pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of Orion: Light from the North here!

[Post New]by pita1234 on Dec 5, 14 4:47 AM
Another BF game that won't play properly (can't get past menu screen) - I think we're up to three so far this week; may be a new record. Sigh.

Edited on 12/05/2014 at 6:46:31 AM PST

Laley61
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Myths of Orion Tech Problems

[Post New]by Laley61 on Dec 5, 14 5:05 AM
I just purchased the game and it freezes up when I take the lid off the pot hole with the crow bar. I've tried re-starting the game and it continues to freeze. It was interesting while it lasted which wasn't long.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

Re:Myths of Orion Tech Problems

[Post New]by ivanbral on Dec 5, 14 5:37 AM
Hi pita1234,
may I ask what happens after the menu screen?

Hi Laley61,
do you refer to iron hatch in the second chapter (Orc kingdom)? Is there any message you see on the screen?

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of Orion: Light from the North here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 5, 14 6:46 AM
Good morning Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Dec 5, 14 7:26 AM
Ivanbral: It took over 5 min. just to get to the menu sceen. Little by little it would get lighter, then finally froze altogether - I never could even click on "play"

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Dec 5, 14 7:43 AM
Windows 8.1 on a PC and it runs great!

Just thought it might help for some to know what the game is playing on and how it plays.

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Dec 5, 14 11:28 AM
I'm running Windows Vista and even though the game was running very slowly during the hidden object scenes, I purchased it. I was doing fine until I got to the Orc Kingdom. Once I removed the sewer cover with the crowbar, the game froze up. I could still hear the sounds and my cursor still moved and I could click on things but nothing would happen. I had to press the windows key to shrink the game and pull up my task manager to exit out. The task manager said the game was not responding. There was no error message on the game screen or anything like that. I tried re-starting the game and I changed the settings to turn off full screen mode & disable the custom cursor but the same thing still happened when I removed the cover. I can't go any further in the game. It's a real disappointment because I was enjoying it up til then.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Dec 5, 14 12:59 PM
Hi all. . .and Ivan of Cateia Games!! I downloaded the 60-minute demo and, unfortunately, the game intermittently 'freezes' in intervals of ~10-12 seconds apart each time. When moving the cursor over something, the game freezes; after unfreezing, if I'm able to move the cursor to click on something, it freezes again. When the first hidden object set/window appeared (next to Aunties wall at the gate), it froze each time I would click on an item in the list. This is the FIRST time I've ever had freezing 'issues' with a game (been with Big Fish for 8 years or so now). Otherwise, it looks to be a nice little soft-release 'gem'. Sure hope to be able to eventually buy/play.

Oh. . .and I have a Toshiba satellite pc using Windows 8.1 (ick) with Intel Core i5 processor (if that helps). Happy gaming all!!

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Dec 5, 14 11:44 PM
thanks for letting us know about these issues... We are already investigating it.

[Post New]by tantevie on Dec 6, 14 10:56 AM
Hi Ivanbral,

Up to now the game worked fine for me, no freezing, but I got 2 orc's coins tried to put them on the chest, but only one worked, it is telling me that the other one is missing, but since I had them both, don't know what to do, can't go further. Thanks

[Post New]by Iinotusername on Dec 8, 14 8:44 AM
Hello. While I'm playing error alerts appear in C ++ Type: hfbase, cpp135 c \ ProgrammData\CateiaGames\Myths of Orion \ my name \ game.log.h could not open the log file appears to be in use; and others such as: C stacktrace in funtion "created" open Lua89 in funtion <aprLua17> words Pach running 51 scenes body_callback scenes Lua112 200M, up to the freezing of the game, if by chance I insist to continue anyway. I'm surprised how the other players are able to play. I also tried uninstalling C ++ ver. 32-bit and 64-bit C ++ and I left only the C ++ win7 installed with Microsoft and I reinstalled the game "BOUGHT" a couple of times. but programming errors in C ++ always appear, perhaps BGF should contact the developers to solve the problem. I'm sorry for the mistakes, but I used google automatic traduttutore. thanks

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Dec 9, 14 6:05 AM
I use Windows 8, grrrr.
I downloaded the game OK, played it, signed out and saved, then when I went back into it, I had to do it all over again, plus, when I do go back into the game again, it doesn't seem to save properly, I've done the bit where you use the boat, and now I'm back at the piece where you just enter the Smithy, does anyone know why it's not saving! If the developers read this, can you help please

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Dec 10, 14 12:10 AM
Hi j62janet,

this is the first time we hear the game is not saving the progress properly. It shouldn't make any difference that you are playing on Windows 8. When you exit the game, you should see the message window that says that the progress will be saved. Once you confirm you want to exit, the progress is saved. Also, game saves periodically in background while you are playing, so that's the backup thing.
Do you see the message that the progress will be saved once you are exiting the game?

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Dec 10, 14 8:39 AM
Yes it says that it's saving, but it doesn't seem to, and when I downloaded the game, I ran the Big Fish App as the administrator, and I'm the only one who play the game, so I don't get this at all, other than that, the game is great, it's just annoying when I have to re-do things again! Thanks for replying, I didn't expect to get a reply!

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by silver64 on Dec 10, 14 10:57 AM
Hi Fishy Friends,

We demoed this game when it was first released and enjoyed playing it so we bought it in today's sale. When we got to the point of using the crowbar on the sewer cover the game froze, we can hear the music and the cursor moves but it will not let us do anything.
We came to the tech forum to see if anyone else has the problem and now know its not just us.

I am running windows vista and just to note, we had the same problem playing the new MCF game which stalled twice......hmmmmmm

Silver & Co

Edited on 12/11/2014 at 4:16:19 AM PST

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by silver64 on Dec 11, 14 4:20 AM

Update
We started the game again with a new profile and the same thing happened at the same place. Its been reported to CS with a Dr Felix report so lets wait and see.

Silver

[Post New]by fluffy8ac on Dec 12, 14 6:22 PM
My game also freezes at the sewer cover. Task Manager doesn't say it isn't responding or anything, the music plays etc, but you can't close the window or pick anything up from inventory. It ran fine until then. Waiting on a solution.....Vista user

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by silver64 on Dec 13, 14 9:14 AM
Update

I was contacted by CS who sent a link to update my driver which I did and now the game played from the point it originally stalled - I did not fancy starting again for the 3rd time.

I was also given a game coupon. Can I suggest to those who have not already done so to send a Dr Felix to CS.

Silver

[Post New]by nursefree_spirit on Dec 15, 14 8:18 PM
Has anyone else had one of the gold balls just disappear. picked up all four and tried to put them in the statues hands and one is gone. The hint keeps telling me to give it to the statue but I no longer have it.

sue2610
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sue2610 on Dec 16, 14 2:19 AM
nursefree_spirit wrote:Has anyone else had one of the gold balls just disappear. picked up all four and tried to put them in the statues hands and one is gone. The hint keeps telling me to give it to the statue but I no longer have it.

Yes I had the same thing.. cant go any further, have you found out how toget around it yet?

Go to: