tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

the last part of the safein office minigame

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 30, 14 9:40 PM
Hi folks.....
I am going nuts here....
I have solved ALL the minigame to open the safe in the office, except for the wheel with spokes in the upper right hand corner.

I have followed what it says in the SG, and must be doing it wrong somehow.
Can anyone tell me how they got all the spokes to retract and stay retracted?
Or what ever else is needed to complete this game and open the safe?

It occurred to me, it might have something to do with the numbers below the wheel, and how the different spots of 'solved' puzzles give you choices to change that number.....but I just can't figure out how.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Re:the last part of the safein office minigame

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Dec 1, 14 3:04 AM
Hi, I did it by trial and error as it didn't seem to correspond to any given numbers. Alternate clicking the right and left arrows, like you would on a safe dial. If you click too many times one way and go too far it will reset. Just start again and do one click less at the point it reset. It doesn't matter which pin you start on.

Highlight solution - click the right arrow 4 times, then the left 4, right 6, left 2, right 4.

I really hope that made some sense.
Good luck

edited to correct solution
and again for the last number - thanks cwy

Edited on 12/01/2014 at 12:31:09 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 1, 14 4:00 AM
Thank you......
that is what I have found, but somehow, every time I go one to the left, my next click right resets.
I guess I will just keep on keeping on until it does it for me.
but it is good to know I don't have to start on a particular place.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Dec 1, 14 4:21 AM
I've just noticed what is wrong... I couldn't remember the numbers so I used the ones from the SG

At the point where you have only 4 pins remaining, the 1 to the left, should say click left x2 in the guide, which presses down one pin leaving 3 pins.

Sorry about that

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 1, 14 5:21 AM
Rumbit....you are a good person.
Thank you very much.
now I can make some progress again!

cwy2009
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by cwy2009 on Dec 1, 14 12:01 PM
Yeah, the number of clicks seemed totally random. I thought the number of clicks were 4 9 1 8 5 just like what was shown on the display. But actually it was something like "4 4 6 2 4":

4 clicks clockwise, 4 clicks counterclockwise, 6 clicks C, 2 clicks CC, and 4 clicks C.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Dec 1, 14 8:16 PM
For what I remember, the clue is consider all the spokes in (or down) as only one pin.

For instance the 1st hint said 4 times right. Then said 6 times right, you went again and count as one the 4 firsts (already down) and then 5 more. At that time you should have 9 pins down.
Same to the left, and finally all the spokes are in, and you can open the safe.

I don't know if I'm making sense (now I really feel that English is not my native language, not easy to explain ), but this particular puzzle made me crazy (along with others), and had the same, same frustrating problem as Tookat.

I didn't see the SG, to me was better the hint puzzle most of the playtime.

Good luck,
M.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 1, 14 9:19 PM
Minesita, what you said made perfect sense to me.....
but many people think that I am not quite 'normal'.....lol!
But I also counted all the down spokes as a one count.

Mostly, I think asking for help....and getting answers gave me the permission I needed to sit back and relax about the game......

My Feldenkrais Trainer often said that in intuition, we have recognized something that solves are problems.....without realizing we actually know the answer.

I find, when I am playing Zenerchi, an arcadish sort of game that I love.....that I often don't know what I have seen that completes each level, but before I know it, the level has been solved.

Go to: