catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dreamscapes:Nightmare's Heir here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 2, 14 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 12/02/2014 at 5:53:32 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dreamscapes:Nightmare's Heir here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Dec 2, 14 5:53 AM
Good morning!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dreamscapes: Nightmare's Heir here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dreamscapes: Nightmare's Heir.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 12/02/2014 at 6:09:59 AM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Dec 2, 14 8:45 AM
I loved the first dreamscape so was happy to see this sequel, but what a disappointment.. Graphics are not nearly as good as the first, and the inventory could not be locked, so I got dizzy by this jumping up and down
Story was not impressive either so deleted it very quick

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Dec 2, 14 9:23 AM
shelterhill wrote:I loved the first dreamscape so was happy to see this sequel, but what a disappointment.. Graphics are not nearly as good as the first, and the inventory could not be locked, so I got dizzy by this jumping up and down
Story was not impressive either so deleted it very quick

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 12/03/2014 at 1:43:53 PM PST

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Dec 2, 14 9:25 AM

Edited on 12/03/2014 at 1:42:58 PM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Dec 2, 14 11:31 AM

Edited on 12/03/2014 at 1:42:36 PM PST

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Dec 2, 14 2:52 PM
I loved the first one but I only played 12 minutes of the demo before I had to stop playing. I'm not sure what I'm not liking about this game. It didn't flow very well for me and the music had me running my cursor around too fast. That probably makes no sense to anyone else but me LOL. I think maybe if I'd spotted the lock on the inventory bar earlier that might have helped but I was 10 minutes into the demo before I spotted it and by then that stupid bouncy bar had driven me crackers.

I will give this another chance in a day or two and maybe try without the music.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Dec 2, 14 3:42 PM
What a SILLY game. The scenes in the hospital had me laughing out loud.

Dr Phillips had a nurses cap, which looked more like something a waitress would wear, and RED High Heeled shoes!!!
She asked what his "specialization" was. The correct word would be "specialty".
Oxygenous??bag. I been an RN since 1966 & have never heard or seen such a thing.

Down & dirty review: rehashed story line, VO ok but lip sync was just plain awful, Lisa looked like she had "vampire" teeth, usual murky graphics, HOS/Puzzles are of the ordinary variety, same with the music, no map which means a LOT of to & fro, & lastly a bouncing inventory which I guess can be locked.

Definitely NOT a 5 Star game. What did they see that the rest of us missed???

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 2, 14 5:24 PM
BEING PUT TO SLEEP AND NOT IN A COMA, LUCKILY I CAN ESCAPE THE NIGHTMARE OF THIS GAME

Things in the BF pond have been going along swimmingly. I have loved every HOP game recently. I knew that sooner or later BF would provide a "red" herring .All wrapped with a BIG "RED" bow for Christmas is, TO ME, one of the worst games in some time. I absolutely abhor this game from storyline to graphics. Luckily we can all rest easy the Sandman is never going to return again and Laura and Tim can go back to whatever they do. Laura has asked for your help as her husband has become a disciple of the Sandman and his future successor. I really should help Laura save Tim so this nauseating series will now end.

LEVELS: 3 Regular, Advanced, Expert

GRAPHICS: I have a gaming computer and the graphics are horrible. The scenes are blurry and the action sequences are choppy. I will debate the "awesome" graphics with anyone.

SOUND OF/AND MUZAC: Annoying. Moans and groans abound as you play the game. At least you can turn it off however; you are not so fortunate in turning off the storyline in this absurd game.

INVENTORY: It can be locked. It is not interactive

HOP SCENES: They are interactive junk piles

PUZZLES: Puzzles I encountered during the demo were a sequencing puzzle.

EXTRA GOODIES: The flying eyes - AKA "the beholders" are back. Collect 100 beholders in the scenes. You collect the diary as you play the game. I believe there are 12 achievements. I counted them but was not certain.

COMMENTS: First, this is my opinion. You may love this game, and good for you. However, I just do not like anything about this game and here is why: The storyline is bizarre. The acting sequences are very poor. The oohing and aahing of the background "muzac was irritating. The HOP scenes are somewhat interactive but repetitious and junk piles. The "red scare" has finally arrived with pink and purple now being replaced with in-your-face red. Seeing Laura's fast food red hair color made me want to go out and purchase some French fries with ketchup. . And what is an "oxygenous pillow?" Please devs - hire some English speaking employees for your company to translate from Russian to English.

NOW TO RATE THIS NIGHTMARE: I RATE THIS GAME 2 BEHOLDERS OUT OF 5 BEHOLDERS FOR AN SE. I WILL CATCH THE FLYING EYES SO I NEVER HAVE TO SEE THIS GAME AGAIN

Edited on 12/02/2014 at 6:56:43 PM PST

DiDi212
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by DiDi212 on Dec 2, 14 5:53 PM
I just finished this game and while it is not the worst game I've played it is far from the best. I didn't have any technical difficulty although there was a bit of a lag moving between scenes and my mouse was a little "wonky" when trying to touch on the beholders, the collectibles in the story.

It's a sequel. This time Tim is captured by the Sandman -- in the previous it was his wife Laura. Just 2 comments about these characters -- Laura's teeth look like vampire fangs and Tim wears too much eye liner -- just saying.

This is a weird story about rescuing Tim from the Sandman. The thing I liked most was collecting the "beholders" -- little eye-prominent creatures in the shapes of spiders, worms, flying creatures and red-eyed creatures. Some are easy to find -- others not so much. It took me a while to understand what was needed in each scene. To help you, keep in mind the number of beholders to find in a scene is located in the upper left corner of the scene. It shows how many to find or left to find. Changing rooms, like going from bedroom to bathroom, opens up additional beholders to find in that room. After you complete a chapter you can't go back so make sure to find the beholders within the chapter before picking up the final token.

This game also seemed very short. I finished it today and I took a couple of naps and did other things and I still finished it. So I'm glad I spent a free coupon and not money on this one.

This would be a good game for a beginner. The HOS and puzzles are fairly easy. There are certainly many more puzzles than HOS. I didn't skip many puzzles.

The graphics are clear, the music isn't distracting, and the voice overs are okay. There isn't a map and I would have liked one. I used the hint to give me directions to where I should go. The inventory locks and is found inside the inventory on the left side.

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Unimpressed

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Mar 27, 15 1:54 PM
I couldn't even play it for long so I didn't get to know whether or not it was any good. My mac just won't open it even though I reinstalled game manager and the game several times. I have received a refund but that doesn't solve the problem of why it wouldn't play in the first place. I've also downloaded it onto my macbook pro but the screen aspect is very narrow so everything looks elongated. I don't know what BFG are up to but they should really be addressing these technical problems. Not impressed.

Go to: