bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Magic Cards Solitaire here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 10, 14 5:34 AM
Good morning Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Magic Cards Solitaire here!

[Post New]by Tink44 on Dec 10, 14 6:20 AM
Just will not install and neither will Knight Solitaire. Is it me?

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Dec 10, 14 7:47 AM
I enjoy some types of solitaire games so wanted to try this one to see if I liked it and if it would work on my computer. The demo downloaded fine but will not open. I clicked PLAY NOW several times to no avail. When the Direct-X prompt came up during the download, I clicked that it could proceed. It soon came back showing that I already had the most recent version on my computer... so I know that isn't the problem.

Oh well... I already own many other solitaire computer games. Guess I'll make do with them.

Classicaljazz

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

Funny Quirk

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Dec 10, 14 10:37 AM
I loaded the game and had to update my DirectX (?) Then it asked me to type my name in the profile. I typed Sherry and it came out Sherrz! So I tried typing Sherrz and it came out Sherry! I guess one of the coders was having a bad day. Now on to try out the game!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 10, 14 2:05 PM
I had the same problem with the spelling. Click y & you get a z and vice versa. I had a hard time clicking the right spot to start. After I started the wild cards didn't work and when I finished the level there was a mini game which also didn't work. I was supposed to put scrolls into the right compartments. I couldn't pick them up or drag them.

I love solitaire games and own many of them but I will have to pass on this one unless there's a fix for the problems. It's a shame because I loved the look of it although it plays like may others.

sammiJ
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sammiJ on Dec 10, 14 2:23 PM
The game installed fine, but when I hit play it comes up with an error message
' Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version File "X3DAudio1_7.dll", error 126'
So I'm not sure whats wrong but off to uninstall!! Hopefully others can get it to work!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 10, 14 10:20 PM
It looks like the developers didn't use a US keyboard for their programming. On the German keyboard, for example, the Y is where your Z is and the Z is where your Y is. The reason is that in the German language, the Z is used more often than the Y. That's why those letters are set the other way round.

--- --- ---

I have played through 3 levels (and 3 mini games), and not had any problems with the game.

Edited on 12/11/2014 at 2:02:45 AM PST

[Post New]by senioroh on Dec 29, 14 4:46 PM
I've gotten to one of the latter levels and the game no longer saves my progress.
If I exit and restart it is always at the same point no matter how many more games I've played. It has even shown completion for levels by showing the level's icon but doesn't show the level in the main map. Between this and Criss Cross I'm wondering if Big Fish is not testing what they sell. Very frustrating to pay money for a game that doesn't work.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 30, 14 3:21 PM
Hey senioroh

I'm sorry to see the game isn't saving your progress! This could be related to permissions for the game that may have changed recently, so I'd recommend running it as an administrator first to see if that helps at all. Just in case, I've included the help article below if you'd like to give this a shot:

Run Game as Administrator

If that doesn't quite do the trick, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be happy to work with you to get things sorted out

I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by j4mckenna875 on Jan 6, 15 2:46 PM
Hi, I could figure out the wild cards and everything, but what I'm stuck on are the books in the Flowerbed area. I've tried different things and can't figure out what they're for. Thanks for any info.

purusty
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by purusty on Jan 25, 15 8:46 PM
I click a card & 2 or 3 flip over thus costing my game play to have to be replayed over & over. ANy new game patches planned??

Go to: