cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 12 7:12 AM
Vultraz, don't let other people dictate what you should like and not like. I agree with Mouldmom, that smacks of bullying-which should never be tolerated! It would be a very boring world if everyone liked the same things. I'm in my early 50's and love the MCF games. My daughter is 25 and loves them too. She'd play more of them if her PC would support the newer ones. I don't care for the games where the object is to kill someone. I don't find that the least bit entertaining. So, tell your so-called friends that you will like what you want and they don't have the right to tell you what to do. Motherly lecture now over.

And now back to speculating.....As I was trying to fall asleep last night I was thinking about the old mines, convicts, earthquake theories and it reminded me of Tolkien. The dwarves in the mines of Moria (sp?) dug too deep and woke an ancient evil. Wonder if that could have happened? Maybe a long buried alien craft even?

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 10, 12 7:13 AM
cadfael wrote:Vultraz, don't let other people dictate what you should like and not like. I agree with Mouldmom, that smacks of bullying-which should never be tolerated! It would be a very boring world if everyone liked the same things. I'm in my early 50's and love the MCF games. My daughter is 25 and loves them too. She'd play more of them if her PC would support the newer ones. I don't care for the games where the object is to kill someone. I don't find that the least bit entertaining. So, tell your so-called friends that you will like what you want and they don't have the right to tell you what to do. Motherly lecture now over.

And now back to speculating.....As I was trying to fall asleep last night I was thinking about the old mines, convicts, earthquake theories and it reminded me of Tolkien. The dwarves in the mines of Moria (sp?) dug too deep and woke an ancient evil. Wonder if that could have happened? Maybe a long buried alien craft even?

Wow! I never thought about that and I happen to love Tolkien.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 12 7:35 AM
MJ_Mystery wrote:
cadfael wrote:

Funny the things we think about while trying to sleep this time of year, isn't it??? LOL! Probably came to mind because we just got tickets for opening night of The Hobbit. It would be interesting if an ancient evil (or alien) was woken up and caused the destruction of the town. Or, the shaking (earthquake) stirred up something best left alone.

Nix, I read your theories (I always do). Just don't have a comment right now. Usually by the time I get home from work and get caught up, others have covered it better than I could.

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 10, 12 7:37 AM
dogmama wrote:Rockingmum~ PM'd you the recipe . Hope you like them!

Detectives are we positive we've totally solved Hondo's clue from yesterday?

Hondo wrote:" I've been trying to get a hold of Picman all day, but he hasn't been responding to email. His assistant mentioned something about him still not feeling well, and asked me if the words hand, spear, martini, and milk meant anything??

Anyway, that movie poster sure turned out well, didn't it? On that note, I’m really looking forward to the new Bond flick that just came out. In fact, I've got plans with the Mrs. to go see it after work tonight. Woohoo!!

I'll poke my head in throughout the weekend, but I think you've got enough new material to keep you busy for a while. <bolding mine>

Surely, shake (earthquake) is not all that he meant? Didn't take long at all to solve it. So it didn't keep us busy for a while....

I agree that there is more to this clue. I'm stuck on the spear. Shake plus spear = shakespear/Shakespeare. William Shakespeare. This can lead down some interesting roads.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 12 7:39 AM
Have fun speculating today! Got to get some things done outside while the weather is nice and DD is going to help me organize some papers that have been piling up in my classroom.

Hondo, if you and the Mrs. really did see Skyfall (not sure I trust everything you say ) hope you enjoyed it!

Picman, if you really are sick, get well soon!

Hope all the fishies that are under the weather are feeling better today!

Off to enjoy some unseasonably warm weather.

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 10, 12 7:40 AM
Hi Nix, I have been reading your theories but it is so hard to reply to everyone. I think that your theories are very good and probable.

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 10, 12 7:49 AM
Hello all. Weisvonnix I asked the same thing about use the map and protect your digits a few pages back. Hondos last clue wasnt that difficult unless I'm missing something in his post.

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 10, 12 7:51 AM
I think we ARE missing something... because that seemed really easy. I got it within seconds and many others did too. Could Skyfall be part of it? (Loved it BTW!)

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 10, 12 7:53 AM
O.K. everyone, here is today's countdown song.

Twelve days left to wait
Until the release date
For Shadow Lake
I love the puzzle cube we had to make
Twelve days left to wait.

Twelve days left to go
As we follow the clues' flow
I brought plenty of blankets that I sew
As our MCF bus continues on the road
With twelve days left to go

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 10, 12 8:04 AM
cadfael wrote:
MJ_Mystery wrote:
cadfael wrote:

Funny the things we think about while trying to sleep this time of year, isn't it??? LOL! Probably came to mind because we just got tickets for opening night of The Hobbit. It would be interesting if an ancient evil (or alien) was woken up and caused the destruction of the town. Or, the shaking (earthquake) stirred up something best left alone.

Nix, I read your theories (I always do). Just don't have a comment right now. Usually by the time I get home from work and get caught up, others have covered it better than I could.

They've awoken C'thulu!!!!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 10, 12 8:06 AM
Mornin' all! Welp - I've now caught the bug that's been going around the lake very odd - we're dropping like flies!!

Vultraz - though a lot's been said - can't say too much! Don't let folks ever make you feel bad about what you like! I play console games and PC games (and board games, and, and... lol) each platform has its own appeal! Folks will have a "favorite" - in other forums PS3, XBox & PC gamers war over which platform is better for the same darn game! Folks just like to "argure" about what's best! Best dressed, best movie, best book...and look out when it's best sports team !!! What's truly "best" is what YOU enjoy!!!

again on Moria (yes, cadfael you spelled it right) - if they gave PhDs for Tolkien...I'd have one & *I* didn't make that connection! Tie that with "Tak" (btw - that's from Stephen King's Desperation ) & we see that "Freed buried evil" is a common enough literary theme - and a good one!!

Today I'm liking theories like dogmama's - buried evil freed by shaking! We do also seem to have a mix of decades in the poster & other art. Ghost hunting TV shows - very modern...but there is a very 40s or 50s look to other players.

I also agree - we haven't yet followed the path allll of yesterday's clues are leading us down! It's hard when we get so many clues at once (but it's GREAT!) it's like letting a pack of foxes loose before the hounds LOL - we don't know which scent trail to follow!!!

Things particularly nagging me: "The beginning or the end?", the differences in the two Ravenhearst pics and "Shake" - yep...easy enough initial answer, but it must lead to more!

Now...where'd I put that Robatussin???

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 10, 12 8:06 AM
bri_rose1978 wrote:
cadfael wrote:
MJ_Mystery wrote:
cadfael wrote:

LOL!!!

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Nov 10, 12 8:10 AM
Vultraz wrote:Now I feel bad, my friend's saying that bc adults play MCF it's not as cool as Battlefield 3 or something. Tho to be honest, the pic for that kinda does look better than the Shadow Lake one... Not that much, tho...but still...

Now I'm feeling bad for liking MCF.

Are you kidding me? I would not call them real friends. I think it's cool that you have a mind of your own and do not follow what everyone else likes like a lemming. It makes you a rebel and hey we all know the rebels are way cooler than everyone else. Besides it takes more brains to figure this stuff out than blow people away. And your in a spec threat with brains way above normal capacity and that takes guts. When you are older the ones (like you) with the brains and guts will be rockin tight cribs and wheels , while all the others are flipping burgers and riding to work on their bicycles from mom's house.

BTW I have an xbox and wii and I still prefer MCF

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 8:12:40 AM PST

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 10, 12 8:14 AM
bri_rose1978 wrote:
cadfael wrote:
MJ_Mystery wrote:
cadfael wrote:

Funny you mention that,
The man who play Charles N. Dalimar is named Dennis Kleinsmith
He played the main(ish) villian in 'call of cthulu' a movie from 2007 based on the lovecraft story of the same name

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Nov 10, 12 8:24 AM
Eoarod wrote:Mornin' all! Welp - I've now caught the bug that's been going around the lake very odd - we're dropping like flies!!

Vultraz - though a lot's been said - can't say too much! Don't let folks ever make you feel bad about what you like! I play console games and PC games (and board games, and, and... lol) each platform has its own appeal! Folks will have a "favorite" - in other forums PS3, XBox & PC gamers war over which platform is better for the same darn game! Folks just like to "argure" about what's best! Best dressed, best movie, best book...and look out when it's best sports team !!! What's truly "best" is what YOU enjoy!!!

again on Moria (yes, cadfael you spelled it right) - if they gave PhDs for Tolkien...I'd have one & *I* didn't make that connection! Tie that with "Tak" (btw - that's from Stephen King's Desperation ) & we see that "Freed buried evil" is a common enough literary theme - and a good one!!

Today I'm liking theories like dogmama's - buried evil freed by shaking! We do also seem to have a mix of decades in the poster & other art. Ghost hunting TV shows - very modern...but there is a very 40s or 50s look to other players.

I also agree - we haven't yet followed the path allll of yesterday's clues are leading us down! It's hard when we get so many clues at once (but it's GREAT!) it's like letting a pack of foxes loose before the hounds LOL - we don't know which scent trail to follow!!!

Things particularly nagging me: "The beginning or the end?", the differences in the two Ravenhearst pics and "Shake" - yep...easy enough initial answer, but it must lead to more!

Now...where'd I put that Robatussin???

Robitussion w a dram of vodka & some ice is really nice!

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 10, 12 8:30 AM
Eoarod! Oh no! You can't be sick now!

MJ, love the latest song!

Popping back in because I broke the mower Front wheel on the mower deck disintegrated. At least I got the front yard mowed.

SabreQueen, if that mixture doesn't get rid of the bug I don't know what will!

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 10, 12 8:48 AM
Oh no, Eoarod, get well soon!!!

And now, I'm off to bed. Happy sleuthing fishies, and goodnight!!

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 10, 12 8:58 AM
Fate has been cruel and order unkind
How can She have sent you away?
The blame is my own; the punishment, yours
Humanity shall die today

But into the darkness ill bring you a song
And then will you come back to me?
For your tired eyes, and my lullabies
Shall carry you softly to sleep

Once was a man who beamed like the sun
Looked out at blackpool and sighed
He smiled and said "surely there is nobody
So evil and powerful as I"

So great was their pain so lasting and gory
That long was the shadow he cast
That fell dark apon young Charles he loved
And grew only darker as days and nights passed

Lullay dark locksmith, goodbye child mine
And rest now in reapers embrace
Bear up my lullaby, winds of the earth
Through cloud, and through sky, and through space

Carry the peace and my evils of night
And carry my sorrow in kind
Charles, you're loved so much more than you know
Forgive us for being so blind

Soon did that man did notice that others
Did not give his child his dues,
And neither had he loved him as he deserved
He watched as his son's insanity grew

But such is the way of hells light, it sweetly
Takes hold of the mind of its host
And that foolish man did nothing to stop
The corruption of one who had needed him most

Lullay dark locksmith, goodbye child mine
And rest now in reapers embrace
Bear up my lullaby, winds of the earth
Through cloud, and through sky, and through space

Carry the peace and my evils of night
And carry my sorrow in kind
Charles, you're loved so much more than you know
Forgive us for being so blind

The detective now before me
Fearless and well known
I never imagined
I'd face her on my own

May my remaining years
Swiftly pass I pray
I /love/ you I /miss/ you
Every single day

May all your dreams be sweet tonight
Safe upon your bed of heavens light
And know not of sadness, pain, or care
And when I dream, I'll fly away and meet you there

Sleep...

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 10, 12 9:11 AM
Fargosis -

Ohhhh 'Tussin & vodka - yep - that'll do it...mind am out of 'Tussin *sigh* off to the store.

For your fishie viewing pleasure: we have a Jane Doe mystery marathon on HMC (for US fish - sorry international fishies!!) if you want your fill of Lea Thompson today....or Ghostly Encounters on BIO - choices, choices!!

Net is still crabbeh today - been d/l TGT for 2 hours & is at 34% - this best be fixed by the time MCF comes out, or I'll be taking a drive down to the ISP place of business!!

I'm pretty sure the library would be cranky about letting me in at 12:01 am to d/l a game...

OK - back to lining up allll our clues and looking for SOME one thing that may tie them all together...each clue seems to fit one or two of our theories - but I can't find a line that seems to connect allll of them...I'm sure 'Tussin & vodka will help with that too!

hezekia
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hezekia on Nov 10, 12 9:12 AM
Fargosis! Chilling, stunning and amazing!

Go to: