lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Spoiler: solution to the puzzle with the dots on the tiles

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 17, 09 5:53 AM
One of the minigames near the end has different colored tiles, and some tiles that have dots on them the way dice do. The tiles on the edge do not move, but you can slide the inner tiles around all you like. Notice that the top and bottom of any given column except the middle one are the same color, just one is light and one is dark. Move all the tiles of that color into that column, and sort them by shade so that the colors go from lightest to darkest including the top and bottom one. It's easiest if you do the rightmost and leftmost first.

After sorting the colored tile columns, the dotted tiles will all be in the middle column. Sort that one numerically, ignoring the colors of the dots.

Re:Spoiler: solution to the puzzle with the dots on the tiles

[Post New]by wllccm25 on Jan 10, 10 2:09 PM
Thank you for posting this solution. I just got to that part in the game and was getting ready to either pull my hair out, or delete the game. Now, I won't have to do either one. So, thanks for the help.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Mar 14, 10 5:21 PM
When you get down to near the end, the hint button will light up a tile that needs moving. I didn't have my yellows quite in the right order.

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on May 3, 10 12:11 AM
I had to use a lot of trial and error on this one, because of my colour vision - I couldn't distinguish some colours from others - for me, this was the only part of the game which hadn't been thought out carefully enough, as a lot of people have problems with colour, and it isn't actually possible to skip the game: I have to reject a lot of games which are sloppy about use of colour - I've even come across games where the first three colours used include two which I find hard to tell apart, which is very sloppy; evidently actually selling a game doesn't actually interest some developers. Fortunately, this was the only thing I disliked about an otherwise very enjoyable game - so I'm replaying it at higher difficulty.

[Post New]by silvergirl_quest on May 12, 10 3:54 AM
Thank you so much, lordkalvan.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Spoiler: solution to the puzzle with the dots on the tiles

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 18, 10 5:39 PM
lordkalvan wrote:One of the minigames near the end has different colored tiles, and some tiles that have dots on them the way dice do. The tiles on the edge do not move, but you can slide the inner tiles around all you like. Notice that the top and bottom of any given column except the middle one are the same color, just one is light and one is dark. Move all the tiles of that color into that column, and sort them by shade so that the colors go from lightest to darkest including the top and bottom one. It's easiest if you do the rightmost and leftmost first.

After sorting the colored tile columns, the dotted tiles will all be in the middle column. Sort that one numerically, ignoring the colors of the dots.

THANK YOU for your kindness in posting this "spoiler"; I was ready to disappointingly go to another game knowing that I'd no idea how to resolve this mini-puzzle -- now back to this game

MEnr56

Damiana2
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Damiana2 on Sep 1, 11 8:13 AM
Thank you so much! I kept trying to get the dotted tiles to fit into their respective colors. When I pulled them out and made their own column, Voila! it worked!

Go to: