New update message...so where is it?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 4, 14 2:36 PM
Getting the "This version of MC is out of date, please install update"; however, the update is not available in the game manager...yes, I know how to look for it and install it manually, but the GM says there aren't any updates. Game won't play now, though, just closes out.

Edited on 12/04/2014 at 2:37:45 PM PST

Re:New update message...so where is it?

[Post New]by scrumpy1970 on Dec 4, 14 2:39 PM
Yes, very annoying, just getting to where I wanted to be and the game just crashed. Install update.... ok, where????
PS Hello to everyone from UK, are most players in USA?

[Post New]by FishyFlyTyer on Dec 4, 14 2:43 PM
Not a real update this time, Just MAINTENANCE......

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 4, 14 2:43 PM
It takes awhile for them to release it after the maintenance process. I would say give it a hour as it may not be ready for downloading.

Nannydsc
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nannydsc on Dec 4, 14 2:47 PM
Same here! It seems we have to wait... Here and now at 22:47h in Portugal.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 4, 14 2:48 PM
Well, I was in the process of sending gifts when the message interrupted my game...and apparently this is a mandatory update as the game will not run now. Sure hope it didn't mess up the gifting...but not going to hold my breath over it

eta: It did mess up the gifting on my laptop game. I had sent myself a Seal of Prayer, and it shows it was sent...but Zen didn't get it

Edited on 12/04/2014 at 4:42:36 PM PST

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Dec 4, 14 2:49 PM
They started doing a maintenance at 2 pm PST. I'm in CST time so they shouldn't be finished for about 2 hours, which puts me at around 6 pm. According to their post they will let us know when the game is back up and running.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 4, 14 2:50 PM
Hey there

I just wanted to pop in and help clarify why an update may not be showing up right away

The game is currently still in maintenance, but while an update is getting ready for release, some players may see a message letting them know they need to update. It can take a little bit of time for updates to reach everyone, so if it's not showing up in your Big Fish Games app right away, please check back when maintenance is officially done.

Once we're officially out of maintenance, we'll let you all know. In the meantime, thank you all for being so patient!

bfgVaiya

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 4, 14 2:51 PM
scrumpy1970 wrote:Yes, very annoying, just getting to where I wanted to be and the game just crashed. Install update.... ok, where????

I'm UK, scrumpy and welcome to the forum

I don't think the update is up and running yet and we didn't get any info on the time apart from on FB

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on Dec 4, 14 2:55 PM
scrumpy1970 wrote:Yes, very annoying, just getting to where I wanted to be and the game just crashed. Install update.... ok, where????

Hi scrumpy!
No, not all in USA, I'm on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
For those not familiar with Canada, it's the Island on the far left (Western) part of B.C.
Nice to see players in other parts of the world.
I see there is someone from Portugal, anyone else like to give their country?

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Dec 4, 14 3:00 PM
The last time they did this I lost 1000's coins and goodness knows how much inventory! Why on earth cannot they warn us this is going to happen and to save our game? I was in the middle of gifting so friends will miss out.

Hello scrumpy1970 I am in Cornwall UK

[Post New]by dane1st on Dec 4, 14 3:02 PM
I've noticed that I get the update message and then, maybe half hour or more later, the update appears in the game manager. I was ignoring the housework very successfully until then -sigh- although I think it's now too late to start hoovering...

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 4, 14 3:02 PM
Update is now showing up for me.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 4, 14 3:15 PM
cynththemoler wrote:The last time they did this I lost 1000's coins and goodness knows how much inventory! Why on earth cannot they warn us this is going to happen and to save our game? I was in the middle of gifting so friends will miss out.

Hello scrumpy1970 I am in Cornwall UK

They did say they would give us the time Cyn, so that's a little (lot) annoying.

Anyway updating now and it's taking ages!

[Post New]by sgtmaj on Dec 4, 14 3:16 PM
Im Peter from New Zealand and i think BF should finish any new updates before they are due to be released ,after all we buy the game and then keep paying for hard and soft currency in it.It's not cheap.Hello my friends and all players every where.

Edited on 12/04/2014 at 3:17:27 PM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 4, 14 3:18 PM
sgtmaj wrote:Im Peter from New Zealand and i think BF should finish any new updates before they are due to be released ,after all we buy the game and then keep paying for hard and soft currency in it.It's not cheap.Hello my friends and all players every where.

Welcome to the forum peter from New Zealand

I think it was finished but takes time to get it "live".

landylady1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by landylady1 on Dec 4, 14 3:19 PM
Hi scrumpy I'm UK too, Scotland to be exact lol! landylady1

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 4, 14 3:27 PM
Mine is here, Im downloading it now.

FionaN
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by FionaN on Dec 4, 14 3:32 PM
Hi All

I'm downloading now, it's taking it's time though. I started about 30mins ago and it is only at 15%. The file is only 362.7MB, so not that big an update.

I'm in the highland of Scotland at it's 23.32 hours.

Fiona

Edited on 12/04/2014 at 3:33:37 PM PST

Go to: