Pause does not pause

[Post New]by rsullivan4102 on Apr 20, 09 5:12 PM
I keep pausing my game overnight and when I come back the next day and un pause, everyone is sick and dying. This has happened twice now and I don't want to start over again if it is going to keep happening.

Tchrcook
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Pause does not pause

[Post New]by Tchrcook on Apr 20, 09 5:16 PM
I'm having the opposite problem. I got mine to pause and cannot UN pause it!

[Post New]by rsullivan4102 on Apr 20, 09 5:25 PM
hit the space bar.

[Post New]by pat_35811 on Apr 20, 09 11:06 PM
Tchrcook wrote:I'm having the opposite problem. I got mine to pause and cannot
UN pause it!
I am haveing the same problem and it upsets me because I had played for almost six hours and had alot of things when I started to bed I put it on pause and it will not unpause the first time it did this I had to start all over again

Edited on 04/20/2009 at 11:08:30 PM PST

chris30s
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by chris30s on Apr 21, 09 2:48 AM
How did you pause it? It's possible that the spacebar pause isn't working -- I had that happen to me in a different game. Try using the pause option from the menu options. That's how I did it and didn't have any problem. You can use the spacebar to un-pause without a problem.

[Post New]by rsullivan4102 on Apr 21, 09 5:04 PM
I paused it from the menu and when i came back to the game and hit spacebar to un-pause, everyone was dying.

Jaboulka
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jaboulka on Apr 21, 09 7:32 PM
And this is exactly what happened to me.

Yesterday night I paused the game from the menu.
Today when I turned the game on it was well paused, but I could not unpause it from the menu, I had to use the spacebar and in few seconds everybody was dead.

This is definetely a bug, you need to finish the game before switching it off or you'll loose and you'll have to star all over again.

Jab

Wenchy
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Wenchy on Apr 22, 09 3:55 AM
The first time I started the game I did not pause when I went to bed I just "quit" . When I came back my tribe was pretty much almost all dead. So I decided to use pause when I left game next time. I also was stuck on pause. I was able to unpause from ingame options (hit escape to get there) and then I just changed game speed. everyone back and working and no critters died. Don't forget to put game speed back where you want it before you start playing again.

Many thanks to Vicki for the clue threads. I was stuck on irrigation. Finally was able to get a guru giraffe to irrigate.

Just waiting on the gorillas to finish building the ark parts so i can put it all together now.

[Post New]by pat_35811 on Apr 22, 09 5:38 AM
I had the same problem and had to use the escape button to get to the menu and get it unpaused for some reason the space bar will not work for me it will not pause or unpause my game and I just kept tring everything and finiley I hit the escape and it poped up and started playing again now I wait for the gorillas to get through building the ark to see what is next. Thanks everyone for your help

[Post New]by chinadoll414 on Apr 22, 09 8:35 AM
The spacebar will work to pause and unpause, and if it still won't unpause, try hitting random command keys (arrow keys, O) - mine works perfectly fine as long as I'm just walking away for a few minutes and not actually shutting the game down. If I shut down the game, it gets stuck in pause, and when I finally get it fixed everything in the village is going down the tubes. This is definitely a glitch. Not only do the people get sick and die, and hyenas attack every 30 seconds, but random things flash on and off the screen - map pieces, magical tools, plants, etc.

Any word on a fix?

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on Apr 22, 09 10:39 AM
chinadoll414 wrote:The spacebar will work to pause and unpause, and if it still won't unpause, try hitting random command keys (arrow keys, O) - mine works perfectly fine as long as I'm just walking away for a few minutes and not actually shutting the game down. If I shut down the game, it gets stuck in pause, and when I finally get it fixed everything in the village is going down the tubes. This is definitely a glitch. Not only do the people get sick and die, and hyenas attack every 30 seconds, but random things flash on and off the screen - map pieces, magical tools, plants, etc.

Any word on a fix?

O.O thats bizarre. I havent had any problems with mine and I quit one night and left it paused all day until I came back from work

[Post New]by jotareosa on Apr 23, 09 1:57 PM
pat_35811 wrote:
Tchrcook wrote:I'm having the opposite problem. I got mine to pause and cannot
UN pause it!
I am haveing the same problem and it upsets me because I had played for almost six hours and had alot of things when I started to bed I put it on pause and it will not unpause the first time it did this I had to start all over again

Well, the same with me. If a shutdown the game without pausing it, the game still playing and when returns, all is dead. If I shutdown in pause mode, when a come back, the characters are freezed. And I have to play from the start. I think it is a bug. A big one.

freemommy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by freemommy on Apr 23, 09 10:55 PM
I have had this problem with whatever change I make to the speed. I put one tribe on fast, and could not slow it down. Paused several tribes, I can't undo any changes to options once I use them on any one tribe at a time. I have now had about 25 tribes since starting play earlier today. If I left the tribe for an hour either it was stuck paused, or it had completely died. Once I oopsed and evolved all of my wobbles, But I learned that the pool will de-evolve anything back so you can breed more once again. But be careful, you lose all experience.

Go to: