dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 10, 12 9:14 AM
Eoarod! hope you get well soon! Can't believe how many fishies are sick or in the process of getting sick .

Been doing more research . Today my favorite subject is runestones after I finally eliminated every other thing I could think of. I think what the boy (and also a man) is holding is a small runestone because the top symbol looks like a rune.

One stone found in Shawnee, OK spells out "MEDOK" which I thought was very interesting.

Also there was a movie released in 1996 titled "The Runestone". The story is that a Norse Runestone was found in W. Pennsylvania. The phrophecy on it tells about the wolf Fenrir and that it's release from the stone will cause the destruction of of the world and that Tyr, the Norse god of war, who is prophesied to return to fight the creature, is the only one who can kill the beast.

Don't know if anything at all ties in, but the story about Fenrir may be similar to what we will be doing.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 10, 12 9:17 AM
WOW! Fargosis! That's really, really good

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 10, 12 9:25 AM
dogmama wrote:Eoarod! hope you get well soon! Can't believe how many fishies are sick or in the process of getting sick .

Been doing more research . Today my favorite subject is runestones after I finally eliminated every other thing I could think of. I think what the boy (and also a man) is holding is a small runestone because the top symbol looks like a rune.

One stone found in Shawnee, OK spells out "MEDOK" which I thought was very interesting.

Also there was a movie released in 1996 titled "The Runestone". The story is that a Norse Runestone was found in W. Pennsylvania. The phrophecy on it tells about the wolf Fenrir and that it's release from the stone will cause the destruction of of the world and that Tyr, the Norse god of war, who is prophesied to return to fight the creature, is the only one who can kill the beast.

Don't know if anything at all ties in, but the story about Fenrir may be similar to what we will be doing.

Now why did I think it was Thor who was supposed to defeat Fenrir?

Fenrir, as I recall, is the son of Loki, the trickster god. I had thought that Thor was the one who was prophesized to defeat Fenrir. Where did you find that information, dogmama? I'd like to go check it out myself; I'm a fan of mythology, albeit I've generally concentrated more on Greek and Roman mythology, but I picked up a smattering of Norse in the process.

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 10, 12 9:28 AM
FWIW, I agree that there is more to Hondo's post than meets the eye as it was WAY too easy. Since he mentioned the "movie poster" I went back and had yet another look at it and noticed two things I didn't before: the person laying on the ground has his arms in a strange position if he is dead or passed out wouldn't they be relaxed? Also, the boy who has his fingers curled doesn't seem to me to be menacing as someone said, but what if he is describing a bird of prey coming down with talons "like this"?

ETA Fargosi

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 9:33:16 AM PST

mouldmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,127 Posts

[Post New]by mouldmom on Nov 10, 12 9:28 AM
Eoarod thanks for the heads up on the TV shows, just turned on BIO, lets see how long I can whatch and read and play and cook and do laundry before I get totally lost. Tussin and vodka, I keeping that in mind for this winter.

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 10, 12 9:31 AM
Rainbow722 wrote:FWIW, I agree that there is more to Hondo's post than meets the eye as it was WAY too easy. Since he mentioned the "movie poster" I went back and had yet another look at it and noticed two things I didn't before: the person laying on the ground has his arms in a strange position if he is dead or passed out wouldn't they be relaxed? Also, the boy who has his fingers curled doesn't seem to me to be menacing as someone said, but what if he is describing a bird of prey coming down with talons "like this"?

Perhaps there's a MCF movie in production?
I still don't trust that kid, I mean escape from ravenhearst was just proof that all children are evil

[Post New]by MCF_Fan2464 on Nov 10, 12 9:38 AM
Fargosis16 wrote:Perhaps there's a MCF movie in production?
That would be epic!!!!

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 10, 12 9:42 AM
YAY MORE SONGS

Come dear Charles, come with me
Safe and happy, you will be
Away from your mother, let us run
With father, you'll have so much fun

Oh, little charles, you'll never cry
Father wouldn't hurt a fly
Be free to frolic, be free to play
Come with me to my cave to stay

Oh, dear Charles, please don't squirm
These ropes, I know, will hold you firm
Now look to me, the pendant calls
Back and forth, your eyelids fall

Oh, little Charles, you cannot leave
For you, no one will grieve
Your mind is unravelling at the seams
Allowing me to haunt your dreams

Do not wail and do not weep
It's time for you to
GO.
TO.
SLEEP.
you were not clever laddie
Now you are mine
Just like your daddy

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 9:18:43 PM PST

mouldmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,127 Posts

[Post New]by mouldmom on Nov 10, 12 9:43 AM
MCF_Fan2464 wrote:
Fargosis16 wrote:Perhaps there's a MCF movie in production?
That would be epic!!!!

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 10, 12 9:43 AM
Man I am on a roll today

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 10, 12 9:46 AM
Wow Fargosis...

Those are seriously creepy and wonderful all at the same time. I salute you sir!

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 10, 12 9:50 AM
Maybe there's some evil alien relic that we have to find and protect, only for a guy to find it and be possessed, and then we learn that the same thing happened hundreds of years ago
To Charles/his father

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 10, 12 9:54 AM
bri_rose1978 wrote:Wow Fargosis...

Those are seriously creepy and wonderful all at the same time. I salute you sir!

Thanks

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 10, 12 9:59 AM
Fargosis16 wrote:Man I am on a roll today

You most certainly are. Those poems/songs are super creepy and cool at the same time. Great work!

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 10, 12 10:05 AM
Hello fishies!

MJ & Fargosis

Eoarod-sorry you aren't feeling well!

Dogmama...I'd love the actual recipe too!

Now-as to Hondo's clue being to easy.....there is the whole thing about Skyfall. I'm not a Bond fan.......what is the premise of Skyfall and is there any way this can relate to Shadow Lake?

AndrewB179
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by AndrewB179 on Nov 10, 12 10:09 AM
Fargosis16 wrote:
Rainbow722 wrote:FWIW, I agree that there is more to Hondo's post than meets the eye as it was WAY too easy. Since he mentioned the "movie poster" I went back and had yet another look at it and noticed two things I didn't before: the person laying on the ground has his arms in a strange position if he is dead or passed out wouldn't they be relaxed? Also, the boy who has his fingers curled doesn't seem to me to be menacing as someone said, but what if he is describing a bird of prey coming down with talons "like this"?

I still don't trust that kid, I mean escape from ravenhearst was just proof that all children are evil

As was Magnolia in 13th Skull.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 10, 12 10:12 AM
bri_rose1978 wrote:
dogmama wrote:Eoarod! hope you get well soon! Can't believe how many fishies are sick or in the process of getting sick .

Now why did I think it was Thor who was supposed to defeat Fenrir?

Fenrir, as I recall, is the son of Loki, the trickster god. I had thought that Thor was the one who was prophesized to defeat Fenrir. Where did you find that information, dogmama? I'd like to go check it out myself; I'm a fan of mythology, albeit I've generally concentrated more on Greek and Roman mythology, but I picked up a smattering of Norse in the process.
Bri~ just google "The Runestone". What I read was on IMDb.

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 10, 12 10:14 AM
AndrewB179 wrote:
Fargosis16 wrote:

As was Magnolia in 13th Skull.

The somber twins are totally the twins from the shining

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 10, 12 10:15 AM
Here's how I feel. I really resent it when a retail site makes their customers go to FaceBook to have an advantage. I shop here, I do not shop at FaceBook. If BFG wants a presence on FaceBook to entice new customers, that's fine. But once those people shop here -- become customers, they should not get more special FaceBook deals that are not otherwise offered to BFG customers who opt not to join FaceBook.

In that regard, if BFG wants to play this guessing game with its customers, put the clues on this site. Put them on the Blog Page. Put them throughout the Forums here. Put them on their dedicated game sites that link from here and are open to everyone without joining something. Make FaceBook users come here for the clues. This is where we all are going to buy the game.

So, I'm done with this intriguing exercise. Solving Picman's multi-layered clues is downright and admirably challenging. (Such challenge unlikely to be seen in the actual game, I'm afraid.) Speculating about the story the game is built around is interesting. But these games have to stand on their own. BFG surely wants buyers totally unaware of Ravenhearst to be interested in purchasing Shadow Lake.

LFAs / HOPAs need a good story to carry the game along. I hope this latest game actually has some "game" to it. Some of those wonderful puzzles in Madame Fate and RTR that deftly tested one's powers of logic would be nice -- EFR had only one. Madame Fate was such an artfully drawn and presented game. Now we get live actors -- hopefully it's something more than watching a movie mystery with a less than satisfying TBC conclusion. Some new twist to the formula -- chances are it won't be morphing HO scenes or built in extra game play.

Carry on -- I applaud your tenacity.

bekair
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by bekair on Nov 10, 12 10:21 AM
Sorry - have been painting the kitchen & away for 10 or so pages.

I looking again at the concept art & the "people pic"

Has anyone mentioned that the towns are definitely NOT the same.

In the "people pic the man in the upper right (some have said a Dr. - could he be also looking at a RUNE?

The "convict" does have stripes on his pants and could he be running from the "MIST" or cloud of gas that is creeping thru the bottom of the pic.

Sorry if they have been tried before - I checked pg 106 but did not see any ref.

OH YEAH - the main character is wearing at least 3 necklaces - could the be some kind of AMULET or have some other use ?

THANKS

PS. great job to the fishies.

bbt

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 10:23:38 AM PST

Go to: