ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

Talk to developers of Myths of Orion: Light from the North!

[Post New]by ivanbral on Dec 5, 14 1:38 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm a producer at Cateia Games - the developer behind Myths of Orion: Light from the North.

It has already become a tradition for us to chat with you on this forum. I would very much like to hear your comments & suggestions... The more we hear from you, the more improvements we can make for our next game.
We have been doing this for years now - every time we had a new release on Big Fish. And every time it was an opportunity for us to hear some great suggestions from you how to improve on our next game.

Keep your comments coming - I'll stay around the forum for a few days and try to catch up with everyone!

best,
Ivan
Cateia Games

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Talk to developers of Myths of Orion: Light from the North!

[Post New]by gamblebug on Dec 5, 14 4:29 AM
Thanks for being one of few developers to want to get our opinions.I like this game and the fact that you put in custom and its not a CE is great.I stopped playing long enough to stop in and say thanks.I like everything about this so far.One of the main things for me in a game does the story draw me in and this one does.And I like that it's like a fairy tale to me at least.So i'm off to buy and again thanks for caring and a good game.I do love your games.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Dec 5, 14 4:56 AM
thanks gamblebug!
we are very happy to hear you love our game!

Ivan

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 5, 14 6:24 AM
Hi Ivan,

After 10 minutes playing the demo, I bought the game. It's a very nice game.
You did a good job!

Thanks!

[Post New]by OregonPandora on Dec 5, 14 6:36 AM
Your games are great. I have them all.

PaulaSan
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by PaulaSan on Dec 5, 14 6:41 AM
Hi Ivan,

I'm enjoying this new game so far and am wondering if there will be any kind of walkthrough offered to help us gamers, if we have trouble moving forward?

Thanks so much for this opportunity to speak with you.
PaulaSan

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 5, 14 9:15 AM
I'm thrilled there are still developers making casual games like this anymore after seeing how pay-to-play games are taking over the market. I have an uneasy feeling we won't be getting to play new games much longer.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Dec 5, 14 9:20 AM
Interesting conversations.

AND, please don't make the pay for play' option the only way to go....

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Dec 5, 14 10:41 AM
Nice game. I Absolutely like the way you have handled one of my pet peeves to a lot of games. When you need to use an item in inventory to interact with game board, it stays in your hand till you have all the pieces necessary. I hate having to keep going back to pick up say an axe 3x to cut 3 trees on same scene. Good hint system. scrollable verbal interaction, no click penalty, clear HOG, easily followable varied tasks, and lockable inventory just to name a few. Thanks.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 5, 14 6:46 PM
Ivan,
Congratulations on a great game. The graphics and voice overs are some of the best out there.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Dec 5, 14 11:55 PM
Hi everyone!
thanks for all the great comments, it's really awarding for me and my team to see such good reactions on Myths of Orion!

twinsoniclab - we do different type of games, time management, adventure, puzzle adventure and HOPA... I'm hope you'll have a chance to enjoy some of our adventure games in future Still, I hope you find Myths of Orion to be a good one!

fluffyalso - thanks! An have paid special attention to such details to make your gameplay experience as sooth as possible. It's good to hear this was noticed

I'll stay around for couple of days so, let me hear more of your comments everyone.

Ivan
Cateia Games

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Dec 7, 14 3:11 AM
I'd just like to say how much I love playing your game, I love going to the different realities, amazing, I really hope you do loads more games for us to try, best wishes Janet

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Dec 7, 14 10:50 PM
good morning everyone!
thanks for the comments - it's so nice to hear so many of you enjoy our game!
and thanks for noticing all the little details - we paid extra attention to it, and it's awarding to hear our efforts were noticed
Personally, I think it's fun to have Game Info (statistics) in Journal. It's nothing vital to the gameplay, but it's fun to know how many items you have found during the game, how many times you have clicked etc.

Ivan
Cateia Games

tyyllls
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tyyllls on Dec 12, 14 8:43 AM
I absolutely love this game. I bought it before I finished the demo. I think the graphics are beautiful, so well drawn! This is my type of game, with fantasy and other magical creatures like Orcs, Goblins, etc. I love the characters you meet along the way, they each have their own unique personalities. Traveling to different realms to complete tasks is always a big plus for me. I love the HO scenes- again clear, beautiful graphics. You pick up items randomly also, so always be looking. I sure hope Cateia games comes out with more of these. Again, this game is really a joy to play and look at!! LOVE the graphics!! I've finished the game and am playing it again just to enjoy it again. Thanks!

Edited on 12/12/2014 at 8:47:50 AM PST

fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on Dec 19, 14 7:37 PM
I'm only half an hour into it, loved the opening and storyline. HOGs are pretty easy, always love collectible extras. With the map ( I hate to use hints) I don't think I'll look for walk through. Great game, I have all of yours. Keep up the good work1

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Dec 25, 14 2:46 PM
can't get past dark hop,wish I hadn't bought it now pity I was so enjoying the game

[Post New]by sleeplessinAZ on Dec 27, 14 10:50 PM
Love the game. I like having the different types of HOG's it makes it more fun. On the dark one (I like to play casual setting) it would have been nice if the light had stayed on a little longer. I also found the freezing and ruin game a bit fast for casual relaxing play and the final game was to fast and busy, they are fun but it would be nice if they were slower in the easy mode.

This is the first time I have played a Cateia Game but I will be checking out the others.

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Dec 28, 14 6:00 PM
the room at top of cliff by castle entrance is there any way to get past the impossible to see HOP beetles & black rose have been stuck there for days

[Post New]by Shanjer07 on Feb 19, 15 10:11 AM
I love these types of games! I'm disappointed that big fish doesn't offer Eternity Lost Light of Aurum. Is there a chance for this in the future?

Thanks for all of the great games

Go to: