLY site with a pared down version. Is that true mods? Why?

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 1, 14 3:40 PM
Hey twinsoniclab

I completely understand wanting to know why Big Fish may have a version of the game that's different than what can be found elsewhere.

The version we receive to release on our site is provided to us at the discretion of the devs. We do everything we can to get the best games for you, but ultimately, the devs decide which version we receive, and this can sometimes be different from what they release elsewhere.

I hope that information helps, but if there are any questions, please feel free to PM one of the Mods

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by IdahoForever on Dec 1, 14 7:48 PM
Yes, the candy canes do show up in mine, and I did download it from BFG. The bonus game is accessed by clicking on a board hanging from the Weird Park- the Final Show sign on the right of the main menu screen.

The Strategy Guide is accessed by clicking on a puzzle icon at the bottom of the screen, to the right of your inventory.

to the left of your inventory, next to the journal are three little icons. One is for goals, the second is for the candy canes: once you collect a certain number of them you can buy a power-up. The bottom icon is a compass--> a map.

The first candy cane is on top of the newspaper in the mailbox in front of the house.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 1, 14 8:11 PM
IdahoForever wrote:Yes, the candy canes do show up in mine, and I did download it from BFG. The bonus game is accessed by clicking on a board hanging from the Weird Park- the Final Show sign on the right of the main menu screen.

The Strategy Guide is accessed by clicking on a puzzle icon at the bottom of the screen, to the right of your inventory.

to the left of your inventory, next to the journal are three little icons. One is for goals, the second is for the candy canes: once you collect a certain number of them you can buy a power-up. The bottom icon is a compass--> a map.

The first candy cane is on top of the newspaper in the mailbox in front of the house.

This is so very strange and confusing... My version of the game doesn't have any candy canes to collect, there isn't a hanging board in game's menu from which you can access the bonus chapter (it started automatically when the main game ended, in my case) and it certainly doesn't include a strategy guide.

Could someone from BF explain this to us, please? It doesn't look nice.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Dec 1, 14 9:31 PM
OK, I reopened my game (from somewhere else) and I see until you finish the main game the "Bonus Chapter" is not there. Once you finish it appears. I switched from a profile that hadn't finished (testing) to my finished one, and there it was, "Bonus Chapter." I did not have the puzzle icon (I see it in screenshots from other sites though).

Then, I downloaded the BFG one yet again, and while there is no way for me to tell if the bonus chapter will appear (I can't finish it), it definitely does NOT have the candy canes! I just this minute checked and there is a gray circle, not cane.

I understand that BFG gets what the developer give them, but there seems to be no agreement as to what players are getting! One person has candy canes and a SG, another doesn't. That really doesn't seem possible!

Edited on 12/02/2014 at 10:24:07 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 1, 14 11:19 PM
tammytheo wrote:

My version of the game doesn't have any candy canes to collect, there isn't a hanging board in game's menu from which you can access the bonus chapter (it started automatically when the main game ended, in my case) and it certainly doesn't include a strategy guide.

Ditto for my game.
I seem to recall extra gameplay a little surprise added to one of the other Weird Park games I also purchased here as a SE.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 2, 14 4:06 AM
IdahoForever wrote:Yes, the candy canes do show up in mine, and I did download it from BFG. The bonus game is accessed by clicking on a board hanging from the Weird Park- the Final Show sign on the right of the main menu screen.

My non-BFG version has all of that minus the strategy guide. How odd.

Go to: