mythlady
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

I'm done.

[Post New]by mythlady on Dec 8, 14 11:36 AM
Here's where I'm stuck --

* I have many ZZZ quests that I can't get any farther with right now.

* I have three active quests, each of which will wind up costing me money (rubies) or a lot of energy, or both --

1) A quest that has to be completed in the night mode -- either I have to spend a ton of energy playing through the scenes until I get to the night, or spend two rubies to change the mode, and too bad if you just missed the night ones -- and that's two rubies for every change.

2) Two quests in buildings for which I don't have the right number of items for entry -- I have to spend rubies to buy them for each time I go into the building, or spend tons (and tons) of energy fighting bad guys and completing scenes, to try to come up with the grain or whatever it is I need.

This is really frustrating -- at this point, I can't make progress unless I chip in some more money -- and I haven't added it up, but I'm probably in for $75-$100 at this point. That's enough, especially for the amount of "fun" I've had. I don't mind paying something to play a game -- for me, it's not an issue of the money. It's just the principle of the thing, and the ratio of fun to frustration.

So farewell -- I'll keep my eyes open for an update, but for now I'm going to try one of the other games you all have recommended.

crcamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:I'm done.

[Post New]by crcamp on Dec 8, 14 12:48 PM
I think I'm right there with you. I have multiple "ZZZ" tasks even after being at Level 18. I don't want to even figure up how much money I've spent!
BFG I hope there is an update soon...

sholady
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by sholady on Dec 8, 14 8:51 PM
Play Found a Hidden Object game with a Christmas twist......it moves along with lots of quests and energy rewards., played 2 hours, fun, fun,fun

[Post New]by sadgallagher on Dec 9, 14 7:42 AM
OK, this was the perfect message title because I think that says it all.

I really like this game in spite of all the flaws that have been mentioned across the board.

I am at level 15 ...I am pretty good at this hidden object thing and this morning on the easiest of the options I run out of time before I can get half of my objects collected even though I never stopped finding them one after the other.

How can we play when we get no time???It seems that the motive is to get us to buy more and more for the most basic of tasks!

I think I may be done....what a shame....this is a neat game with so many possibilities!

Thanks for listening to me vent...

hilde21
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by hilde21 on Dec 11, 14 6:58 PM
I'm with all of you. I really, really want to like this game as much as I did at the first, but wow. It's like the programmers' goal was to get even with casual gamers like myself. This is just extremely disappointing!

[Post New]by Rdale500 on Dec 14, 14 5:58 PM
As soon as I use up the Rubies that I have left, I'm done. This is nothing but a money pit. I'm on level 23 and there are lots of teasers out there to other HO, but takes too long to get there. (and I don't feel like investing my retirement in this game to watch my rider eat energy just to get from one HOS to another.

I should know better. These "Play for free" games are anything but. Anyone remember Faunasphere? If you do, then you get my drift.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Dec 15, 14 7:53 AM
I don't expect FTP games to not encourage spending because they are not making these games just so i can play them for nothing...they need to earn a living too.....But honestly, i can't help but wonder if dev's are experiencing negative bottom numbers that match up with soo many commenting about playing these games with ease and enjoyment without "spending a dime"---- and maybe they are attempting to offset these losses by too many playing that way.

I understand they need financial support for this game, however, at the same time it feels like they are attempting to double dip and gauge those who do spend money to play these types of games and counting on that to makeup for their losses instead of finding a better way to encourage spending by those who don't. Going about it this way will not encourage people to spend money and will cause you to lose players who generally do spend money.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Dec 15, 14 6:49 PM
Rdale500 wrote:As soon as I use up the Rubies that I have left, I'm done. This is nothing but a money pit. I'm on level 23 and there are lots of teasers out there to other HO, but takes too long to get there. (and I don't feel like investing my retirement in this game to watch my rider eat energy just to get from one HOS to another.

I should know better. These "Play for free" games are anything but. Anyone remember Faunasphere? If you do, then you get my drift.

Oh, yea I remember Faunasphere, was devastated when they pulled the game. All money spent was lost, alot of very angry fishies....Learned early on not to put my heart and money into a FTP ever again. Lessen learned. But they still are trying to do this to us.....

mrs23
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by mrs23 on Dec 16, 14 5:09 PM
Uninstalled this game this morning. Items too small, timers too short, takes coins just to walk around (even takes 1 coin to stay in the same place), don't get what you are looking for even after 20 times of trying, got a better chance of getting struck by lightning than getting rubies ........... DONE !!!

[Post New]by Chaillot on Dec 17, 14 11:30 AM
I think DeAnna is right, and I'd go farther. I play or have played many of Big Fish's FTP games. There has always been sort of a bargain between developers and players. If you had the money to spend, you could advance a lot faster in the game. But if you were a poorer, more casual player (or, okay, if you were a skinflint), you could be patient, go slow and still advance, although over a longer period of time.

The problem with Wanderland is that the developers have made it literally impossible to advance without paying, and not just a little. For people who can't afford to pay a LOT, the game is nothing but a constant exercise in frustration. Why make yourself nuts? There's simply no point in playing at all.

This is really too bad, because I agree with many others here that the game appeared at first to have a great deal of potential.

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Dec 21, 14 11:26 AM
I am in total agreement with everyone on this game. I play the FTP games regularly and don't mind spending some money to move along faster. This game, however is a money pit. Items that should drop regularly, like candles, ribbons, etc. which we need for all of the collections and many quests, come few and far between even with this new update. These items that we need 5-10 of for each collection should cost no more than a ruby or two. To try and charge 12-14 rubies each is insulting at the very least. We may like to play these games, but we are not crazy! Wanderlust developers, please listen. If you do, your game will make a ton of money, don't listen, and you've wasted your time along with ours!

hilde21
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by hilde21 on Dec 28, 14 11:13 AM
I vote with what was said as well. I have enough stress in my life and don't need tiny object that have to be clicked a certain way to add to it......but wait! there's more! The further you go, the more objects and then there's the timer. The timer is beyond frustrating!

Is there ANY way to make the casual game and actual CASUAL game? Otherwise, I'm done.

Meredene
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Meredene on Dec 30, 14 10:34 PM

I'm done, too.

There's something very disquieting about this game. I don't like feeling that I'm being exploited. I also find the failure of the developers to rein in some of the costs to players very disappointing.

stanjofoz
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by stanjofoz on Jun 20, 15 5:26 AM
What I really don't like is the way it even stops you getting free power every six hours by the promise of upgrade but at a cost of several thousand coins thus eroding any funds you need to open a new site ie temple at 14,000. Only way to advance is to spend more real money. It is a shame that all facets of this game are to exploit further funds from players. Like many others, I don't mind spending a reasonable figure to advance but requirements of this game display real avarice from BFG. As a result, have vowed never to spend another cent of real money on any BFG.
Greed is a certain way to kill off clients. Happens in all walks of life.
Stan

[Post New]by cocoholly101 on Jun 22, 15 2:32 PM
They also decided not to spend any more time updating Awakening Kingdoms - I spent a lot of money buying energy etc, and when I got to the stage where I had plenty of energy, coins, etc, they pulled the plug - not fair !!!

Go to: