Re:bonus chapter

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 30, 14 1:31 AM
I DL this game from BF. There is no SG ,bonus chapter and candy canes to collect..

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Nov 30, 14 9:27 AM
OK, just downloaded BFG version and my other one to compare.

In the BFG one there is no bonus chapter. The other one has an extra chapter to play after completing the main game. It is the story of Mr. Dudley and you learn his "real" name!

In other versions you collect candy canes to use in the "shop."

The BFG version has an empty gray circle between the ? and the compass. In mine, purchased elsewhere, there is a candy cane. Click on it and open the "extras."

- sketches
- minigames to replay
- achievements
- music
- wallpapers
- shop

"Shop" is where you go to upgrade your journal, inventory vines, and what animal you have for a hint. That's it. Just upgrade the looks of those items. You upgrade by paying with the candy canes you collect.

Neither have a SG.

There is NO way to tell without opening the game which version is which. There is no indication that the game with have extra or a bonus chapter or not by the descriptions on the gaming sites that sell it. Even the site where I bought mine does not mention the "extras." So, this is a case of "buyer beware." You won't know what you buy until you try it! Or, if the site allows demos, try... (There is one site that does mention the extras, but not the extra chapter, though... shop around!)

Edited on 11/30/2014 at 9:43:11 AM PST

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Nov 30, 14 10:38 AM
To add some more confusion:

PC version: no SG, no bonus chapter, no collectibles or other extras

Mac version: Bought it some weeks ago from another site for the price of a SE, played it twice as I enjoyed the graphics, the gameplay, HOGS and minigames and the humour.

Removed this game and redownloaded from BFG.
Still available: a puzzle piece next to the hint button for the SG, a candy cane between the question mark and the map on the left, extras as achievements, mini games, sketches, shop, wallpapers and music on the main menu.

judithg315
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by judithg315 on Nov 30, 14 11:06 AM
I purchased the PC version from BF yesterday.

I finished the main game last night. It was a lot longer than I expected.

I am playing the extra chapter now.

There is an extra chapter, but no SG or other extras.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Dec 1, 14 6:38 AM
In the extra chapter now.I'm at the stage part where you've developed the photo of David Wood the magician.I'm having problem dressing him.He's wearing top hat and suit.And holding a stick or something.Now stuck cause don't know what to do now to move on and as usual hint says check journal anyone out there can send help Thanks

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Dec 1, 14 8:02 AM
judithg315 wrote:I purchased the PC version from BF yesterday.

I downloaded the BFG version and it didn't have any of those things! Why are some people getting the extras and others not?

[Post New]by highfields on Dec 1, 14 2:15 PM
I also bought the BFG games version, for PC, and I do have the extra chapter. Anyone struggling with the chalk circle near the end? Not sure what I should be doing, iv chalked in symbols but nothing has happened.

judithg315
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by judithg315 on Dec 1, 14 3:54 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:
judithg315 wrote:I purchased the PC version from BF yesterday.

I downloaded the BFG version and it didn't have any of those things! Why are some people getting the extras and others not?

That is what I would like to know!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 1, 14 4:52 PM
BF's version of the game includes the bonus chapter indeed - the one in the theater, where you go back in time and have to find out Mr Dudley's real name. When the main game ends, the bonus chapter starts automatically. There are no indications beforehand however, like a bonus chapter tab in game's menu, that a bonus chapter is actually available so maybe this is what causes the confusion. Apart from that, all the other extras that have been mentioned are not included in this version of the game.

If you leave the lack of the option to lock the inventory bar in place aside, the game is quite good and enjoyable.

Edited on 12/01/2014 at 5:56:45 PM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 2, 14 3:35 PM
Hey Everyone

Thank you so much for reporting this issue. It's definitely strange that some are getting a different version of the game than others, since it should all be the same version for everyone.

I've gone ahead and forwarded this along to be investigated, and as soon as we get more information on the situation, we'll let you know.

In the meantime, I really want to thank you all for your patience while we look into this

bfgVaiya

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Dec 2, 14 6:58 PM
No locking inventory?That's all but of unheard of these days! Darn, I hate games where you can't lock it. I was all excited about getting this, but will have to think about it. Oh well, I have too many SE codes, I might as well give it a try.

Knowing my luck the CE will come out soon. Sigh.

[Post New]by bobtdog on Dec 5, 14 4:53 PM
Lack of SG is not handy ,i've got into the bonus chapter as far as having all but one of the parchment pieces and i cant find the last one,i have a locket and cant find where to put it also the juke box handle turns but message says "nothing happens i must be doing something wrong",no hint in the bonus game ,disappointing as i enjoyed the game so far

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 5, 14 7:17 PM
bobtdog wrote:Lack of SG is not handy ,i've got into the bonus chapter as far as having all but one of the parchment pieces and i cant find the last one,i have a locket and cant find where to put it also the juke box handle turns but message says "nothing happens i must be doing something wrong",no hint in the bonus game ,disappointing as i enjoyed the game so far

Hi bobtdog and welcome to the forums,

Next to the basement (under the stage) there's a hidden room - the one behind the selves which move aside after the last horse figurine has been placed on the carousel. There are 3 cages inside this room, each one with a recess of a different shape on it - square, triangular and circular. Those recesses are where you have to place the lockets in order to open the cages and, if I remember correctly, you'll find a couple of pieces for the papyrus in there.

Now, to get the jukebox handle to work, you first have to draw the correct symbols on the circle next to it, using a piece of chalk. There's a clue for this in the journal.

So, a little more searching and you'll be able to finish the bonus chapter. Are you sure the hint button doesn't work? It worked fine for me, showing me the right direction. Also, each HOP becomes available for a second time so search for them too.

I hope the above helps but if it doesn't, there's a video walkthrough of the game on YouTube which is quite helpful.

Good luck!

ETA: Ok, I looked it up once more and the YouTube walkthrough does not include the bonus chapter, unfortunately, so I hope my post is clear enough for you.

Edited on 12/05/2014 at 10:30:31 PM PST

[Post New]by bobtdog on Dec 6, 14 9:24 AM
tammytheo wrote:
bobtdog wrote:Lack of SG is not handy ,i've got into the bonus chapter as far as having all but one of the parchment pieces and i cant find the last one,i have a locket and cant find where to put it also the juke box handle turns but message says "nothing happens i must be doing something wrong",no hint in the bonus game ,disappointing as i enjoyed the game so far

Hi bobtdog and welcome to the forums,

Next to the basement (under the stage) there's a hidden room - the one behind the selves which move aside after the last horse figurine has been placed on the carousel. There are 3 cages inside this room, each one with a recess of a different shape on it - square, triangular and circular. Those recesses are where you have to place the lockets in order to open the cages and, if I remember correctly, you'll find a couple of pieces for the papyrus in there.

Now, to get the jukebox handle to work, you first have to draw the correct symbols on the circle next to it, using a piece of chalk. There's a clue for this in the journal.

So, a little more searching and you'll be able to finish the bonus chapter. Are you sure the hint button doesn't work? It worked fine for me, showing me the right direction. Also, each HOP becomes available for a second time so search for them too.

I hope the above helps but if it doesn't, there's a video walkthrough of the game on YouTube which is quite helpful.

Good luck!

ETA: Ok, I looked it up once more and the YouTube walkthrough does not include the bonus chapter, unfortunately, so I hope my post is clear enough for you.

Thankyou Tammytheo,I have got into the secret room you mentioned and opened the 3 cages thats where i got the locket it has the pattern of the chalk sketch next to the jukebox ,cant find where the locket goes also i cannot find the apple for the puzzle on the staircase through the door right of stage,also cant find chalk,map for BC gives no clues of active areas

Edited on 12/06/2014 at 9:36:28 AM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 6, 14 6:58 PM
You're welcome, bobtdog, though sorry to see you're still having trouble. I didn't understand which locket you're talking about... If I remember correctly, the locket you have in your inventory must be used on the papyrus, once you have assembled it of course.

I don't remember where exactly the apple and chalk are located... You're right, the map doesn't show areas of interest at times but what about the hint button? Also, have you tried searching for available HOPs? Each one becomes active for a second time so maybe that's the way to collect the items you're missing.

Let me know what happened, if you wish.

Go to: