PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Anyone Playing yet?

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Apr 20, 09 2:57 AM
This looks kinda cute. I would have expected more talk about it by now. Anyone tried it yet?

chris30s
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Anyone Playing yet?

[Post New]by chris30s on Apr 20, 09 3:00 AM
PinkSprinkles wrote:This looks kinda cute. I would have expected more talk about it by now. Anyone tried it yet?

Yes, tried and finished. Cute game, similar to VV, but simpler (shorter). Thread not moved here yet from Chit Chat, that's why not many posts here.

Edited on 04/20/2009 at 8:40:18 AM PST

PhyllisElaine
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Anyone Playing yet?

[Post New]by PhyllisElaine on Apr 20, 09 6:00 AM
PinkSprinkles wrote:This looks kinda cute. I would have expected more talk about it by now. Anyone tried it yet?

I've downloaded it but I can't tear myself away from Farm Frenzy 2--that's one challenging game. But I'll try Wild Tribe out today! From the sounds of it, it's a short and fast game. I'll post my opinion later today.

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Re:Anyone Playing yet?

[Post New]by twilyght on Apr 20, 09 8:38 AM
theres a six page thread about it in the chitchat forum. we've been discussing it a lot

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Apr 20, 09 9:09 AM
Thanks everyone. I downloaded and starting playing early this am. I'm about 4 1/2 hours in, almost finished I think. Cute game,..not seeing a replay potential here,..but it's cute.

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on Apr 20, 09 1:24 PM
I must be real dumb and slow or idk what else lol I keep seeing people say theyre finishing it in four hours/ five hours/ etc. I played mine for well over 12 hours before I had to pause it to go to bed. I havent gotten a chance to play it again, but I'll probably finish it up tonight, and if I restarted it I would have to remember where everything was all over again!

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Apr 20, 09 4:18 PM
twilyght wrote:I must be real dumb and slow or idk what else lol I keep seeing people say theyre finishing it in four hours/ five hours/ etc. I played mine for well over 12 hours before I had to pause it to go to bed. I havent gotten a chance to play it again, but I'll probably finish it up tonight, and if I restarted it I would have to remember where everything was all over again!

Twilyght I'm with you. Am I missing something? Played for hours last night & had to pause it, came back to it this morning to find everyone had gotten sick & I couldn't cure them all fast enough. Tried again from the start & after getting everything set up to the making of the strange wooden thing I had to go to work & pause it again. Guess what? I came home at lunch time to try a little more & the exact same thing had happened again. Sheesh! I don't know if I have enough time in a day to play in one sitting. Am I not doing something right here or what? Help.

[Post New]by LargeLondonGirl on Apr 20, 09 4:24 PM
Downloaded it and fnished it yesterday. It was cute, kinda shortish and much easier then the other games I've played of this type. I agree with the one who mentioned re-playablity not being there. Its not as much fun when you know what the answers are.

[Post New]by mr_mgs on Apr 20, 09 10:10 PM
gr8 game but kinda short

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Apr 21, 09 8:23 AM
shazoz wrote:
twilyght wrote:I must be real dumb and slow or idk what else lol I keep seeing people say theyre finishing it in four hours/ five hours/ etc. I played mine for well over 12 hours before I had to pause it to go to bed. I havent gotten a chance to play it again, but I'll probably finish it up tonight, and if I restarted it I would have to remember where everything was all over again!

Twilyght I'm with you. Am I missing something? Played for hours last night & had to pause it, came back to it this morning to find everyone had gotten sick & I couldn't cure them all fast enough. Tried again from the start & after getting everything set up to the making of the strange wooden thing I had to go to work & pause it again. Guess what? I came home at lunch time to try a little more & the exact same thing had happened again. Sheesh! I don't know if I have enough time in a day to play in one sitting. Am I not doing something right here or what? Help.

I changed to fast speed,....got tired of just waiting for something to happen. I finished in about 7hrs of real time. It was cute,...faster than VV,(which I totally lost interest in), but it has no replay potential as you have set tasks and goals to meet. It isn't timed, but there isn't anything to "customize" or play around with like homes or decorations or anything. It was cute,..worth $6.99.

mappam
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by mappam on Apr 21, 09 8:47 AM
shazoz wrote:

Same Thing! - I had two guru Doctors and still when I got back on in the morning all but 3 of my tribe was dead! WHY didn't the doctors cure them? When I am "there" (watching) the doctor(s) rush to help = what do they DO when I am away???

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Apr 22, 09 4:38 AM
They were probably out playing golf....LOL

[Post New]by ladyofnight on Apr 22, 09 4:51 AM
mappam wrote:

Same Thing! - I had two guru Doctors and still when I got back on in the morning all but 3 of my tribe was dead! WHY didn't the doctors cure them? When I am "there" (watching) the doctor(s) rush to help = what do they DO when I am away???

Is it possible you don't have the right "cure" yet? You have to check out the herbs/plants. At one point you have to make a shovel and dig at the roots to make a cure and at another point you have to collect a combination of the herbs/plants to create a specific cure

mappam
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by mappam on Apr 22, 09 8:58 AM
No - that isn't it - I DO have all of the cures.

It is like the doctors just don't do anything when I am not there?? It is odd that they all rush to a sick one when I am 'watching' but as soon as I leave the game my doctors go on holiday LOL

It happened again! I was left with only two tribe members this time and had to breed and then train all over again. I thought about just starting over - but I am too far on the ark and do have all of the research done....even tho the 'new' critters don't have enough skill to actually DO some of the skills.

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on Apr 22, 09 10:37 AM
mappam wrote:No - that isn't it - I DO have all of the cures.

It is like the doctors just don't do anything when I am not there?? It is odd that they all rush to a sick one when I am 'watching' but as soon as I leave the game my doctors go on holiday LOL

It happened again! I was left with only two tribe members this time and had to breed and then train all over again. I thought about just starting over - but I am too far on the ark and do have all of the research done....even tho the 'new' critters don't have enough skill to actually DO some of the skills.

dont understand that either and I havent had any problems with the pause feature (other than un-pausing it). All I can suggest is going to the menu, go to options, 'pause' it, then quit and close the game. might want to reload it again just to make sure its still paused. when you get back go back into your game, click continue and then hit spacebar and they should come right back up.

You probably know how to retrain your gorillas but just incase someone is reading and they dont, you can drop a wobbly on a stick and a sharp rock, then drop them on the totem and let them work on it until they turn... whatever the one above skilled is (between skilled and guru) then they can start on the ark again (but I think they need to be guru to get the nails and work with the last section of the ark and then to put it all together).

On a side note, when I was feeling naughty I dropped all my doctors into the pool and then had them train to be doctors again... within an hour they were both back to gurus.

Go to: