Using invetory items

[Post New]by granny2ten on Dec 6, 14 5:22 PM
Thee are several topics like this, but none answers the question of how you access inventory items. The swords do seem to be used automatically, but how do I access like light orb to vanquish dark scenes, etc. My inventory is piling up because I can't use it when I need it!

Janimal1
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Using invetory items

[Post New]by Janimal1 on Dec 6, 14 6:32 PM
It's a glowing thing that shows up next to the hint button on the lower right side. It only lasts for a short time. Looks like a sun.

[Post New]by BFGmichelle on Dec 13, 14 12:33 PM
Janimal1 wrote:It's a glowing thing that shows up next to the hint button on the lower right side. It only lasts for a short time. Looks like a sun.
I didnt even know their was a hint button since i dont seem to have one

Teel59
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Teel59 on Dec 15, 14 9:46 AM
The 'Hint' button is the eye...

[Post New]by Adrastea_Lyrae on Dec 18, 14 1:16 AM
Something I haven't seen mentioned specifically yet is that certain items are not available except within the HO scenes themselves. For example:

Weapons will activate automatically when you hit "Battle" on an enemy (if you have them in your inventory), yes - Swords, Slings, Cave Mice, Powders, etc. HOS-access items will also activate automatically when you hit "Search" on a scene that requires them (and, again, you have them in your inventory) - Torches, Grain Bags, Rosaries, etc. HOWEVER...

Things like the hint/Divine Sight will NOT be available at all until after you are actually in the HO screen trying to click on the hidden objects. Then they will be in the lower right corner, but 1) Only if you have them in inventory and 2) Only if they are applicable to the scene you're in - the Light Orb box will not appear at all during a non-night scene, because you already have the same effect by default, so this way there is no way you could click on it by accident and lose one for no purpose.

The Light Orb, by the way, lasts only 30 seconds; the Divine Sight/Hint lasts for two. And the Hand of God doesn't actually remove ALL the remaining items in one fell swoop - I thought it would, so I used it in a scene I was trying hard not to fail, and then discovered it only removes whatever items are visible on your list - so if there were still too many left to fit all of them into the name/shape list, the rest will pop up and still need to be found afterwards. Yeah, lost that scene after all. :/

Go to: