lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Spoiler: tips for final level

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 17, 09 5:57 PM
The final level requires a different type of skill than the rest. I'm not very good at it. However, if the genie escapes, you get another chance, with a different starting position. Take your time, because it is turn based.

Look at the initial board. Is there an area on the edges that is completely free of lamps? You really do NOT want the genie heading in that area! So find the two lamps on the edges that are closest to this lamp-free area. Draw an imaginary line from one lamp in the general direction of the other, and vice versa. Plant your first lamp where these two lines intersect. Hopefully the genie will then start moving toward an area with lots of lamps. Start filling in the edges of the area she is closest to. When she gets close to the large lamp free area, place lamps along your imaginary lines instead of on the edges.

When the genie moves toward a section where the edge tiles are full of lamps, you can get ahead of her. Using this strategy should work on the default difficulty setting, if you have a reasonable starting layout. If you don't, just continue until the genie escapes then try again. Two to four tries should do the trick.

If you have a better strategy please post it!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Spoiler: tips for final level

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 17, 09 6:24 PM
I don't have a better strategy so thanks for posting this. I found that a lot of it was luck with the layout you got. Some layouts were impossible, especially when you got the genie appear close to the outer edge.
For me it was a matter of restarting until the layout was in my favour.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Apr 17, 09 8:52 PM
Lots of thanks to Lord K for this hint. I am absolutely pathetic at this type of game and was appalled to find it as the last level of a game I found easy otherwise. Now I have a chance of finishing.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Apr 19, 09 9:26 AM
yes indeed, thanks for these tips. i was so disappointed when I saw this last level.
I had tried about 5 times and then mentally gave up on it until I came here. Until then I had enjoyed the game very much, surprising as I do not like match 3 games.
So I reset it to easiest level and have finished it. Just wish it had been longer. I have never finished a game so quickly (except for that last level).

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 19, 09 10:07 AM
govegril wrote:I found that a lot of it was luck with the layout you got. Some layouts were impossible, especially when you got the genie appear close to the outer edge.
For me it was a matter of restarting until the layout was in my favour.

Same here. On the fifth attempt, finally got a layout that I could work with.

[Post New]by alexreality on Apr 28, 09 12:57 AM
Good strategy. At first you might get dissapointed that genie keeps winning, but then the fortunate layout comes and - gotcha!

Nansky69
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by Nansky69 on Feb 25, 10 2:45 AM
I tried 5 times and still haven't finished. It sucks to have a finish level like this in a match3 game. Does anything happen when you finish the last level? Except the satisfaction that you finished the game?

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Mar 14, 10 5:19 PM
Yes, there is a nice finishing scene.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Jul 30, 10 8:17 AM
Lord K gave some great tips for solving that last puzzle, but I thought I'd add one more thing. You CAN click on the genie! It seems to me that he tends to move in the direction that you want him to go in...but I may be wrong. If you have her almost trapped, clicking on her space will get her to move to the one or two empty spaces.

I know a lot of people don't like this last puzzle, but I really do like it....it's a nice challenge!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 18, 10 7:14 PM

I just finished this game and I'd trapped the genie in a different manner. After I ascertained in which direction the genie would be going (towards wherever you'd placed your lamp), I also discovered that the genie could move only a square or 2.

What I did then was to place all lamps ONLY along the edges but NOT 1 right after the other; I placed a lamp 2 or 3 spaces down and then as the genie got close to the edge of an empty space, THAT'S when I placed the lamp blocking the genie and as the genie moved towards the next space by the edge, a lamp had already been placed there so I would place another lamp 2 or 3 spaces down along the edge and continued that pattern until I'd completely gotten the genie contained.

Hope this helps; once I'd gotten an understanding of how to shoot the on-coming objects along the trail and thanks to the spoiler help -- I was able to really enjoy this UNTIMED game.

MEnr56

[Post New]by sela1562 on Aug 13, 11 3:24 PM
FINALLY finished this game after putting the final level off forever. I actually started with a new player name just so I could avoid it that much longer. LOL

Thanks so, so much for the instructions.

Go to: