mplskate
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Ole Lukoje in the shop

[Post New]by mplskate on Dec 4, 14 10:48 PM
I'm trying to select the ingredients to make a potion, but I haven't received a list of ingredients or anything else from Ole. How do I get him to give me the list and other items? SG doesn't seem to offer any additional insights, so I'm wondering if I asked questions in the wrong order or something else odd is going on.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Ole Lukoje in the shop

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 5, 14 2:55 AM
Same thing happened to me; it was driving me nuts until I worked it out!

Don't click on Ole when speaking to him; click anywhere else in the scene except for at the bottom (where the cursor turns into a cross). If you click on him it doesn't work but I clicked on the top left of the scene and the conversations appeared. You get 3 or 4 items from him, including the list.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by katucci on Dec 5, 14 7:36 AM
Not getting the list of items. Tried several times. Even reinstalled the game.

Joyce2159
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Joyce2159 on Dec 5, 14 10:15 AM
Try clicking right on him as he is talking. That worked for me.

truman99
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by truman99 on Dec 5, 14 1:14 PM
I was having trouble also. After using the hints other fishies listed above, clicking on the upper left of screen until a "question" appears, it worked! However, I got stuck again...so I just clicked the "SKIP" button at top right of screen to skip the conversation, and he started to speak and gave me an item. (a crown, I believe.)

After that everything's been working great!! Hope this helps!

Sullivan1818
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Sullivan1818 on Dec 5, 14 11:16 PM
If there are any other solutions, I would appreciate hearing them. I have tried all that are listed here, the only thing I haven't done is uninstall-install again. It is getting really frustrating, I play for the relaxation, not the headaches thrown at me. In my experience, it is rare for me to have problems with Elephant Games and I really like this series, so if any help is out there I sure would appreciate it. I am not the greatest player and I know there are many fishies with better abilities than mine with a solution. Thanks, have a great night.

[Post New]by katucci on Dec 6, 14 3:03 AM
After you have chosen one of the two conversations, while he is talking, click on his face and a new dialogue will open up. That is when you can get the items in his hand. When you have chosen the new dialogue, click on his face again. There are 4- 5 dialogues to open up.

Sullivan1818
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Sullivan1818 on Dec 6, 14 11:11 PM
Thank you katucci for your response. I will give that a try the next time I open the game. I think I got frustrated enough to lay off for a day.

NOTE TO PLAYERS: Those of us who are not the greatest players would appreciate it you would PLEASE stop speaking for us. If you don't want all the help and all the hand holding, then don't look at the hints or use the SG, but ya all have b______ so much about it, the devs have started listening.

NOTE TO DEVS: As a player, I appreciate the help offered in the SG when I get stuck. The better players ARE NOT speaking for all of us and I would appreciate the SG going back to offering a little handholding for those of us who are less than great players. It gets very frustrating when you get to a point where you just can't solve the problem and you can not move past that point until you find the answer, go to the SG, oh, no help there either.

Edited on 12/06/2014 at 11:15:45 PM PST

[Post New]by gentlegranny on Dec 8, 14 7:54 AM
Sullivan 1818, I couldn't agree more. I can't find how to get the last item in the fountain hop. I'm really frustrated. I don't want to change my hint setting.

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Dec 9, 14 4:07 PM
I too am having trouble with the last item at the fountain. I "believe" I am suppose to put something on the frog's head, maybe the crown, but the game is not letting me do that. When I ask for a hint, sometimes it shows that option or it points somewhere else. I think this game has major problems. So what can I do? The SG doesn't help at all in this case. Help please.

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Dec 9, 14 7:28 PM
I had the same problem with the frog, couldn't find anything I could pick up for its cold head. I finally used the hint button and lo and behold, there is a teeny tiny knit cap to grab a little to the left of the frog. It's there but good luck finding it.

sunimae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sunimae on Dec 10, 14 2:27 AM
Re: tiny hat for frog (Spoiler alert?) Look on top of the mandolin on the left.

bradlew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bradlew on Dec 10, 14 4:14 AM
Seeing all the terrible problems that you all have in the shop, I need help too. So stuck, I have the empty jar which I can't get the stars into in the front of the house or at the water fall, they just float around. The one in the shop I can't get rid of the cobweb or get any reaction to the jar. When I go to make the potion, I can't get any answer from the gnome, he just waves his arm about. I have already bought this game and feel my money is wasted. Please help me

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Dec 10, 14 6:35 PM
To get the stars in the jar - put the jar on the screen. Than bring your mouse up over the star and 'guide' it into the jar. It will move away from the mouse - just make it move towards the jar. It will take 6-7 tries till it falls in. Do that with all 3 sets of stars

Then go back to the toymaker and put the jar on his left. He will tell you some riddles and you will make the potion.

Hope this helps.

I found the toymaker a very difficult scene to get past - I never thought to click on his hat while he was talking - how rude! And the SG was absolutely no help at all.

I am a bit disappointed in this game - no where near as good as Nutcracker.

TeachumWell
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by TeachumWell on Dec 13, 14 4:08 PM
Thank you sooo much for the "cold head" clue. This is the least helpful Guide I've ever used! Lotsa nice pics but no help on really difficult spots. I, too, tried the hint soldier on this scene, but his sword pointed to a spot diagonally near him which yielded nothing. So again, thank you fellow fishies. But for these frustrations this'd be a truly great game.

Go to: