catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Happy Empire here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 8, 14 12:53 AM
(Let's see how well I can type after having my fingers caught in the door. )
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 12/08/2014 at 5:17:34 AM PST

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Happy Empire here!

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Dec 8, 14 1:23 AM
Nice little game, Makes you think about the items you need to get other items. But why on earth give 60 mins when the demo is only 10 mins long including the initial loading and profile etc.??? The timed play is very relaxed in the demo but will it get silly like some of the games to make it impossible to get 3 stars? Not sure if it is a buy or not as the demo ends so quickly and not sure how long the game actually is. Is it worth the money/credit? Might wait till BFG have two for one sale!!!

Nijn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Nijn on Dec 8, 14 2:33 AM
It is definitely not worth the money. As written above it is a nive little game - with emphasis on little. I managed to get through all the levels in no time with3 stars and lots of time to spare... And i'm not particularly fast in these kind of games. I was afraid that it would be like this, but as i was longing so much for at TM game i bought it anyway. But really, it's too expensive for the actual play-time you get.

Edited on 12/08/2014 at 2:34:18 AM PST

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Dec 8, 14 3:11 AM
I was thinking of buying this but the reviews are making me think twice. I took 25 mins to get through the demo but was disappointed not to get more of an idea of how the game progresses. The early stages are fairly straightforward - I usually play untimed as I just enjoy the gameplay and don't like having to try to beat the clock.

I have a couple of PCC's so might go ahead and get it - just wish they would give you a bit longer on the demo to help me make my mind up about this game.

izzy237
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by izzy237 on Dec 8, 14 4:20 AM
Far too easy. Unfortunately I purchased this game before the trial and finished, on the timed mode in under 3 hours. Waste of money.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Dec 8, 14 4:34 AM
Just a few comments -- there is no story to follow since the two characters, the Empress and her adversary, only appear at the beginning with a very short dialog and not again until after the game is finished.

And speaking of finished, it took me a little less than two hours, and I am the world's slowest game player. The game play is very repetitious, every level is pretty much collect resources, repair roads, buy keys to open the gates, and get to the secret chests. Zzzzz. The good thing about the game being so short is that I was totally bored by the time I got to the end and was glad it was over.

DK

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Dec 8, 14 5:18 AM
Hi everyone!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Happy Empire here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Happy Empire.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Dec 8, 14 5:27 AM
This "new" game should go straight to the Reduced For Quick Sale bin like so many others lately. I'm not sure what's going on in Casual Game world but nothing has piqued my interest in months.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Dec 8, 14 6:00 AM

Gave the trial a chance even after reading the reviews. Wow, only 23 minutes to finish the trial. What happened to the 60 minutes?

Seemed to take a while loading between each level. Took forever to load the start of the game after the talking was done.

I may be desperate for a TM game but not THAT desperate. What a waste of space and incredibly boring.

NO BUY.

booger69
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by booger69 on Dec 8, 14 6:17 AM
Very disappointing how quickly the game ends. Not worth the full price.

Edited on 12/08/2014 at 6:17:41 AM PST

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by silver64 on Dec 8, 14 6:46 AM

Edited on 12/11/2014 at 1:16:03 PM PST

Gamer_Geek
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Gamer_Geek on Dec 8, 14 7:18 AM
Very disappointing attempt at a TM game.

I didn't have the loading issue, but I did notice some other gameplay issues:

1) workers ALWAYS have to go back to "base" before they can do the next task, even if they are not delivering a resource;

2) the graphics for the workers moving on the screen were very glitchy ( it seemed like a white square around the worker was trying to render);

3) it was hard to tell how many of which resources you had collected, as the counter areas were spread out along the top and were "drawn" into a graphic that framed the playing area;

4) while they give you "traders" to buy resources from, it seemed like you could only buy from them once; and

5) some of the resources you collect respawn, but there isn't anything on the screen to tell you what is going to pop-up again or where.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Dec 8, 14 8:54 AM
When I saw that, amazingly, this looked like a time management game, I was quite excited, but I was very disappointed before long.

There was nothing challenging about completing the demo levels in the time allowed and it seems from comments on here that not much changed in the full version.

The one thing that I thought was interesting was the choice of materials to be spent. But, it didn't actually seem to add any kind of strategy to the game, as there was only really one way to do it.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Dec 8, 14 10:52 AM
The graphics in this game are too small and there is no real strategy involved. The demo was way too short, however I was ready to quit anyway. I guess they needed to make the demo too short since you could almost finish the game in the demo time according to the other reviewers.

[Post New]by boltonian54 on Dec 8, 14 11:51 AM

Edited on 12/11/2014 at 1:17:32 PM PST

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Happy Empire here!

[Post New]by dk5793 on Dec 8, 14 11:58 AM

Edited on 12/11/2014 at 1:18:17 PM PST

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by jill165x on Dec 8, 14 12:20 PM
Very short, based on demo and level count on map. It would probably take about an hour to finish.

There are also issues with game play. For example, in the second level the Tasks were to Repair the Sawmill, Repair the Roads, Get the Secret Chest. Well, I grabbed the chest before finishing the roads or repairing the sawmill, and won the level with three stars even though those two things were not crossed off on the list.

Although the game appears to allow step queuing, it seems to confuse the workers and they often don't do anything until you un-check/re-check.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Dec 8, 14 3:33 PM
I used a PCC on this after reading the reviews - it's barely worth getting for free, in my opinion. I like this type game, but this one has no real storyline and very repetitive levels (different scenery doesn't really change anything, developers!). Despite a rather long intro "story," no further reference is made to it until a brief scene at the rather abrupt end.

The ony repairs are to patch the roads and repair an occasional sawmill or start a mill. It's somewhat puzzling to be allowed to buy resources only once on most levels - there's no accumulation over time from sawmills as there is in most games like this, for instance, so you'd expect to be allowed to purchase from the traders more often. Of course, you don't need more to finish. On the whole, the graphics are attractive, but I had the glitch mentioned by Gamer_Geek where there was a flashing box effect around the running workers part of the time.

As others have mentioned, this is a very short and very easy game - I also finished with gold on all levels the first time through in timed mode, and I tend to be somewhat slow at these. This game might be a good way for a beginner to get a feel for TM games, although it might cause boredom and unrealistic expectations of the normal pace of game play in the genre.

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Dec 8, 14 6:24 PM
Wow... I expected this to be a short demo from reading the reviews but didn't expect it to only last 15 minutes. The load times are way too slow and the voice started to really become annoying. This is nothing like the Royal Envoy or My Kingdom for a Princess games. If I remember correctly, the Royal Envoy games were around 60 levels.

This isn't worth even a discount price. It's way too short and too repetitive. There is nothing new or interesting in this game to make it worthwhile, not even a storyline. It's really a shame because there are way too few of this type of game available here.

The only thing that was nice in the game is as soon as they picked up a resource, it immediately became available for use, you didn't have to wait till they went back to the house. That one nice feature isn't even enough to make me want to use my free game code. It's a no buy for me.

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Dec 8, 14 10:04 PM
Played the Trial.

A simple, cutesy, kids game.

I was hoping for a challenging TM game as there haven't been many around lately.

A No Buy for me.

Go to: