catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Object Crosswords 2 here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 3, 14 12:47 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using!

Edited on 12/03/2014 at 4:53:35 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Object Crosswords 2 here!

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Dec 3, 14 3:03 AM
Good morning, everyone!

I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7. After entering my profile name, it went straight to the game. No tutorial, instructions, nothing. I LOVE a game with challenge, but this was sooo different from the first in this series that I was completely lost. I exited the game, started again with a NEW profile, and the game froze at the beginning of the match 3 mini game. I had to C-A-D to exit. Very disappointing. Also, when I could "spell the words" by inserting letters, even though I was 100% correct, the game kept indicating I was wrong and ultimately entered the correct word - mine (which was "napkin").

I hesitate to notify BFG because their last response stated quite emphatically that the issues were NOT the games, but my computer.

Any ideas????

Thanks so much for any ideas, input or assistance.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Dec 3, 14 3:33 AM
@mrm2006

It's probably not your computer, I had some issues with the game as well (Windows 8.1) the first match 3 mini game wouldn't work - it was just blank. I pressed skip and it gave me the word. The next one was doing something but I couldn't figure out what. I also noted a misspelling of the word perfume - they had it as perfum.
The hints were useless - just sparkles in a general area covering two thirds of the board. I did get the overall impression this game still needed a lot of work. However, I simply gave up on the game and deleted it. I would urge people to try before buying this game!

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

GAME WILL NOT PLAY

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Dec 3, 14 4:08 AM
Hi the game just flashes when you load it came out and deleted it windows 8.1 64 bit.
not great if you get migraines

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Dec 3, 14 4:54 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Dec 3, 14 6:16 AM
Janette5 wrote:@mrm2006

It's probably not your computer, I had some issues with the game as well (Windows 8.1) the first match 3 mini game wouldn't work - it was just blank. I pressed skip and it gave me the word. The next one was doing something but I couldn't figure out what. I also noted a misspelling of the word perfume - they had it as perfum.
The hints were useless - just sparkles in a general area covering two thirds of the board. I did get the overall impression this game still needed a lot of work. However, I simply gave up on the game and deleted it. I would urge people to try before buying this game!

Thanks so much, Janette5, Sooo glad, sort of, that it wasn't just me but a definite game issue. And you are so right about those darn "hint sparkles"! How useless! It really is such a shame because the first one was so enjoyable.

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Dec 3, 14 9:30 AM
Slightly concerned about this one as after downloading and playing it for a little while my computer crashed and when rebooted ran very very slow. A subsequent full scan revealed a Trojan Downloader.

Not saying it was definitely this game that caused the problem, but I am very careful about what I download and this was the first thing I had put on my PC in the last couple of days.

pavlovscat
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,478 Posts

[Post New]by pavlovscat on Dec 3, 14 9:32 PM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
I was able to enter a profile name and start to map, but when I try to play the first level, I get a black screen with sound only. Restarted again and same thing.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Dec 4, 14 1:11 AM
Windows 7 pro - no problem loading and playing. Got to level 5 and it tells you to play a mini game but the two mini games do not play. the first was blank and the second would not open. No buy unless these glitches are fixed. Otherwise a different game type and could be interesting to play.

antiquer
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,386 Posts

[Post New]by antiquer on Dec 4, 14 1:46 AM
Finished level 2 and the game just stayed there, sparkling. No way to advance. deleted.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Dec 4, 14 7:28 AM
Windows 8.1

Unlocked bonus level you get when earning 50 stars. It won't let me play it - I can't even click it. It showed it unlock when I reached the required stars and it's a patterned tile now, not a number, so I know it's open, but it is a non-entity on the board as far as my mouse is concerned.

Disappointing!

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Dec 4, 14 7:30 AM
pavlovscat wrote:Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
I was able to enter a profile name and start to map, but when I try to play the first level, I get a black screen with sound only. Restarted again and same thing.

This happened to me when I first tried the game. Same exact thing except, when I shut the game, reloaded BFG's game manager and then tried the game again, it worked just fine. I'm using Windows 8.1, however, and I find this is often a problem with BFG games since I got this operating system.

GAME WILL NOT PLAY

[Post New]by tthomas1431 on Dec 4, 14 1:48 PM
frazerpaul wrote:Hi the game just flashes when you load it came out and deleted it windows 8.1 64 bit.
not great if you get migraines

I have the same configuration and the exact same problem. Game is useless to me, sadly.

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Dec 5, 14 5:53 AM
Windows XP, I got frustrated at first scene. I knew the answer and would click on the object and it wouldn't let me choose it until all the letters were there. No tutorial so I wasn't sure if that was the correct gameplay. I absolutely loved the first one but this one is so different.

beaner53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by beaner53 on Dec 5, 14 7:31 AM
I also can not open the secret level at the 50 . I am on level 31 and am trying to answer the question about the zodiac sign and it tells me I am entering it wrong. All of the letters are there but the first one but it tells me it is not scorpio!!!!

gemfreak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gemfreak on Dec 6, 14 5:11 AM
I have "finished" the game. Can't unlock the bonus game after level 50 and the answer "scorpio" to a set of clues is deemed wrong until all the letters are put in save one (by using the flying moth or whatever it is). The answer IS scorpio.

[Post New]by longbrak on Dec 7, 14 9:36 AM
Be sure your caps lock isn't on when you are typing in letters. I couldn't get BEETLE until I noticed that.

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Dec 10, 14 10:08 AM
pavlovscat wrote:Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

This is a video card issue. It means your card is not compatible.

raykeith1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by raykeith1 on Dec 16, 14 5:19 PM
I have purchased this game and have tried level 1 several times. Each time, the screen will freeze at various parts of the game. No way to exit out. I have to shut down my computer and reboot. I'm running 8.1. Any thoughts? I'm beginning to think I have wasted $6.99...

[Post New]by txyankee64 on Dec 17, 14 12:20 PM
SilverBranch wrote:Windows 8.1

Unlocked bonus level you get when earning 50 stars. It won't let me play it - I can't even click it. It showed it unlock when I reached the required stars and it's a patterned tile now, not a number, so I know it's open, but it is a non-entity on the board as far as my mouse is concerned.

Disappointing!

Same problem here. I even created another profile and the same thing happens.

Go to: