Issue with Bonus chapter mirror puzzle

[Post New]by schminga455 on Dec 6, 14 12:00 PM
I thought I had solved the mirror puzzle in the bonus chapter, but the game did not move forward. I checked the Strategy Guide and what was there was a tiny bit different than my solution, but I tried what was there, and it still won't recognize it as solved ... cannot move forward in the game. Problem *seems* to be with the red mirror.

Assistance?

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Issue with Bonus chapter mirror puzzle

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Dec 18, 14 3:51 PM
I'm having the same problem. I have the same set-up as the strategy guide but the blue and red receptors don't light up.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Dec 21, 14 11:11 AM
There are two things you need to have happen for this mini-game to solve. I thought it a bit strange myself as I am used to these mirror/beam puzzles and this one was a bit different.

1. The directional piece (N,S.E.W type arrow thing) that's up on the top bar with the mirrors needs to be placed on the square where the red and blue beams intersect. I suppose that is some kind of beam channeling mechanism because the beams cross.

2. Both ends of each beam receptor must be glowing for the game to be complete. If all your beams are connected and step 1 above is complete, try turning the beam receptors themselves (don't touch the mirrors if you have them in the right places). If you click (or hover - sorry can't remember exactly) on one of the beam receptors blue arrows will appear on either side that you can use to spin these receptors clockwise/counterclockwise. Turn them until they glow and then move on to the next one, etc. until all are glowing and you will solve it!

Hope this helps! Good luck!

[Post New]by slikmar on May 4, 15 1:10 PM
Playing now and having the same problem. If I turn either the red or blue light beams off the map, then the other lights up (blue off map, red lights up beacons or vice versa). As soon as I turn it back to map, the 2 go out.

Go to: