Just call me Pollyanna

Shirleygames
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

Just call me Pollyanna

[Post New]by Shirleygames on Dec 7, 14 2:38 PM
There have been numerous negative postings lately on the forum. I can see the validity in some. The new "update" was a disappointment for those on level 53 as it didn't offer any new locations, characters etc., but from my stand point it did cure a few problems in that I now get a least one unique stamp per round and today I got 2 diamonds for flowers.
I don't know how many hours some people play. I play one round in the morning and maybe one round in the early evening while I am waiting for dinner to cook.
My morning round is full of anticipation as I look to see what my awesome friends have sent me.
As I have progressed through the various levels the HOS's have gotten more and more difficult, but then again they are HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES" not "it is right in front of you scenes" Sure I would like to be rewarded a little more but, it is what it is.
I think it is incredible that I am playing a game that is being played by people of all ages and all over the world.
I know many are disabled and like myself, a retired senior.
There are glitches, after all it is a computer game. Hands up those people who have never had an issue with any computer program. All things considered I think Midnight Castle's little oopsy's are relatively few and far between.
When it comes down to it, the difference in attitude is " is the glass half empty or half full" I choose the latter, so on I forge.
For those of you so disillusioned, perhaps it is time for you to call it a day. We will miss you

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Just call me Pollyanna

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 7, 14 2:45 PM
The thing I like so far about the changes are the gift boxes...

Received 500 coins today!

It sure beats the 5- 50 (I think) we got in the past. And for someone who always seems to be cash poor, it's a good thing! That equates to10 less HOS I have to do to craft an item.

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

Just call me Pollyanna

[Post New]by apollogold on Dec 7, 14 3:14 PM
Shirleygames wrote:There have been numerous negative postings lately on the forum. I can see the validity in some. The new "update" was a disappointment for those on level 53 as it didn't offer any new locations, characters etc., but from my stand point it did cure a few problems in that I now get a least one unique stamp per round and today I got 2 diamonds for flowers.
I don't know how many hours some people play. I play one round in the morning and maybe one round in the early evening while I am waiting for dinner to cook.
My morning round is full of anticipation as I look to see what my awesome friends have sent me.
As I have progressed through the various levels the HOS's have gotten more and more difficult, but then again they are HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES" not "it is right in front of you scenes" Sure I would like to be rewarded a little more but, it is what it is.
I think it is incredible that I am playing a game that is being played by people of all ages and all over the world.
I know many are disabled and like myself, a retired senior.
There are glitches, after all it is a computer game. Hands up those people who have never had an issue with any computer program. All things considered I think Midnight Castle's little oopsy's are relatively few and far between.
When it comes down to it, the difference in attitude is " is the glass half empty or half full" I choose the latter, so on I forge.
For those of you so disillusioned, perhaps it is time for you to call it a day. We will miss you
Hi Shirleygames,
First of all.. I'd like to apologize to each and everyone one of you out there for my rantings. Yes... I do realize we are all in the same boat... so to speak. What I was manly disappointed about was having to download an up-date that stated new content, which to me is new quests. Very disappointed that nothing of importance was activated. Yes... I have now received some stamps from the flower drop, which is really nice, but I felt that the rest of the content should have been activated before giving us this up-date. Sorry... it is not very often that I rant ( which keeps me from throwing something at my monitor and having to buy a new one). I love this game and play on a daily basis and I just have to learn to be more patient. Again... sorry if I offended anyone.
apollogold

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 7, 14 3:35 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:The thing I like so far about the changes are the gift boxes...

Received 500 coins today!

It sure beats the 5- 50 (I think) we got in the past. And for someone who always seems to be cash poor, it's a good thing! That equates to10 less HOS I have to do to craft an item.

I also like the gift boxes. I would like to see them make this a permanent part of the game, not just for the holidays. I like it much better than the 5-50 thing. I like being surprised as to what Im getting.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Dec 7, 14 3:46 PM
Hi Shirlygames
I agree with you completely. A few days ago I spent pretty much all day fixing problems with my browser, all kinds of glitches which had to all be separately repaired, finally at the end of the day fixed. Was never so happy to get back to the Castle where the glitches in comparison were negligible.
You can add me to the Pollyanna Brigade. I also adhere to the glass half full philosophy.
Yes there are still little irritants to be repaired, but consider the number of fixes and changes the developers have made to accommodate players over the last few months.
I have been playing pretty steadily since March and I have to say from my experience and I am sure those who have played even longer would agree that a lot of the shortages players complain about are not the fault of the game but because of the way they approach and play the game. If you are looking for shortcuts there are none. You have to be willing to do every HO in the game and collect a goodly number of inventory. Most important of all do not use everything up at once. Stop your Quest and do more rounds. If you are not willing to play in this fashion this is not the game for you.
Bottom line it is just a game to be played for enjoyment, of which there are many. So just accept the little irritants and move on because eventually as other irritants they will be fixed. After all life is not perfect and we go on, yet we expect perfection from a game that is put together by a very smart and innovative group of people who like the rest of us are not perfect yet continue to do their best.
Happy Gaming to all and remember its just a game, enjoy the view and have some fun.

BooBoo9339
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Dec 7, 14 4:23 PM
It is so sad to be chided for letting off steam. This forum is where we should all feel free to voice our opinions. This is the only place where other people know about the problems and understand the frustrations. But to be told we should not complain and just leave sounds very harsh to me.
Maybe what we should all do is start naming our posts so we don't have to read the ones we disagree with.
I read the Pollyanna post because it sounded like someone had found a renewed interest in the game in spite of the flaws. I never thought it would be a post that sounds so "like it or leave".
But I vote for no censorship and I always will. Glad you guys are all happy with the game as it is but I reserve the right to want it to be a much better game and if I'm frustrated I will always post those thoughts.
I will name all my negative posts as such in the future.
No apology necessary for me Apollogold,
Boo

Edited on 12/07/2014 at 5:10:55 PM PST

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Dec 7, 14 5:25 PM
Lets call a spade a spade here okay.
Shirleygames I do not know how long you have been playing or what level you are on I have been playing one year now and am on level 48 and stuck can not move , do quests, but have I said anything *negative* no I do come to the forum and ask questions vent and posts some hard post at times but seeing this is a forum we all CAN use to vent , give advice what ever I found your post a tad offensive to some, you talk about it is only a game true and that it is a HOG true and it is a computer game true but sayng **** MC's little oopsy's are few and far between **** WHAT????????
Lets talk about the gliches from day one want a big one? == The Find button STILL NOT FIXED Example I am doing a quest right now and for three days can not move due to when I go to the find button it gives everything I DO NOT need same for the AIR SHIP I am doing I needed 19 ships lanterns went to the HOS the find button sent me to got one BUT for the last 21 times the find button has sent me to find the lantern in a HOS yep you guessed it NADA nothing every thing but WHAT I need.
* oopsy's??? * yeah right and Apollo you did not offened anyone and Shirley if you happen to *call it a day I am sure you to will be missed to*
A long time player
Randy

Edited on 12/07/2014 at 5:32:03 PM PST

BooBoo9339
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Dec 7, 14 6:26 PM
Hey eastendteddy, missed you, where have you been? What is it you need? PM me if it's something I can gift you, I will.

So to the Pollyannas I say that as you now see, some of us are just a little more passionate about the game. But remember this, if we all said everything is A-Okay and just wonderful and we don't mind the glitches then they would never be fixed.

So we are really helping you out. BFG actually pays attention to the problems people report. We old timers are still playing after a year and so we obviously love the game. We just are impatient for it to be the great game it should be.

Good gaming to all,
Boo

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Dec 7, 14 8:17 PM
As an admitted Pollyanna I think my post indicated that there were and are legitimate quirks in the game. As to the venting all is allowed for those who passionately feel the need and no apologies for said rants required Apollo. I am sorry you feel offended Randy, I am sure no offense was intended. There are many, many, threads dedicated to the many glitches that occur in this game, some that have been fixed and some still do irritate.
My question here is why is a positive rant about the game not given the same legitimacy. Why a personal attack on a person with an opposite view of the game. Why not allow one to give a positive view about the game. You have every right to vent till your problems are fixed. I also think one has the right to vent about the positives and how much one enjoys playing despite the glitches.
I am sorry for your travails with the game and hope that you and others with the same difficulties will have an eventual fix. But you have to understand that not all of us have the difficulties with the game that you do. We just want to talk every once in a while about the positives and what a joy it is to play.
How about allowing just this one more thread to join the I am happy thread for those who see positive views of the game.
As always Happy Gaming to all.

bilby_girl
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by bilby_girl on Dec 7, 14 8:24 PM
I agree with you Lilabelle.

Why can't we all get along and accept some people have problems with the game and some people don't, there's no need for people to jump on people because they have a different view.

I saw nothing offensive in Shirleygames post so I guess that makes me another of the Pollyanna brigade.

Loved that movie when I was a kid btw

Pollyanna III

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Dec 7, 14 8:45 PM
I'm afraid that I'm a Pollyanna as well although I still suffer the occasional frustrations with the game. Venting about glitches is legitimate and I learn from all of the posts everyone makes. My personal game has been relatively trouble free and some of that is because of the posts venting about glitches.

About airship items and daily quests...these items are not able to be found with a find button. They are not needed for the character quests so the find path will not work.

Of the 51 HOS rewards....all HOS's give a BONUS airship item, roughly half of the HOS's will also give either BONUS stamps, pet food and those useless (so far) gift for a friend boxes. All of these bonus rewards are random and can't be counted on and the mix changes for every round. These rewards are not a glitch. To my knowledge, you can't buy airship items and buying stamps is cost prohibitive as is crafting pet food.

It is frustrating that you can't get what you need to achieve the daily quests or send the airship and feed your pets to get the bonus rewards they offer, but remember playing before they updated the game for the airships and daily quests? Those were added because we were so bored waiting for new updates and wanted something to do to fill in the time between HOS rounds and updates.

I still love the game and I've been playing since last February. I enjoy all of the people who post on the forum and find the forum one of the best things about MC. Even the venting has been done usually with a sense of humor. Let's remember laughter defuses temper and has been proven to be an important part of both physical and mental health.

Love to all of my fellow players and wishing you health and happiness.

Laura

Edited on 12/07/2014 at 8:51:46 PM PST

bilby_girl
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by bilby_girl on Dec 7, 14 8:52 PM
llaurelwreath, in the early days of MC the airship didn't have seperate items, you had to fill it with normal inventory items, don't think I sent many of them

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 7, 14 9:52 PM
I think I am a Pollyanna +,

As I really love this game glitches and all, my glass is not half full, it is brimming over and watering my desk top,

This forum is a great place to come and to post happy things and to vent, it's all the same, like life there are the ups and the downs, at least you can log off from the game, life unfortunately as you look up from the keyboard from time to time is still there,

I'm with Lilabelle on this one, please don't attack anyone for posting, good or bad as frustration and many hours playing can result in a good day or bad one,

Happy thoughts to all

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Dec 7, 14 10:49 PM
LOL! I like reading posts with Pollyanna in the title! I agree with Shirleygames. I've been playing this darn game for a year now, at level 53, nothing to do but play the hos, but I am definitely a Pollyanna! Can't wait for more!

[Post New]by blasterdad on Dec 8, 14 11:40 AM
Bravo to you. I too have my complaints and have aired a few, but I'm with you. For those constant whiners I've got a request. STOP IT and let us enjoy the forum.

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Dec 8, 14 12:42 PM
Sorry Guys I just haven’t the patients to read all U have to say Too long for me

Ria

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Dec 8, 14 4:10 PM
Pollyanna here, too. I think if you go with the flow of what the game is, it can be a nice, relaxing way to spend some of your down time. Agree that there are glitches. I just remind myself that those glitches are part of the current game play. If they get fixed-well, woohoo. But if they don't, I'll live with them or stop playing. Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy the added sparkle of Christmas stuff, along with the harder quests I'm up to now that I'm at level 32.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Dec 8, 14 4:50 PM
Shirley/Pollyanna:

I believe this is one of your posts from just a few weeks ago:

This whole unique stamp thing is ridiculous. Obviously this new update has not solved the drop rate problem. Congrats to anyone who gets any doing HOS,
How's this for a real kick in the pants- fed my piggy got a gold chest and not one unique stamp in the chest I did get one unique stamp when I bought a few gems. .
BTW - has anyone else noticed the drop rate on those 'gift for a friend" has increased. Last couple of days I have been getting about 3-4 per round.

I would call this a negative post and I also found another of your posts in a thread called "Mad as Heck".

My point here, is that this is an open forum for all. So, please don't suggest others who become upset leave the game. I take offense to that statement. And to Apollo, no apology needed.

Boo, I agree with both of your posts. Randy, I agree with you also.

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Dec 8, 14 6:28 PM
What’s the big deal? EVERYBODY comes to the forum and vent, every once in a while. Not speaking for Shirleygames, but where is she speaking about apollogold? And why is she apologizing? Did I miss something? I just assumed she meant anybody who is getting tired of the game and finds no enjoyment in it anymore. Some people have left for that reason. There is MORE negativity in MC forum than any other I have come across! Not one person “owns” this forum and anybody has the right to post without being attacked for it, nor should people take it personal. Just saying…now back to the game!

Oh! Never mind...read the whole post

Edited on 12/08/2014 at 6:39:36 PM PST

BooBoo9339
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Dec 9, 14 9:04 AM
I thought this thread has run its course. Did any of you read the last part of the original post? Where shirleygames said that the people who are disillusioned should quit? And some said they found nothing wrong in that post. I find it very offensive.
This forum is for us all and frankly, I have found most of the complaining posts helpful. It helps to know others are dealing with the same problems as I am. Some are even witty.
Please people, let everyone say what they want and if you don't like it, don't read the post. And taking my own advice I won't be revisiting this thread.
Eastendteddy, nofishtoday and appologold are just trying to be heard and have the glitches and problems fixed. I have said this before, if we are still here after a year of play we obviously love the game and want it to be the best it can be.
Good gaming to the disillusioned and the pollyannas,
Boo

Edited on 12/09/2014 at 9:44:16 AM PST

Go to: