addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Mistletoe?

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Dec 10, 14 5:50 AM
I've completed the game and thoroughly enjoyed it - a gem for a standard edition - hte only thing that puzzles me (unless I've missed something) is why collect the mistletoe. You earn an achievement but no real explanation - saying that, it's fun looking for it.

By the way, anyone know where I can bleat about these half price sales? There's no additional incentive for members as we're paying the same price as non -members in the sale, shouldn't the half price be hald the member's price? I much prefer the 2 for the price of one deals.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Re:Mistletoe?

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Dec 10, 14 10:13 AM
Addictedtofish, I'm pretty sure the devs chose mistletoe because of its association with druids.

[Post New]by Darek_Rusin on Dec 10, 14 11:13 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:Addictedtofish, I'm pretty sure the devs chose mistletoe because of its association with druids.

That's it - exactly!

enerald
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by enerald on Dec 10, 14 12:45 PM
Or perhaps 'tis meant to be ROWAN berries??? Far more logical with ref to Druidic beliefs (et al)

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Dec 10, 14 2:04 PM
Pliny the Elder wrote about the druidical ritual of oak and mistletoe in the 1st century AD when there were a few druids still knocking about. According to Pliny, the druids held nothing more sacred than the mistletoe because it was so rare. So it's logical to collect mistletoe in a game with druids

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Dec 10, 14 3:32 PM
Rumbitothecore wrote:Pliny the Elder wrote about the druidical ritual of oak and mistletoe in the 1st century AD when there were a few druids still knocking about. According to Pliny, the druids held nothing more sacred than the mistletoe because it was so rare. So it's logical to collect mistletoe in a game with druids

Bingo! According to Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs, the Druids revered mistletoe, "especially when found growing on an oak."

Happy Yule!

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Dec 19, 14 10:30 AM

Check out the achievements before clicking on play, you will see a little window that says collecting the mistletoe twigs, click on it and get an explanation as what to expect. It would help if these was help in finding all of them.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 20, 14 8:29 AM
Did anyone happen to write down the locations of the mistletoe twigs?
I did, but I have only 64 out of 70 on my second play of the game.
I sure would like to see a complete list and find them all.

Developers, any chance of making a list available?

[Post New]by Darek_Rusin on Dec 23, 14 10:31 AM
Lady_Cav -- hard to say We're working on a walkthrough right now, but it doesn't include mistletoes. We'll see after the basic walkthrough is done, whether we still have time to add mistletoe placements.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Dec 23, 14 1:03 PM
Darek_Rusin, please keep dropping by...I will buy this beauty at the end of the month

It seems so often when developers interact with us Fishies about a new game, they leave after a very few days, especially when there seem to be too many problems.

We appreciate being appreciated

Thanks to Big Fish's Christmas Eve BOGO, I just got your wonderful game
and completed it this evening !!!

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 9:41:06 PM PST

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Dec 23, 14 1:04 PM
64 seems to be a magic number
I have tried several times now and get 64 everytime

I would do anything to be able to complete one of the puzzles as well
I do so wish I was not one of these daft folk that will not skip or give up

That swap the tiles puzzle after putting the 4 statues in place has got the better of me everytime,I used to love doing those little hand held puzzles as a child.
I was just thinking I will scream if i get one in my cracker on xmas day like I did last year,I have been moving those things around for 2 hours today and still no luck

wendy

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 24, 14 7:12 AM
Darek_Rusin,

Thanks so much for stopping by to answer my post. I will check back to see if you did find the time to add mistletoe locations to an upcoming walkthrough. And thanks again for a great game!

Go to: