annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

What does a binary file mean to the game of Found?

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Dec 8, 14 3:11 AM
I downloaded Found quite awhile ago and have checked in periodically. I could not get it to work and thought I missed updates, etc. So, I deleted the game and went to download it again. Well, the introductory game came up and I didn't see where to download it. It also said this is a binary file do you want to save it? I am not sure. I was on higher levels before and don't want to start over unless absolutely necessary. So, I got out of that and came here before I do anything. I want to reinstall the game. The game is not in my purchase history, of course...cause it was free. Any ideas folks? Thanks. Got to the end of Agency for the time being, waiting for an update. Maybe I can be better playing Found for awhile instead.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

Re:What does a binary file mean to the game of Found?

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Dec 8, 14 7:34 AM
Binary means 2 numbers consisting of 0 and 1, as in 1011, 1001 and so on, what it means in connection to Found, not sure, maybe someone with more knowledge will know.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Dec 8, 14 4:12 PM
At the base, ALL computer programs rely on binary coding. The combination of ones and zeroes can be put together to relay instructions to the computer. Most programmers these days use languages that do not look like binary. However, as the computer itself reads those instructions, it translates them to binary to work.

I am not certain why the download notes the binary notation. I would suggest contacting tech support (customer service) and checking with them.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 9, 14 3:45 PM
Hey annibelle1

If you're downloading the game through Mozilla Firefox, that browser labels game downloads from our site as "binary" files, which just describes the type of file it is. If you go ahead and "save file" and then run the game stub from your download folder as usual, it should reinstall the game.

The other option is to reinstall the game directly through the Big Fish Games app in the Free to Play Games tab.

If there's any trouble with reinstalling though, please don't hesitate to contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always there to help you out!

bfgVaiya

Go to: