catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory CE here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 6, 14 1:15 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! It might help to include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 12/06/2014 at 6:20:43 AM PST

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory here!

[Post New]by Althena533 on Dec 6, 14 5:43 AM
I'm trashing this game from my HD because everytime I finish an HO scene it completely shuts down my computer. Why?! God only knows!

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory here!

[Post New]by Althena533 on Dec 6, 14 5:44 AM
I'm trashing this game from my hard drive because everythime I finish a hidden object scene it shuts down my computer.

hopieq
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by hopieq on Dec 6, 14 5:46 AM
I clicked on the strategy guide and it locked up my computer. Had to alt+delete to exit.
Game worked fine until then.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Dec 6, 14 6:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory CE here!

[Post New]by Faylyn on Dec 6, 14 6:52 AM
BFG please let us know who the developers are on the games. This is the second game from this developer that has caused me nothing but problems with my computer. If I had known it was this developer I would not have installed the demo. It took me 30 minutes to get my computer back to working order after being in the first puzzle. Screen went black, background could hear bell chime and dog barking. CtlAltDel didn't work, nothing worked to get out of it. I had to completely shut down my computer and only then could I uninstall the game.

Developers should be named in BFG game description.

Thank you.

violetsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory CE here!

[Post New]by violetsue on Dec 6, 14 8:03 AM
Help! I have been playing for some time now. I have all 3 of Anna's possessions and I am facing the Bathory House the hint is telling me to go down, (bottom of screen) however, it will not go there. I have tried the map, but I am assuming because it is an uncharted area it will not allow me to go down/page down. I tried changing screen size, also nothing. Can someone help, please? Thanks

[Post New]by nashira on Dec 6, 14 8:44 AM
Having the same issue as violetsue. Can't go down to start the crypt chapter. Please advise. Thanks!

trolde
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by trolde on Dec 6, 14 9:23 AM
I'm in the 5 chapter (crypt) and it say i should take the moon cocoon, in the left corne r by the statue in wall, but there is no cocoon!!!!!!! Have anybody play the came to there, i just wonder if i have to use the cocoon some place else, because i dont have it. Please anybody help me.
A nice saturday to all BGF gammies

nyg52
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by nyg52 on Dec 6, 14 10:38 AM
Hello!

Among my things disappeared one thing, where it is now just an empty box . I need to scrape something off the wall. But it disappeared , leaving only an empty box ? What is wrong ?

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by troischats on Dec 6, 14 11:25 AM
First off, when I first started up the game I got a message to say my "save profile was corrupted, please create a new profile". As I was playing the game for the first time I didn't mind - I just hope it doesn't happen when/if I buy the game and hope to start up again where I left off!

The second weird thing was that, when I finished the demo, it took me straight to the BFG beta survey page - you know the one, where you have to say what you thought of a beta. Why did this crop up when the game has now been released?

I also noticed that a couple of my inventory items were a little "glitchy" - when I went to use the screwdriver on the painting, instead of seeing a screwdriver I just saw a black box.

I do want to buy this game, but I'm feeling a bit nervous about it with these kind of glitches. What makes it worse is that the game was held back for so long because they were apparently already addressing other issues that had cropped up!

twin222
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory CE her

[Post New]by twin222 on Dec 6, 14 11:28 AM
Also having the same issue as violetsue. Can't go down to start the crypt chapter. Please advise. No fix - no buy - it is a pity as it seems to be a great game!

EDIT: seemed to be a glitch. looked into the guide. the hint showed me to go down where i could not go. the map did not show anything. but i went back and had to play a HOP to get powder and could proceed so far... try it!

Edited on 12/06/2014 at 11:41:00 AM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory CE here

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 6, 14 11:54 AM
violetsue wrote:Help! I have been playing for some time now. I have all 3 of Anna's possessions and I am facing the Bathory House the hint is telling me to go down, (bottom of screen) however, it will not go there. I have tried the map, but I am assuming because it is an uncharted area it will not allow me to go down/page down. I tried changing screen size, also nothing. Can someone help, please? Thanks

The hint is wrong. I got that too. Look at the Strategy Guide.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 6, 14 11:58 AM
Playing on a computer running Windows 7 Pro. I'm all the way to The Escape. I've shorn up the ceilng, gotten the monk out from under the shelves and I have all the pieces to make the hook. The hook shows up in my list of items with the blue plus sign, however, when I try to click on it to add the chain and pole, it opens to a screen with no hook. I'd had it once in the open screen and it disappeared after that.

Apparently, this game isn't well tested. I've also endured some of the others issues that others are complaining about and have had to work around them. But when your item doesn't show up like it should...there are programming issues here.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 6, 14 1:10 PM
Hi, Still playing on that Windows 7 Pro computer. Decided to start a new profile and try again. This time, early in the game, I had the lid for the jar in my inventory and was playing the kitchen HOS in Bathory's mansion. Went to get the lid to put on the blue jar and....hte lid was now missing from my inventory.

I wish I'd never purchased this game or could get a refund. Defintely not debugged.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory CE here

[Post New]by steve_san on Dec 6, 14 2:16 PM
troischats wrote:First off, when I first started up the game I got a message to say my "save profile was corrupted, please create a new profile". As I was playing the game for the first time I didn't mind - I just hope it doesn't happen when/if I buy the game and hope to start up again where I left off!

The second weird thing was that, when I finished the demo, it took me straight to the BFG beta survey page - you know the one, where you have to say what you thought of a beta. Why did this crop up when the game has now been released?

I also noticed that a couple of my inventory items were a little "glitchy" - when I went to use the screwdriver on the painting, instead of seeing a screwdriver I just saw a black box.

I do want to buy this game, but I'm feeling a bit nervous about it with these kind of glitches. What makes it worse is that the game was held back for so long because they were apparently already addressing other issues that had cropped up!

I had the exact same experience as troischats including the screwdriver. I did have a "sneak peek" of this game a while back so that may explain why the survey appeared.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Dec 6, 14 3:08 PM
Hello dear fishies, in the bonus chapter I can not go where the hint points. The SG says "go to the potion table". I clicked on the gipsy waggon near the hint button. But nothing works. Am I wrong or is it a glitch? In the meantime my mouse curser disapeared. This game makes me not happy

[Post New]by djinnandtonic on Dec 6, 14 3:19 PM
Had the exact same problems a troischats and steve_san word for word

ackpfft
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ackpfft on Dec 6, 14 3:48 PM
There is supposed to be a moth cocoon by the water fountain face, but there is not, and after I got the bucket of water, it wouldn't let me go back to the fountain. Now I'm completely at a stand still. Anybody have an explanation?

[Post New]by jennycho on Dec 6, 14 4:49 PM
trolde wrote:I'm in the 5 chapter (crypt) and it say i should take the moon cocoon, in the left corne r by the statue in wall, but there is no cocoon!!!!!!! Have anybody play the came to there, i just wonder if i have to use the cocoon some place else, because i dont have it. Please anybody help me.

A nice saturday to all BGF gammies

I'm having the same problem .Where the moon cocoon is supposed to be is nothing.

Go to: