catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 12, 14 1:05 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 12/12/2014 at 5:35:35 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 12, 14 5:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

Where's all our fishies at?!

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Dec 12, 14 6:33 PM
I am lovin' this game! Yet another beautifully done game by Blue Tea and Eipix.
(Thank you dev's!) and .
There are 4 different game mode selections, (which I love, as I do the custom!) and as I am 1/2 way through, I just realized there are collectables in the SE! So, I will be going through the jump map, (thank you again for that!) But they do not shape shift, so watch out for them, they are well hidden for the most part. (at least in custom mode, not sure if in other modes.) And the inventory locks! YAY!
The HO's are few and far between, but they are the FROG type, and the puzzles are nice and different than most games. The artwork is beautiful, as always with this developer, and the storyline is good. There is a lot to do, as I mentioned prior, I am only 1/2 way through, but couldn't wait to come and mention the collectables as I just discovered them, and I know that so many other fishies love them too! I was surprised as this is a SE game! So, goin' in! Enjoy....
Happy Gaming to all, and please check this gem out, and would love to hear your thoughts.
"Wishing all a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and every other way you may celebrate. And a fantastic New Year to all!"
Thank you to all at for yet another year of wonderful games, and good times. Y'all just rock!
I rate this game and a out of 5!

Edited on 12/13/2014 at 6:17:03 PM PST

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by addieh on Dec 13, 14 1:30 PM
Oh, what an amazing game! Never disappointed with BTG...always adventurous, colorful graphics, beautiful HOS. Once again, good game. BTG are one of my favourite makers of all time!
I highly recommend this game..actually the whole Dark Parables Series!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Dec 17, 14 12:16 AM
I'm a little on the fence about this one. It certainly has many good things -- custom option, locking inventory bar, voiceovers, transporter map, pretty artwork -- but I found myself becoming a little weary of it all by the time the demo ended.

As Sportspaz1449 mentioned, there is a lot to do -- really a lot, which is sometimes a good thing, but in this game it requires a lot of trekking hither, thither and yon, and the things-to-do are disjointed, disorganized.

I don't care for puzzles, so I skipped them all and can't comment.

IIRC, all the HOS were FROGS -- finding and putting together pieces of three objects which then meld into one object. In every case so far, you already know what the final object will be, and you know where it needs to go. Hopefully, the HOS get more varied after the demo.

The voice of the hooded stranger was surprisingly youthful and seemed to me to be not what a hooded stranger ought to sound like. Just a small thing, but it annoyed me.

Finally, the writers were so generous with dropped hints that if you are in the least bit perceptive, you will have already guessed the story line by the time you finish the demo.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Dec 17, 14 11:21 PM
I had so much fun with this game. The characters were great.The multitude of levels and areas you had to go through were delightful. I would think the game was over and BAM, another new door to open or secret passage. I did use the map to jump around as it was confusing where to go after so many collected items and where to use them. The only negative was the change the shape puzzles that seemed to pop up everywhere and they were not fun, just tiresome. Enjoy and thank you.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 26, 14 10:02 AM
I got this on sale...I had stopped purchasing these Dark Parables because they were so inundated with so much glitter and sparkles that I felt like I fell into a casket of fairy dust, however this one, although still full of glitter and girly-girly stuff, was actually toned down compared the those of the past and was therefore not so annoying to play. Voice overs, color and graphics were very well done and although there were characters and references to past games by this developer, this story and the game play were quite enjoyable and unique.

HOS were still the same glittery array of stuff, but a bit more of a challenge and not as jewel like as before. Story wraps up nicely on its own for a SE and the length was good. I always play on casual so the hint and skip refreshed very quickly which allowed the game to move along quite smoothly.

Transporter map was excellent and was needed as this game was all over the place. The hint was also a transporter hint. Some of the mini games were easy, others quite tedious and old school which I skipped. Unfortunately when you skip a mini game that had multiple layers, you had to wait for it to go through all the game layers before it would move you along....which was annoying.

All in all I found this game to be fun to play...if you can get beyond all the glitter and glam. It appeared there may have been some morphing objects, but since I usually ignore those I can't be sure. I give this game a 4 out of 5 for casual game enjoyment.

[Post New]by Sentoyson on Dec 29, 14 5:58 PM
Hello, I just finished Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide after about 6 hours of continuous play. I have played/own all of the Dark Parables series and love how they interconnect. This one had more cameo images from previous games. I think I counted 4 references from previous games. I always loved that aspect as it bridged the games while having them be their own entity.

The only thing I didn't like was the credits... something was missing and for me that seems to be end of a great series. I know that Blue Tea was on this one in name only but the one thing I love aside from the non horror of these games was the foreshadowing to the next game.

There wasn't a hint to the next saga. I hope this means that we don't have to wait a long time for another game. That's one thing I really enjoyed, even if Blue Tea didnt have a name for the next game, they knew who it was going to center around. And parts of the game would have clues too. If anything, it seems like we are going to revisit some previous games, especially games 2, 4 and 5.

mismo55
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mismo55 on Jan 1, 15 8:32 AM
I only played the demo but got bored opening things, to pick things up and place them elsewhere.

[Post New]by jpreed85 on Feb 22, 15 4:36 AM

Edited on 07/21/2015 at 8:18:45 AM PST

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Apr 28, 15 1:12 PM
I like the storylines in the Dark Parables games. The graphics, as usual, are wonderful - very nicely detailed. The map was a great help and would show me where to go when I needed it. There was a good amount of HOS, but these were not overdone.

However, I seemed to get a little bored about halfway through the game. It's a nice little game, but just couldn't keep me interested. I had the same experience with the previous DP game I played and am thinking I might be done with this series.

I really wanted to collect all of the collectibles so that I could access the stories in the Parables portion of the game. I found a few of them, but not enough. The Walkthrough made no mention of these and it was disappointing to not find them.

Toward the end of the game, I experienced a few "blips." The screen would go dark and the music would stutter. I would just wait a bit, and the game would eventually start up again. I was able to finish the game, but was waiting for a "crash" every moment I played.

[Post New]by Needletime2 on Jul 20, 15 4:05 PM
Super game.........stunningly beautiful artwork.........just difficult enough to keep me interested........just discovered this series and now will have to try them all........and the credits are a hoot!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 21, 15 8:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone for their feedback and reviews of this particular game. It is extremely appreciated. I'd also like to remind Forum users of the Review Guidelines, specifically,

Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

Thanks for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 07/21/2015 at 8:22:07 AM PST

Go to: