bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 4, 14 6:08 AM
Morning Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: cannot place the soldier near the Tree

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Dec 4, 14 12:48 PM
Has anyone had any issues with placing the soldier on the desk near the tree in the second scene?

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: desk game doesn't work in Nutcracker mode

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Dec 4, 14 1:55 PM
In the game with the book on the desk by the tree in the second scene, the push buttons don't work in Nutcracker (hard) mode - you need to switch to an easier mode (i.e. Charlie mode) in order to push the buttons and open the book. Then you can place Charlie and continue...

bjko1
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE her

[Post New]by bjko1 on Dec 4, 14 3:21 PM
I am trying to select the wood from my inventory and I can't get there. I can't access my inventory. The lock is open but every time I try to get the wood I go to another scene. Looks like it would be a fun game but trouble already. For sure no buy at this price.

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE her

[Post New]by judithannegg on Dec 4, 14 3:30 PM
I posted before but got deleted.... You just need to select easier mode, then you can do game. Wood is for fireplace, not for this game. I played on custom mode with no hints and no skip and would not let me play game. Only after choosing easier setting, then I could. I agree with Kaitlinn.

Angiedis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Angiedis on Dec 4, 14 3:52 PM
I bought this game for my iPad. I can't get the magic from the tree in the front yard because I believe the screen has the tree all the way to the right and I can't scratch off the bark. Is there a fix for this problem?

[Post New]by jeannieroach on Dec 4, 14 4:04 PM
my problem 2 times on 2 computers is when I get to the troll in the bubble and put the pinecone in the slot for it them the page just twinkles, what do I do?

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE here!

[Post New]by abfab51 on Dec 4, 14 5:33 PM
bfgLianorm wrote:Morning Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by abfab51 on Dec 4, 14 5:35 PM
I can't get the tin by the Christmas tree, nor the star from the desk - neither are there

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE he

[Post New]by Giliraz on Dec 4, 14 8:18 PM
is it only me that the game is sooo slow?...

Edited on 12/04/2014 at 9:49:32 PM PST

[Post New]by Mbarretdaw on Dec 4, 14 9:19 PM
I, too, am unable to pick up the tin in front of the fireplace. I cannot progress any further.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE h

[Post New]by bluejen on Dec 5, 14 12:51 AM
Giliraz wrote:is it only me that the game is sooo slow?...

It not just you. I don't think the game is overly slow, they just strung it out WAY too long. Once Tiny Tim was saved would have been the best ending. Not dusting off tombstones. I do thoroughly enjoy it however, IF I ever get that darn fish put together!

[Post New]by naughtynymph_5 on Dec 5, 14 11:35 AM
My game is almost dragging. It is not just slow. It is almost like being in slow motion. It is obvious it is not working properly. Any suggestions from the technical staff?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 5, 14 12:50 PM
Not sure if this is a glitch or just my computer acting out.

After playing the game for a short time I went back to the tree to collect the 3rd star and the tree bark would not open up. The hint button kept telling me there was something to do there but when I clicked the hint button again it did not indicate anything to do. I reinstalled and that did not fix it but when I went in with a new profile that worked.

BlueLena
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by BlueLena on Dec 5, 14 6:08 PM
My game is almost dragging. It is not just slow. It is almost like being in slow motion. It is obvious it is not working properly. Any suggestions from the technical staff? "

I am having the same issues, super slow motion, got as far as feeding the dove in the tree and just gave up. Very frustrating as it does look like a lovely game.
Anyone with advice to help please?

[Post New]by Tera2u on Dec 5, 14 8:05 PM
After playing for about 15 minutes I am unable to select the inventory menu. When I try it puts me back to a previous scene.

Ealo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE

[Post New]by Ealo on Dec 5, 14 9:36 PM
Giliraz wrote:is it only me that the game is sooo slow?...
Mine is running very slow also. Is there a fix for this? I want to play this game but if it is still running slow , I will have to give it up and get a refund. I am a laptop intel core i5 6gb ddr3l memory 1000 gb hard drive intel hd graphics 4400 up to 1792 mb dynamic video memory. Never had a game run this slow before. Please fix this & thank you

Edited on 12/05/2014 at 9:45:05 PM PST

[Post New]by katucci on Dec 6, 14 3:46 AM
There are too many problems with this game. I am so disappointed and frustrated. I will wait for an update to fix these glitches. Can't remove the cobwebs in the toy store, inventory was unavailable until I backed out and came back in. So right now I am in a holding pattern because nothing works to remove the cobwebs. I am playing on a PC.
Waste of money.

Releanna
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE he

[Post New]by Releanna on Dec 6, 14 2:02 PM
when I try to do anything with the flag the game freezes and there is a message box that the game isn't functioning any more.

is there a solution for this problem?

thank you!

Edited on 12/06/2014 at 2:05:13 PM PST

BlueLena
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by BlueLena on Dec 6, 14 4:37 PM
Thanks for the tip Hespera, but sadly it didn't fix things for me. The game is still in super slow mode . I have tried everything, screen resolution is fine, un in stall , re install, everything I guess it's just a no play for me. Luckily I tried the demo before buying it.

Go to: