twilight genies

[Post New]by linnetje on Dec 7, 14 2:00 AM
I'm playing this game for a few weeks now and i'm at this point where all my areas are all colonized by twilight genies pff i don't have the phial of darkness and i'm too slow to win in this Rainbow mode..what to do???? anyone have a tip or cheat i don't wanna spend my crystals because i also have to open the observatory and labaratory?
thanks already

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

Re:twilight genies

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Dec 7, 14 2:16 AM
Phase watches are your best bet as they will allow you to extend time by 30 sec for each watch.

You can find two of them in the upper left corner treasure chest on the Mayan rune board, along with other good stuff. You can also find them exploring as well as purchase them but they are kind of pricey.

If you can't do that and must spend crystals don't use them to chase the genies away. Buy either a time amulet or a resonating amulet. These are store versions of items you will later be able to find and assemble in game.

The time amulet will stop time for 24 hours so you can explore at your leisure and it's great for clearing ghosts.

The resonating amulet will extend time, I think by 5 minutes but I can't be sure anyway it's certainly enough to clear those genies out. It also lasts for 24 hours.

Ghosts are something you really need to learn to play through as they drop valuable items. It will also become mandatory for quests in order to move forward or to find some objects to explore through them rather than chase them away.

Hope this helps you.

Edited on 12/07/2014 at 2:17:03 AM PST

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Dec 7, 14 2:56 AM
linnetje, I would just add to what Clashfan has said - try not to use your crystals for opening rooms. If you complete the tasks required to open each room, you will be able to use gold to unlock it, which is much easier to replace than crystals. You will also have more resources to play the other rooms.

The Twilight genies are the easiest of the ghosts to play through, and good ones to practice on.

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Dec 7, 14 5:58 AM
i have a cheat for you - i used this cheat when i was new and in your situation:

1. open the room you want to explore
2. wait a few seconds until the rainbow effect is at its lightest colours.
3. press Print Screen on your keyboard.
4. Pause the game (VERY important!!!)
5. open a new blank document in Word, and click on Paste .
6. now that you have the screenshot in Word, you can look for the items, and take all the time that you need; if needed make a note of where the first 6 items are, and when you are ready, go back to the room, Resume the game, and click on the first 6 items. if you forget where any of the items are, don't panic - just Pause the game, go back to your screenshot in Word, and find it again.
Repeat steps 1 to 6 until you have found all the items :-)

good luck!!!

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Dec 7, 14 7:58 AM
saturnina,
Wow, that is a BRILLIANT idea . I never thought of doing a screen shot.

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Dec 7, 14 8:05 AM
Gobstruck in admiration, saturnina!

What a wonderful tip!

dogpenny
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by dogpenny on Dec 7, 14 10:51 AM
Where is Pause?

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Dec 7, 14 11:04 AM
blushing here lol
thank you!
that's the only way i could do genies and marine queen when i was new... then as i started to remember the locations of the objects, i found myself using the cheat less and less, until i didnt need it anymore

Dogpenny, the pause button is on the top, right hand-side of the game window, below the red cross there is a || symbol, that's the Pause

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Dec 7, 14 1:33 PM
Well saturnina100, I'm very impressed. Wish I had learned that trick a long time ago. I will however remember it for the future.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Dec 7, 14 2:32 PM
dogpenny wrote:Where is Pause?

When you get in a room, it is the button on the upper right with two vertical bars, right under the x.

blue1bear
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by blue1bear on Dec 7, 14 5:07 PM
ROFL & saturnina

I did the same, but I paste in Corel
That was the only way how I can learn where is what, was shame to say anything about that, my kids lol on my "method" but it work perfect, now I have no need to do that even in new room, was trained proper

dogpenny
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by dogpenny on Dec 7, 14 6:48 PM
There is no red cross in top right corner of my game.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Dec 7, 14 8:42 PM
dogpenny wrote:There is no red cross in top right corner of my game.

It isn't on the main screen, Dogpenny. You only see it when you go into a room. There is a button with a red x at the top right to exit the room. Right below that is a button with two vertical green bars to pause the game.

Edited on 12/07/2014 at 8:54:14 PM PST

twilight genies

[Post New]by linnetje on Dec 8, 14 1:25 AM
You can find two of them in the upper left corner treasure chest on the Mayan rune board, along with other good stuff. You can also find them exploring as well as purchase them but they are kind of pricey.

where is the mayan rune board?? i feel like an idiot :-( sorry

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

twilight genies

[Post New]by clm5457 on Dec 8, 14 3:24 AM
linnetje wrote:You can find two of them in the upper left corner treasure chest on the Mayan rune board, along with other good stuff. You can also find them exploring as well as purchase them but they are kind of pricey.

where is the mayan rune board?? i feel like an idiot :-( sorry

It's the first Rock to your upper left. Hover your cursor over it and it says Runes.

Edited on 12/08/2014 at 3:25:26 AM PST

Go to: