catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Object Crosswords 2 here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 3, 14 12:43 AM
(Not gonna post anymore... after this I'll be at 999 posts. I don't wanna be an Angelfish! )
A thread for your reviews! Have a great day and happy gaming!

Edited on 12/03/2014 at 7:22:25 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Object Crosswords 2 here!

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Dec 3, 14 3:26 AM
catbag8717 wrote:(Not gonna post anymore... after this I'll be at 999 posts. I don't wanna be an Angelfish! )
A thread for your reviews! Have a great day and happy gaming!

Welcome back, catbag!!!!! Now, I can relax - lol.

So, post MORE so you can PASS Angelfish status and get the next one????

I wanted to like this game. I love doing crossword/word puzzles and I have the first one and totally enjoyed it. So, yeah, wanted to like it a LOT. Thought I did, at the beginning. Then, realized I had no instructions or direction. When I tried to input the missing letters, I kept getting "wrong word" with all my letters RED. But, when the word was solved .... guess what??? It was the word I had tried to type in! What??? Also, the game froze at the beginning of a match 3 game. I had to CAD out, and go back into the game. Instead of picking up where I left off, I had to restart the entire level.

After entering my profile name, I was taken right into the game. No tutorial, no instructions, no help of any kind. And, trust me, you NEED to know what's going on at any given time to be able to play this game well. So, I quit the game, entered a NEW profile and VOILA! Instructions were right there in the crystal ball-like thing in the center. Just keep reading it. There's also a "help" button at the main menu. I didn't click on that but assume it probably is helpful in regards to how to play the game.

The graphics were ok, I guess. I'm having eye issues so really can't comment because I can't really see anything well anyway. Music was turned down.

The various mini games were lots of fun .... I really liked that. But, very slow-moving IMO. When an answer was finally revealed, sometimes the "game" misspelled it. For instance, "perfum" per the game. We would call it "perfume" or "parfum".

I didn't find this so much a crossword puzzle as LOTS of mini games. I guess you can't have a game that's JUST mini games, there has to be a purpose to them, so BAM! Let's call it a crossword. Just didn't work for me.

I guess my review is all over the place. That's sort of how I felt the game was .... everywhere. I REALLY wanted to like it but it's just not going to be a purchase for me. I recommend everyone give it a try .... because MY issues were most likely that .... mine. And, if you find you like it ......

ENJOY!

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Object Crosswords 2 here!

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Dec 3, 14 4:10 AM
I agree with everything you said. I think they tried to stick too many things in one game and just ended up with a confusing mess. I much preferred the old game. A no buy for me. Sometimes things should just be left alone.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Dec 3, 14 4:53 AM
Good morning!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Hidden Object Crosswords 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Hidden Object Crosswords 2 .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Dec 3, 14 8:48 AM
This was my first try at this type of game. I like crosswords and hidden objects so it sounded okay. The option for the tutorial did come up for me.

As others seem to have remarked in review of the first game, it is slow. It took me 20 mins. to solve the first puzzle. One of the clues seemed a little "off" (perfum, not perfume).Much of that sort of thing will really irritate me. I used up nearly half of the demo on the first puzzle and my son was helping me!

It's a nice concept and the mix of puzzles is a neat idea but I'm not sure the end result is really fun. I'll finish the demo but doubt I'll buy it. The clues and the object in the scenes are sometimes hard to link. I was so thrilled when I solved a riddle that it wasn't funny.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Dec 3, 14 10:39 AM
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'm enjoying this game. When I started, I was given a choice for the tutorial which I took. I will admit that it wasn't that great, and as others have said, the hint is pretty much useless. But after playing several levels, I finally got into how to play the game. I'm not saying it's easy, but I think it's fun. BTW, "perfum" is the French spelling of "perfume."

I have not had any of the tech issues that others have had, and I don't know why. I have a Dell All-in-One with an upgraded graphics card, 8 GB RAM, and Windows 7.

Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Dec 3, 14 12:50 PM
I agree with most of the post. I did get the tutorial - not that it did much good. The directions were to vague. The program was always freezing up, slow to bring up the next part or go from one word to another. I couldn't even get to the end of the demo before giving up.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Dec 3, 14 1:09 PM
Yes, perfum may well be perfume in French but I would prefer they stick to one language . I wasn't expecting a crossover.

[Post New]by ChainOfDogs on Dec 3, 14 2:17 PM
dk5793 wrote: BTW, "perfum" is the French spelling of "perfume

Well, if we're going to be nitpicky here the French spelling of perfume is actually parfum. So this is a no buy for me. There can't be any spelling mistakes in a crossword game!

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Dec 3, 14 5:00 PM
Chain of Dogs, in an odd kind of way, your statement of "no spelling errors in a crossword game" is actually kind of funny.

Edited on 12/03/2014 at 5:02:03 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 3, 14 8:08 PM
Hello there,
No technical problems for me either on my acer laptop and Widows 7, however I did start again under a new profile to do the tutorial as the game is somewhat confusing without it. A bit of a mess actually. I agree that there is too much going on.
I don't mind cryptic versions, but the clues are very obscure at times. "don't put this on a pig" for lipstick!! " animate or not animate, flat or not flat" REALLY!!
I recommend that you trial this game if it seems to be one in which you might be interested - and do the tutorial.
Cheers

[Post New]by alknows on Dec 6, 14 5:09 PM
Worst game in gaming history. Can't believe I wasted a credit on it. Some of the answers are not spelled correctly, which is kinda a hindrance in a word game. Off to gaming hell with this one.

Go to: