catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreamscapes: Nightmare's Heir here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 2, 14 12:43 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! It might help to include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 12/02/2014 at 5:52:37 AM PST

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreamscapes: Nightmare's Heir here!

[Post New]by oasis53 on Dec 2, 14 1:03 AM
Froze up on me when I tried to zoom in on desk in hospital..glad I tried before buying

[Post New]by CookieZ620 on Dec 2, 14 2:46 AM
Same thing happened to me. Many games lately that can't be played.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Dec 2, 14 3:37 AM
When I quit the game, it closed okay but took me back to a bare desktop -- no icons, no task bar, no nothing. After fiddling around for a minute, I had to shut down and restart my computer from the task manager. Ugly. I'm using Windows 7, BTW.

DK

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Dec 2, 14 4:16 AM
I am in a room towards the end. Everything is black and white. And I can't access my inventory items. So angry that something like this always happens at the end if the game.

[Post New]by Turtlenumberone on Dec 2, 14 5:11 AM
Well, here we go again. I downloaded the demo, no problem. then I started to play.
four separate times, the game froze. I had to shut down each time and restart. Each time I restarted I got one or two steps further in the game before it froze again.
I give up! Let me know if these problems ever get fixed. I have had it!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Dec 2, 14 5:53 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Dec 2, 14 6:37 AM
The same problem in this issue of the game as the CE...The game freezes up as soon as you touch the desk in the hospital!! No buy for me! Why would they release this when they know about the problem in the CE???

tdmj5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by tdmj5 on Dec 2, 14 7:28 AM
Me too!!! played 5 mins exactly and it froze.I have windows vista and really wanted to play this sandman game I own the other one. Hope u guys fix it

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Dec 2, 14 9:20 AM
littlemom4 wrote:The same problem in this issue of the game as the CE...The game freezes up as soon as you touch the desk in the hospital!! No buy for me! Why would they release this when they know about the problem in the CE???

This was never a CE release.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Dec 2, 14 10:45 AM
And here I thought it was just me ... whew .... what a relief (?).

I tried to exit out of the game at the hospital scene as well (and DID wonder why "Dr" was wearing a nurse's outfit - but, then, whatever floats their boat, I thought - lol). I COULD NOT get out of the game. Even doing a CAD didn't work and finally had to reboot my computer. Running on Windows 7.

Oh, FYI, BFG informed me it HAD to be my graphics card because I'm having so much trouble with so many of their games. Uh, no. I've had my computer looked at by my IT guy and it's definitely not the graphics card. Own up, BFG, and admit you're quality control leaves a LOT to be desired these days.

Hope everyones troubles get resolved. Good luck!

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Dec 2, 14 11:22 AM
Hello dear Fishies, I have a problem too. In a HOS I even can not see where the hint sparkles points to. It is a pendant and a pencil. I can not go further. And the box for the beholders is not there. Sorry, I am German. This game really disappoints. (un)happy gaming

[Post New]by moma3k on Dec 2, 14 11:23 AM

I bought the game because I liked the first one and I thought that it would not freeze up like in the demo (four separate times) but NO!!! I had to shut down and restart the computer. Each time I restarted I got a little further in the game before it froze again. REALLY FRUSTRATING!!!!!
Fix the problem!!!!!

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Dec 2, 14 11:56 AM
Just adding my voice to those for whom the game freezes at the nurse's desk. Sigh...but I've had problems before with HD games.

[Post New]by butterflydee89 on Dec 2, 14 1:03 PM
I am having the same problem as most, the game freezes when you click on the nurse's station desk. I have Windows Vista operating system.

[Post New]by tinkinator on Dec 2, 14 1:43 PM
In the first 5 mins. of game when looking on the hospital desk for something the game freezes. Downloaded 3 times but it happens everytime. Purchased this game , sure hope it can be fixed as it looks to be a good game.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 2, 14 1:58 PM
Running Win 8.1 on a laptop.
I have rarely had the problem of not even being able to play the demo, but I downloaded the demo and got an Error: Access violation 0x05188422 message.

I will try a couple of things myself, but I figured that I would post my tech issue.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 2, 14 3:17 PM
Well, I deleted the demo and reinstalled it and I still got the same error message when I tried to play it from the game manager. I also tried to open the game from the icon on my desktop and had the same problem. This may not be a bad thing if I can't play it since the reviews aren't that glowing and there seems to be other tech issues.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 2, 14 7:05 PM
I finished the game, and did not have any problems of any kind.

Using a Sony Vaio laptop with Win7 - 64-bit.

[Post New]by behavorial on Dec 3, 14 3:35 AM
freezing when going to nurses desk help

Go to: