bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Eve: Midnight's Call Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 11, 14 5:46 AM
Morning Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Eve: Midnight's Call Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Dec 11, 14 8:59 AM
Cannot play!! saying error video card update needed? but my video card is up to date! I have had this error before on other games as well that I never got to play!! What is the problem BFG????

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Eve: Midnight's Call Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Dec 11, 14 10:02 AM
also I have VISTA and have current DirectX installed!? HELP!!

[Post New]by deballan on Dec 11, 14 10:59 AM
Once again ANOTHER ERS game that I cannot play !!! The download was fine but
on attempting to play the cursor is sooooo slow and the background is nearly all white. I used to love ERS games I thought they were the best but lately I cannot play them.

Can anyone help please ??

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Dec 11, 14 11:39 AM
Game will not download.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Dec 11, 14 11:56 AM
Game will not install into the App. Instead I get a window that says "Time is running out" and then asks me to buy the Bundle. I already own the other two games so I cannot "buy the Bundle". I want to "Try" before I buy this game but it refuses to install into the app. SOLVED! I was able to install and try it. Thanks!

Edited on 12/11/2014 at 12:48:41 PM PST

Loupep
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Loupep on Dec 11, 14 1:17 PM
have downloaded game twice. game will not let me turn dial on safe. I have the combination and have tried multiple times to open it . if this fixable , or I can skip and still open the safe in Robert's house. please help

RustyGig
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by RustyGig on Dec 11, 14 7:55 PM
Hi Loupep! Instead of trying to turn the knob, just click the numbers you need. The dial will go there by itself...........be sure to start at 0....Hope this helps!!!

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Dec 12, 14 8:20 AM
Where are the marbles in the HOP with the mechanical reindeer? I keep 'heating' the green crystal and the steam comes out but nothing happens after that and the other two red buttons don't do anything. Thanks for any info.

redknight
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by redknight on Dec 12, 14 12:36 PM
Thanks, RustyGig. I was having the same problem as Loupep. Once I stopped trying to move the dial and just clicked where I thought the numbers I needed were, I got it fine.

[Post New]by Inkantrix on Dec 12, 14 3:58 PM
I am having a problem with the Christmas Eve HOP game. In the treasure room I lit the candle. It melted to wax. (all good.) I went to the Reindeer stables to put the melted wax in the bell forms. I made one bell and picked it up. When I went to make the second wax bell, the wax was gone, there was no wax bell in either bell form, and I have only one bell. I still have the matches but I need more wax for the second bell shape. There is nothing in my inventory that will work for wax/another bell shape.

Did I do something wrong?

-Inkantrix

redknight
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by redknight on Dec 12, 14 5:46 PM
RustyGig wrote:Hi Loupep! Instead of trying to turn the knob, just click the numbers you need. The dial will go there by itself...........be sure to start at 0....Hope this helps!!!

I got through that puzzle in the main game but I am stuck at that exact same puzzle in the bonus game. I cannot seem to find the numbers.

rufus1926
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by rufus1926 on Dec 13, 14 8:01 AM
Keys will not go into the slots of the hourglass. 1st key went in all right but the middle and right hand key will not release into the slots. Cannot go any further in game.

truman99
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by truman99 on Dec 13, 14 9:49 AM
rufus1926 wrote:Keys will not go into the slots of the hourglass. 1st key went in all right but the middle and right hand key will not release into the slots. Cannot go any further in game.

I also was having trouble with the keys, but eventually got it to work. As I remember, I either went a little further in the game in a different area, then came back to the hourglass. I think I had to click in several areas around the key slots, but it DID work. Don't give up!!

[Post New]by Inkantrix on Dec 13, 14 12:05 PM
Still stuck at the wax bells. I was only able to make one bell and the melted wax ingredients have magically disappeared. The strategy guide says to repeat "P", but how can I do that without any wax? I went back to the treasure room and there is no candle (I thought it might have magically ended up back there).

Please help. Thank you.

[Post New]by Inkantrix on Dec 13, 14 1:44 PM
Nevermind. I figured out that I missed the candle by the puppy.

-Lisa

mechan26
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mechan26 on Dec 14, 14 6:22 PM
Tech issue with this game:

Whenever I click the magnifying glass and end up with a circle window inset, there is no actual image showing. This became a fairly massive issue on the puzzle opening the safe, because without the image it was difficult to figure out where to click the buttons.

Another instance was trying to unlock the door to the boy's house, I had to try to figure out where to click because there was no image!

I have updated both Adobe Flash as well as Java, as well as reinstalled the game. I am currently running Windows 7 on a PC. I attempted to run the game under another profile on Windows 7 and found the same error.

Please advise, this has not been the first ERS game that I have had this issue on and I might not be able to purchase others if this error continues.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Dec 17, 14 2:26 PM
I'm just starting the game and so far no technical problems, at all on Windows XP. Love the game!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 18, 14 3:42 PM
Hey there

I'm really sorry to see these issues are coming up with the game! If you're experiencing trouble with downloading or playing the game, please check out the following help articles, as they may have steps that can help out:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you're experiencing an issue not covered in those articles, or if you've already tried those steps, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and our Reps will be happy to work with you.

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by Garfish25 on Dec 20, 14 2:09 AM
I cannot operate inside any of the circles - I can usually "fluke" it but the safe is a problem, all I see is a hand and I cannot seem to click the numbers at all. Is there a fix?

Go to: