bigflipper
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

?? tournamount dispute

[Post New]by bigflipper on Dec 10, 14 12:12 PM
HI CAN SOMEBODY ANYBODY EXPLAIN WHY I HAVE JUST GOT MY DIAMOND REWARD I FINISHED AT 104 AND IT SAYS I SHOULD HAVE HAD 12 DIAMONDS AS MY REWARD WAS ENTERED IT ONLY GAVE ME 10 WHERE IS MY 2 MISSING DIAMONDS PLEASE???

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

Re: ?? tournamount dispute

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 10, 14 1:54 PM
I dont know if I can explain it to your satisfaction but, I do know that the tournament screen tends to run slow. I dont know if its just my computer, or if this is happening to everyone, but the tourney screen freezes up a lot. And the more people who play the tournament, the wider the distribution of the prizes.

So my guess is that it showed you won 12 diamonds, and then a bunch more players entered the tourney and scored higher than you. So that bumped you down to 10.

Sometime between the time you looked at it, and the time the tournament ended, the screen probably froze, and had to catch up and you missed it.

Am I making any sense? The tourney has a certain number of diamonds to give away. Then based on your score, you get a percentage of that total number.

Someone else who's better at Statistics than I could probably explain it better.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 10, 14 1:58 PM
That makes sense to me April. Does it to you bigflipper (love the name!).

I just looked at 104th place and on my game it does say 10 diamonds awarded.

bilby_girl
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by bilby_girl on Dec 10, 14 2:05 PM
It's happened to me too, I think it is as April says, by the time all the prizes are calculated it can decrease or increase your diamonds by one or two, I've also had one or two more than it said I should.

bigflipper
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by bigflipper on Dec 10, 14 2:20 PM
THANK YOU ALL AND YES I CAN NOW SEE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT....ONLY PROBLEM IS I WAS SO EXCITED TO WIN AN AWARD AND BEING GREEDY I WANTED 12 TEE HEE

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 11, 14 5:29 AM
I wish it had been 12 Flipper next time it will be MORE

Go to: