hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

General Instructions for Most Common Problems Etc. (CE)

[Post New]by hraili on Dec 6, 14 5:12 PM
Since there are same kinds of problems in different levels, I have made a summary of the most common ones. It’s easier to refer to one thread, than for each level separately.
I have also made pictures of Bonuses and Symbols. To see them, send me a PM and I'll give you the URL to my folder

There are 3 Bonuses in this game:
1. Line Bonus = a token is in a bubble and small arrows show the direction of its effect when you make a match with it. You get them when you match 4.
2. Lightning = a circle (or a triangle) with sparkles indicating electricity. You get it when you match 5 in a row or column. So the fifth goes in the middle.
3. Bomb = when the piece is glowing. You create a bomb by matching 5 tiles in an L-shape (e.g. 2 up, 2 across, then you switch in the corner piece to explode the tiles - you'll be left with a bomb).

The Symbols:
Each level has symbols indicating what you have to achieve to complete the level.
When you see 2 symbols together with a +-mark, it means that you have to drag those on top of each other, therefore they have to be side by side and they do not need to be of same kind of figurines.

On the same bar, after the symbols, there is a coin showing your earnings. And at the end the Menu-button, which you can use when changing the relaxed options.

Examples:
In level 158 you have to create 7 bombs (and also explode them) and 1 double bomb (= create 2 bombs next to each other and then drag them on top of each other).
Rivakonneva clarified my explanation:
You literally have to DRAG bomb #1 onto bomb #2 to make a double. Dropping them on top of each other won't work.
The good news is that they don't have to be matching symbols or make a trio in any direction. That saved me on this level after umpteen tries.

In level 159 you have to create 5 times a bomb and a combination of line bonus and a lightning (once).

And in level 160 you have to create 1) a lightning and a line bonus next to each other, so you can drag them on top of each other. This is required only once. 2) The same with a line bonus and a bomb. This you have to do twice. 3) You have to drag two line bonuses on top of each other, three times.

In level 153 I noticed, that if that crystal in center falls down to the corner square, I also found it impossible to swap it with anything. So, I was very, very careful not to let it fall down to that corner, I kept it just above (between the token in the corner and the oil tank) and from that position it was possible to swap. Every time it fell to the corner, I had to restart the level. And I succeeded with my third try.
Also a very good solution for level 153:
The trick to the center crystal is to move it to the left or right while it is still on the top or second from top row. (this I found in tinliz48's post)

Obstacles:
1. Timed bombs (with a number which shows after how many moves it will explode)
2. Oil, you can get rid of it by making a match beside it.
3. Oil tanks produce oil on every move you make and you can't remove them
But you can turn all these obstacles and the timer off: Menu, Options, Relax Mode. You can do it also while you are playing.

And last, but not least:
FYI: There are 250 different scenarios. Levels 1-24 are some kind of tutorials and levels 25-250 (total of 226 levels) repeat themselves, endless I think. This I know, because I have been taking screenshots of each level and compared them with each other.
Although the scenarios repeat themselves, they become harder each time.

hraili

Edited on 01/26/2015 at 1:02:47 PM PST

Re:General Instructions for Most Common Problems!

[Post New]by KowboyKrazi on Dec 7, 14 1:40 PM
Thanks so much, definitely helpful. You get extra goodies in your stocking!!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 8, 14 2:06 AM
HRAILI...Thanks so much for the great detail on acquiring these achievements...in another thread here earlier if I had not followed your instructions I would have gone to my 'last nerve' and just gave up on playing forward...u are quite helpful.

I have all the Fishdom games which I have replayed many times.

One other item that I found just because I was curious is that if you have 'two' lighting tokens side by side you just switch them...BAM! ... the board will clear!

I was amazed! ...

Also the tokens with the arrows you can switch them when side by side, they do not have to match and it will clear all the token arrows on the board.

Lets...

ETA: darn typo's its early morning here at 2 a.m., need some sleep!

Edited on 12/08/2014 at 2:09:46 AM PST

MrsBruce32
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBruce32 on Dec 8, 14 6:37 AM
letsdoit wrote:

One other item that I found just because I was curious is that if you have 'two' lighting tokens side by side you just switch them...BAM! ... the board will clear!

I was amazed! ...

I tried it with a board that had oil. All of the squares that were covered in oil stayed. Having the board refreshed helped to clear the oil so the one remaining tile could be cleared. You are right it was amazing especially the way the spinning cleared most of the board. I will have to try it on a board that doesn't have oil.

I also agree, hraili your tips are truly appreciated!

Edited on 12/08/2014 at 6:41:57 AM PST

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 8, 14 8:26 AM
MrsBruce...OMGoodness! I have been literally 'crazed of mind' with the oil slicks meandering all over the board the first hour or so of playing that I turned off, which I am now on M3 level 545, so a long time of turned off features,,,but thanks for the idea of using those 'lighting triangle tokens' while oil is turned 'on'...I did not think of that...so now I will challenge my skill level (LOL) and turn on the oil so I can experience all the new features...Thanks for the tip!

Now need some 'tips' on quickly getting rid of those cute little perky 'timed bombs' that look like billiard balls...that's been on the 'off' for a while also...all is o.k. but with only the 'timed' mode 'on' the game play has been a wee bit 'bored' on my end...and that has never been a term I have used for any of Playrix's Fishdom games!

So off to challenge myself,..THANKS U'ALL!

Lets

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Dec 10, 14 4:12 AM
FYI: We were told, that this game has 250 Levels. Yes and No. There are 250 scenarios and the 24 first ones are some kind of tutorials and 226 (levels 25-250) repeat themselves - endless.

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Dec 11, 14 5:00 PM
I have now played 1100 levels with one profile and have taken screenshots of all, except 10, which I missed. So I have 1090 screenshots and if you send me a PM, I can share them with you, if you like.

jenak3769
Clownfish
Clownfish
958 Posts

[Post New]by jenak3769 on Dec 12, 14 4:32 PM
another stupid silly load oif crap by these idiot chidish game poducers , make the game enjoyable , fun entertaining, not create the task of of having to try to set up , an almost impossible sitiuation to advance , like all fishdoms and playaerx games , they need a life badly , they are stupid , , idiotic and well i dont buy them , same as nancy drew , with the stupid arcade almost impossible parts , games are so supposed to be entertaining not to the point where people just , say to hell with it a go control panel uninstall , thank you to all the people that crack the games and give them for free , on torrent sites,, , as for this site , well too many idiotic flash pop ups of idiot sales no one wants which makes the page load slowly if it loads especially when travelling on weal wi fi , so stuff it , , and stuff fishdom its the the most idiotic match 3 with a very tedious sound track ,

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Dec 13, 14 9:26 AM
I hope that eased your mind, jenak3769

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Dec 14, 14 10:43 AM
Hi hraili Good job!

I created a diagram for making bombs (thread: HOW TO MAKE A DOUBLE BOMB ).

If you would like, I can move the post to your thread and kill mine. No prob.

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Dec 14, 14 12:02 PM
Volauvent wrote:Hi hraili Good job!

I created a diagram for making bombs (thread: HOW TO MAKE A DOUBLE BOMB ).

If you would like, I can move the post to your thread and kill mine. No prob.

Hi Volauvent Your diagram is brilliant!

Since I didn't think of doing it your way, I made some pictures to a file, which I have shared with people, sending the the URL to that file in PM. (I'll send one for you, too)
In that file is also a spreadsheet, where you can see how the scenarios repeat themselves.

And yes, I think your post would be nice in my thread, but do not kill the original one!

hraili

[Post New]by ronnieaz on Dec 14, 14 1:44 PM
I play games for fun. Is this game or any other game worth all this trouble?
This game is not a game, it is a class in advanced collage.
I am through with school, so on to something other to play that can be enjoyed and not be so very frustrating. I am not being paid to play these games!

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Dec 15, 14 9:14 AM
I'll admit that I'm finding the requirements of making specific combinations of effects to be less fun than just smashing through a level. I thought I disliked the tar/oil but I figured out how to beat that.

But spending SO much time on each level to get a certain combination of effects and then getting so few points for it is getting tiresome.

Just my preference, I suppose. But up until now, this has been a quite enjoyable game. I find the things the fish say to be amusing, especially when they come up with something new every now and again.

Could we please do away with the picky combo of "up" bombs? I have yet to figure out how to do three at once.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Dec 16, 14 10:30 AM
These are bombs you create by manipulating the position of the figures, not the ones that are inserted into the game by the dev as a challenge. The "challenge" bombs can be turned off in options.

HOW TO MAKE A BOMB ( used as sample only)

... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . >

Move the third star on the left into the corner of the L. The L's can be left to right, right to left. Doesn't matter.

Here is another configuration:

... . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . .
... . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .
... . . .. . . . . . -><-

Simultaneously, you now have 3 matches down and 3 matches across. The figures will merge into one glowing figure called a bomb. If you place the bomb into a match 3, lots of surrounding tiles are exploded.

The trick is to do the same thing with another set of figures such that the second bomb you form can be moved next to the first bomb. Grab one bomb and drag it on top of the other bomb and you have a DOUBLE BOMB. The figures DO NOT have to be the same:

------------------------ <-drag heh heh heh

The challenge is to keep your bombs from blowing up before you can align them for the drag.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Dec 16, 14 11:38 AM
used as sample only

Triangles (a circle with 3 electrified balls resembling a triangular shape) can be used alone or in combination to clear the board and get through oil slicks and dirt.

1. Find a likely string of two of the same figure that can be added to in order to form the configuration below. Manipulate other into position by match-3 eliminating non-matches.

-------------------------------------
--------------------------------------- <-

OR
----------------------------------
--------------------------- v

The figures will merge to create a triangle.

Repeat and maneuver two triangles next to each other. Grab and drag one to the other.

TRIANGLE + ANY FIGURE eliminates all of that figure from the board.
TRIANGLE + TRIANGLE: Completely clears the board of all figures.

Since I CRS , I'll have to come back to add the effects of other triangle combos.

NOTE: MY APOLOGIES I had too many figures in the formation.

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 1:43:36 PM PST

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Dec 18, 14 1:29 PM
This diagram is very good, but there is a slight error: Instead of 3 + 3 figurines and one to the middle, it should be 2 + 2 figurines and one to the middle. Otherwise it shows exactly how to create a LIGHTNING.

You changed it, good for you! Now it's perfect!

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 2:06:27 PM PST

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Re:General Instructions for Most Common Problems Etc.

[Post New]by hraili on Dec 24, 14 2:38 PM
The first profile of mine played 1104 levels and almost all this time I had the oil and timed bombs off.
Now, at last, with my second profile, I have finally figured out how the oil and the oil tanks behave and beaten them in every single level. My third profile will try to deal with the timed bombs. Let's see, what happens.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Dec 26, 14 9:02 PM
In level 217 there are oil blocks with time bombs at the bottom but with pieces with chains across them. This is IMPOSSIBLE to win. Any suggestions, please?

[Post New]by charliehenry on Dec 27, 14 3:45 PM
Thanks for instructions on 385-now on 386 and have all but the first pairing
it is 2 bubbles with horizontal arrows. I have tried vertical - horizontal you name it-nada works. Please advise where I have gone brain dead.

PLEASE

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Dec 27, 14 4:09 PM
charliehenry wrote:Thanks for instructions on 385-now on 386 and have all but the first pairing
it is 2 bubbles with horizontal arrows. I have tried vertical - horizontal you name it-nada works. Please advise where I have gone brain dead.

PLEASE

Hi charliehenry!

As it happens, levels 386 and 160 are identical. If you scroll up this thread, you'll find my solution in "Examples".

I will also send you a PM with an URL to My Drive, where I have a shared Folder called "To BFG Gamers". It contains among other things photos, which I have made to make it more clear. That Folder also contains a Folder, where gamers can upload screenshots of their tanks. Have a look at that, too.

Go to: