ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of Orion: Light from the North here!

[Post New]by ivanbral on Dec 5, 14 5:35 AM
Hi everyone!
Cateia Games would love to hear you impressions on Myths of Orion!

Edited on 12/05/2014 at 6:45:24 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of Orion: Light from the North here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 5, 14 6:45 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Myths of Orion: Light from the North here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Myths of Orion: Light from the North.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 5, 14 7:09 AM
Another great game from Cateia. Graphics are beautiful, nice and unobtrusive music, good voice acting, interesting story and the puzzles are perfect for me (might be a little too easy for some of you but I get frustrated with the harder ones.)

It's a shame this is a soft release and will be overlooked... I'm thinking of hitting today's game forum and letting everyone know to look for this.

Thanks ivanbral, you and your team did an outstanding job.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Dec 5, 14 7:48 AM
I am with snapnhiss, what a little gem this game is!

Beautiful graphics, the music is quite nice and so far the story has me interested.

I have only played most of the demo, and so far not toooo' HO heavy. As this is a biggie' for me and my game play!

Thanks Dev's, I think you have a winner

I hope that others do check it out, great SE that stands independent.

I finally finished this game....it still was a good stand alone SE, but does get a bit' heavier on HO's as it progresses. Not bad tho.

Edited on 12/22/2014 at 5:35:41 AM PST

lexi91495
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lexi91495 on Dec 5, 14 11:05 AM

Edited on 12/18/2014 at 4:00:44 PM PST

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Dec 5, 14 11:35 AM

Edited on 12/18/2014 at 4:00:31 PM PST

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 5, 14 6:43 PM
I just finished the demo and feel that this is a really good game. The storyline is not completely original, but the scenes and characters are not sugary pink and blue. Graphics are very good, and the voice overs are some of the best that I have heard.

This is a definite buy, and I hope that this being a soft release doesn't keep others from discovering this gem.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Dec 5, 14 11:39 PM
Hi everyone,

I cannot tell you how happy we are to hear such a great comments on Myths of Orion!
We really wanted this game to be as good as possible and reading your wonderful comments and reviews make us proud of the game!
thank you so much!

Ivan
Cateia Games

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Dec 6, 14 1:45 AM
Elves, orcs, magick, evil wizards, etc. are not my thing, but having played almost all of the demo, I judge this to be a well thought out, well constructed game.

There are four levels of difficulty, and I played on the easiest. The jump map shows active locations depending on which level you choose. There are collectibles to find and other achievements to be had if you solve the puzzles.

Puzzles are the usual fare and seem to be on the easy side. The HOS were also very easy. I had no trouble finding any of the objects. There were more puzzles than HOS, but playing on the easiest level, the skip time was acceptable, although I continue to resent being punished for skipping puzzles by having to wait. It makes no sense to me.

Voiceovers were okay, and the music was mellow, soothing, and boring -- lots of strings -- but not always appropriate when danger was afoot, although so far as I got in the game, not much danger was afoot! Ha!

One thing I really appreciated was that hints are the directional type instead of the dreaded "nothing to do here, look elsewhere." They also sometimes show an outline of the tool to be used and where to use it.

This would probably be a good game for fishies just diving into the HOPA pond.

It won't be a buy for me. It's just not my cuppa. But at least there are no cute helper animals, talking piggy banks, or fantastical gadgets and gizmos. At least not so far.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Dec 6, 14 12:42 PM
ivanbral wrote:Hi everyone,

I cannot tell you how happy we are to hear such a great comments on Myths of Orion!
We really wanted this game to be as good as possible and reading your wonderful comments and reviews make us proud of the game!
thank you so much!

Ivan
Cateia Games

Thanks, guys, for a lovely game to play - I am quite enjoying it and will be sorry when I'm finished. Graphics, voice overs and music are exceptional, as is everything else about it. Very enjoyable game

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on Dec 14, 14 4:32 PM
I am about a third of the way through...
I like it, but I really dislike the main woman's voice ;she sounds a bit stupid and rather disinterested in what she is saying.
(you can really tell that she is reading from her script, rather than being involved )...

Plus it would be nice not to have her repeating the same lines if you inadvertently click on something more than once(like the famous Selena's grave, for example)

...a shame as the story is quite strong and interesting and I remember their other games as being top notch! .

Edited on 12/14/2014 at 4:32:55 PM PST

[Post New]by halliecat99 on Dec 15, 14 10:10 AM
The game has some very qood qualities. It was a very long game - longer than some CEs (or so it seemed). The art was well done. The music was pretty standard - annoying after a while, but normally I turn the music way, way down while I play.

I feel like I would have enjoyed it more if not for a few things. First, I find it incredibly annoying when I go through a whole list of objects in the HOPs, only to have the game say "you found a useful item" - and it wasn't one of the items on the list! This happened several times in the last section of the game. Second, playing this particular game on my laptop without a wireless mouse was extremely difficult. I had to skip the first and last boss battles because I couldn't keep up with all the clicking. And nearly every new computer comes with a touchscreen now. This game did not work well AT ALL with the touchscreen during the mini-games (when it would have been the best time to use it). I would touch an object to move it one way, and it would go in the completely opposite direction. Or I would touch one item, and an item three or four places away would light up. Other new games from BFG work well with touchscreens, and I kind of expect it now. I don't want to have to haul extra peripherals around just to play a game.

Overall, I give the game a solid B for story and gameplay, and a C for technical issues.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Dec 17, 14 4:10 PM
A wonderful game, Cateia and Ivan! I knew from the first few minutes, I would buy! I loved the graphics. The more games I play, the more I appreciate music for the flow of the whole game and simply emersing myself into it. I also loved the voices and storyline. To have collectables and achievements just made me smile! I can go on, but you get the gest of my thoughts.

I am really looking forward to your next game.....maybe a sequel!!!!

Thank you, again!

LynFrank
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by LynFrank on Dec 30, 14 6:02 AM
ivanbral wrote:Hi everyone!

Hi I found the game full of interesting scenes and colours were great also. As I do not usually post comments about these games, I will be brief - solving the puzzles was tedious with some of them taking so long, I skipped, and because of these old feeble fingers, I also skipped the fast ones. Normally I don't have a problem solving most puzzles, but found these ones a bit difficult and/or tedious. But nevertheless, the game overall was terrific. THANK YOU four stars from me.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 3, 15 10:58 PM
LynFrank wrote:
ivanbral wrote:Hi everyone!

Hi I found the game full of interesting scenes and colours were great also. As I do not usually post comments about these games, I will be brief - solving the puzzles was tedious with some of them taking so long, I skipped, and because of these old feeble fingers, I also skipped the fast ones. Normally I don't have a problem solving most puzzles, but found these ones a bit difficult and/or tedious. But nevertheless, the game overall was terrific. THANK YOU four stars from me.

This was a beautiful game for me until I had to skip a mini due to lack of instructions and not knowing what was to be expected!!! The ones where we do the battles by clicking and the number grid Grrrrrrrr

Storyline, graphics, music and most of the voice-overs were great and this game shows that a lot of time and thought went into it, BUT it is not likely that everyone knows everything about what to do in the mini's and I'm one of them and am frustrated and somewhat angry at myself that I gave up on a few of them

I would happily give this game 5 out of 5 but since the frustration of the mini's lack of instructions I'm giving it out of 5

Played on PC Win 7/64bit with no major problems, just a few lags but not bad

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Jan 7, 15 6:54 PM
MarnieRose wrote:<a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page>[Removed by Moderator]</a>

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Jan 7, 15 6:57 PM
fantastic game spoiled by dark muddy HOGs

Go to: