canuck_53
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Gummy Drop San Francisco Level 46

[Post New]by canuck_53 on Dec 9, 14 8:02 AM
Try as I might, I have been unable to complete San Francisco Level 46. I don't know whether it is a technical glitch or just something I am missing. Even when I clear the tiles, I can't get anywhere near the number of points needed. Has anyone succeeded with the level without spending a lot of money to do so? Any hints?

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Gummy Drop San Francisco Level 46

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 9, 14 9:32 AM
Hey canuck_53

I know what you mean about being stuck at level 46 in San Francisco. I recently just passed it myself, but talk about a hard level.

For me, it felt like it was a combination of luck and needing to use power ups (even though I try really hard not to use them). Since there are the two rows of paper towards the middle of the level, you'll want to get rid of those with a lightning bolt which will clear up more room for you to remove the sticky notes.

As you clear out those stickies, my best suggestion would be to make as many vertical matches as possible and move them towards the object you're trying to clear. This will help to get rid of them a bit faster so you can complete the level.

Hope this helps,
bfgLianorm

[Post New]by Dio133 on Dec 17, 14 9:35 AM
I've been stuck for several weeks now. I've used power ups and extra moves and simply cannot get past. Even when I manage to clear all the tiles I can't reach the total needed. I'm thinking of chucking in the towel and giving up on the game. It seems pointless to continue wasting my time trying to get past. And it's a real shame cos. I have really enjoyed the game up to now.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 17, 14 1:11 PM
Hi Dio133,

I certainly understand just how frustrating level 46 can be.

When I finally reached it in my game, it took me quite a while to get through it. I found that even though I was clearing out the obstacles, it still wasn't enough. My best suggestion if you're stuck, would be to take a break from that level and try playing a few others.

This will take your mind off of the level for a bit so that when you go back, you'll have a fresh new look at what you can do to earn the total needed to move on.

If you're still having trouble, you can certainly write in to our Customer Support team as well and they might have some other suggestions or be able to help you move on in the game.

Hop this helps,
bfgLianorm

[Post New]by Dio133 on Dec 17, 14 2:49 PM
I have taken a break from level 46 and played numerous other levels to gain coins to buy boosts and extra turns but just can't get it. Each time I build up coins, I blow them on level 46 and still get nowhere.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 17, 14 3:28 PM
Hi again Dio133,

I'm sorry that taking a break from level 46 still hasn't helped.

As I mentioned, since it sounds like there's still some trouble with this level, my best suggestion would be to get in contact with our Customer Support team since they might have other suggestions to try, or can help to move you on to the next level.

bfgLianorm

[Post New]by Dio133 on Dec 17, 14 4:18 PM
Thanks, I'll do that and maybe they can do something!

[Post New]by Drinkcc on Dec 28, 14 4:30 PM
I'm in the same predicament. So frustrating. Did customer service offer anything helpful Dio? I love the game, but might have to stop playing if I can't get past 46.

[Post New]by lyudmilakatzen on Dec 31, 14 7:56 AM
I'm stuck here as well...even when I've been able to use the lightning bolt on the paper, I ran out of moves before I could clear the tiles, and I've never gotten anywhere near the points needed.

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Knismesis on Jan 1, 15 6:30 PM
I'm stuck too. No matter what I try I cannot pass this level. It will stink to give up and delete.

[Post New]by NorthWoody on Jan 2, 15 4:50 AM
Hi, I'm desperately stuck in level 46, too. Tried it for a lot of days, bought coins and boosts for some 20 $ or so and now think about deleting the game :-(((((

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 2, 15 7:41 AM
Hey Everyone,

I was just swimming through and wanted to check in and see how things were going with this level.

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I had a lot of trouble with this level too, and it did take me a while to complete it. So you're not alone. My best suggestion would be to take your time and plan out the moves a few steps ahead to try and get as many large combos as possible.

If you're reaching that point though where you're about ready to completely give up, you can write in to our Customer Support team and they should be able to help move you on so you can continue to have fun in the game.

Hope this helps,
bfgLianorm

[Post New]by lyudmilakatzen on Jan 2, 15 3:05 PM
Maybe instead of all of us flooding customer service, someone who has already emailed them could share the tips? :-)

[Post New]by Dbsmitty63 on Jan 3, 15 6:40 AM
I have tried this level over 100 times and still can't get it. Tried all the boosts can't get anywhere near the points. Ready to quit which is too bad because I love this game!

Knismesis
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Knismesis on Jan 3, 15 7:55 AM
I read in another game blog that the only way to pass this level is to keep buying +5 moves over and over until you meet the target score. I added a lightening bolt boost before the game to make sure that I could clear the board and ended up purchasing +5 moves seven or eight times to meet the target score. I think it is rotten that they have set up this level to force you to pay into the game. I hope that helps, I would love to hear if anyone on this level forum actually completes it without boosts or extra moves.

redroo
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by redroo on Jan 4, 15 6:10 PM
To manage this you need to combine a lightning bolt with an arrow or bomb boost. It makes all that item into bombs or arrows. Useful when you get stuck. Repeat if you can.

[Post New]by hainsey_2 on Jan 5, 15 3:26 AM
Sounds like it is a glitch in the game. I thought it was only me.
Like so many, I love this game and have been STUCK on this level for ages.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 8, 15 6:59 AM
Hey Everyone,

I was just swimming through to give you all an update on what's going on with this particular level.

Because we have seen several players writing in and posting here, we have started working with the developers on ways that we can alter the level to make it easier to beat. While I don't know what changes will be made, I do want to assure you that we're doing everything we can to make it a bit easier.

Hopefully we'll see this change in the game soon, but we will post another update as soon as we have more information.

bfgLianorm

[Post New]by stbarnard on Jan 8, 15 11:02 AM
I, too, have been stuck here and tried the level dozens of times. I am getting ready to delete the game. Since it sounds like they FINALLY may be doing so, I guess I'll wait a bit. Frustrating when the game was so good have this one level ruin it. I don't mind spending a bit now and then to support the game, HOWEVER this has been ridiculous when even spending money won't pass it. Disappointed in Big Fish. Really hoping that this is resolved very soon. Thanks to all who have reported the issue. Have always loved Big Fish games...

[Post New]by wed1965 on Jan 12, 15 11:56 AM
I was stuck on the level for a while as well. I went back and earned a nice bank of coins completing previously uncompleted levels for 30 and 60 coins. When I had a good bank (enough to buy several rounds of "five more moves") I returned to Level 46. After a couple more days of playing it, I finally queued up a very favorable layout that generated several lightning bolts along the way. Once I was out of moves, I only had a few more tiles to kill, and about 20,000 points to go. I decided to "go for it" at this point. I expected to have to spend most of my coins in the process, but I only had to spend 300, thus another 30 moves did the trick.

The good news is that Level 47 is fun, fairly easily cleared and generates a bundle of resources each time you play it.

Go to: