catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 12, 14 1:08 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! It might help to include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 12/12/2014 at 5:35:08 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 12, 14 5:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by dndgirl on Dec 13, 14 3:19 PM
I have run into a game-stopping issue in the Mac version of this game. In Princess Daphne's Room there is a statue where one is supposed to place the Floral Crown and Floral Baton. However, when I click on the statue, the scene starts to expand on the statute but then stops expanding and looks a bit dark. Clicking on the statue does nothing and the only way out of the scene is to click on the map and go to another location. I have tried restarting and then even deleting and re-installing the game with no luck.

I am using an iMac running OS X Yosemite version 10.10.1

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide her

[Post New]by lsddvn on Dec 13, 14 3:47 PM
dndgirl wrote:I have run into a game-stopping issue in the Mac version of this game. In Princess Daphne's Room there is a statue where one is supposed to place the Floral Crown and Floral Baton. However, when I click on the statue, the scene starts to expand on the statute but then stops expanding and looks a bit dark. Clicking on the statue does nothing and the only way out of the scene is to click on the map and go to another location. I have tried restarting and then even deleting and re-installing the game with no luck.

I have the same problem and now I can't play this game any further. I have the same specifications, Mac OS X Yosemite version 10.10.1

Edited on 12/15/2014 at 3:54:07 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide her

[Post New]by papixee on Dec 13, 14 5:59 PM
dndgirl wrote:I have run into a game-stopping issue in the Mac version of this game. In Princess Daphne's Room there is a statue where one is supposed to place the Floral Crown and Floral Baton. However, when I click on the statue, the scene starts to expand on the statute but then stops expanding and looks a bit dark. Clicking on the statue does nothing and the only way out of the scene is to click on the map and go to another location. I have tried restarting and then even deleting and re-installing the game with no luck.

I am having the identical issue. Also have Max OS X 10.10.1

Please get this corrected or refund the credit.

Edited on 12/13/2014 at 6:02:06 PM PST

[Post New]by dfvalent on Dec 13, 14 6:58 PM
I have the same problem. Mac OS X 10.10.1

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here

[Post New]by emofire01 on Dec 14, 14 1:50 PM

I have the same problem on a Mac OS X version 10.9.5. Sometimes the game will start loading and then self-quit at 35%. Please fix!!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here

[Post New]by Silver_prism on Dec 14, 14 2:44 PM

I, too, am having this issue with the SE. Running on 10.9.5.

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on Dec 15, 14 11:36 AM
I am also running iMac OS X Yosemite version 10.10.1. I'm having the same problem as the other Mac players in Princess Daphne's Room w/the statue. There is nothing to do. I also uninstalled & reinstalled the game. I've looked at the walkthrough to see if there was anything I might have missed. Nada. Since I'm so close to the end of the game, I do not plan to start over. If this cannot be fixed, I do want a credit.
This is the 1st time I've had a problem w/the Dark Parables games, the 2nd game in the series using the iMac.

[Post New]by FlaviaLutetia on Dec 16, 14 7:54 AM
Exact same problem here.
Could we get some sort of an answer at least?

[Post New]by chefsolus on Dec 16, 14 10:58 AM
The game launches and I am able to enter my player name, select my difficulty level. Then as the game begins to load for play, every time it hits 40% loading, it crashes and unexpectedly exits. I have uninstalled game and reinstalled game and the same thing keeps happening. I am unable to play the game.
I have mac v10.9.5

[Post New]by Aramiso on Dec 16, 14 3:47 PM
Same problem with the statue OS/X 10.9.5

sciencechick
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by sciencechick on Dec 16, 14 8:54 PM
Same problem as emofire01 and chefsolus - game self quits at 40% loaded. I have a 1-yr old MacBook Pro, running the latest version of Yosemite, all updates installed. Rebooted, cleaned caches etc, no change.

[Post New]by Mom_of_2_Murrins on Dec 17, 14 10:48 AM
Did we ever get an answer to the statue problem in Daphne's room. I am really frustrated.

[Post New]by bshedges on Dec 17, 14 12:49 PM
my Imac is just 2 months old running yosemite am having same problem in Daphne's room pls say there's a fix for this

Omachka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Omachka on Dec 17, 14 11:33 PM
I am having the same issue with the game not loading. I can get to the point where I put my name in and choose my game mode but when I hit play it stops at about 30% loading. I am also running the latest version of Mac OS X Yosemite version 10.10.1 on an iMac. This is an excerpt of a crash report that came up (there is more and I have saved it if Tech Support needs it) I hope this can be fixed because I'd really love to play this game.

Process: EipixGame [483]
Path: /Applications/bf-games/DarkParables_TheLittleMermaidAndThePurpleTide.app/Contents/Resources/.DarkParables_TheLittleMermaidAndThePurpleTide.app/Contents/MacOS/EipixGame
Identifier: com.eipix.game
Version: 1.0
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: MacGameCLauncher [482]
Responsible: GameManager [205]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2014-12-16 03:29:23.278 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 6DDA2E3B-1951-D893-FA31-61718A266A89

Time Awake Since Boot: 880 seconds

Crashed Thread: 8

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000b0198000

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on Dec 18, 14 9:22 AM
I bring bad news as far as I'm concerned. I went to the postings for the CE of this game & discovered several pages of tech problems. I did not read all of the pages however the problem that Mac users had were happening w/the CE. I sent in a Dr Felix Report but haven't heard back yet. I submitted it on the 16th at 4:18 PM, EST. I also mentioned in my email that no one from BFG had been back to our Tech page since the original standard notice set up for each game. I was given a credit I could use by the 28th. I want the game fixed so I can play it to the end. Will I need to drop Dark Parables games from my list of must have? I certainly hope not. It w/b nice if BF dropped in & stated that they are aware of this & working on it. I'm very surprised that it hasn't been done yet. (Oh, I know, it's because of the holidays, right?)

[Post New]by Mom_of_2_Murrins on Dec 18, 14 11:10 AM
Thanks To those searching for answers. I really like this series of games and will be sad if I can't play them anymore.

[Post New]by wschnicke on Dec 18, 14 12:48 PM
I have the same problem with the game and am stuck. Where are the developers and Big Fish management on this topic? I would like a refund or credit.
Where else can we air this problem to get some response?

Omachka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Omachka on Dec 18, 14 4:20 PM
CalifDreaming wrote:I bring bad news as far as I'm concerned. I went to the postings for the CE of this game & discovered several pages of tech problems. I did not read all of the pages however the problem that Mac users had were happening w/the CE. I sent in a Dr Felix Report but haven't heard back yet. I submitted it on the 16th at 4:18 PM, EST. I also mentioned in my email that no one from BFG had been back to our Tech page since the original standard notice set up for each game. I was given a credit I could use by the 28th. I want the game fixed so I can play it to the end. Will I need to drop Dark Parables games from my list of must have? I certainly hope not. It w/b nice if BF dropped in & stated that they are aware of this & working on it. I'm very surprised that it hasn't been done yet. (Oh, I know, it's because of the holidays, right?)

Thanks for checking the other threads. I have also submitted a ticket and was given the same option of using a coupon to get a different game and I feel the same as you. Want to see if I can play this one before I give up and get a different game. I sent in my Mac Crash report with my ticket and I think it has all the info that a Dr. Felix report does. I guess I'll write them back and ask about that and let them know that I want to have this game fixed. I sure hope Big Fish has noted the issue and will get the game developers to figure it out. Seems to be all Mac players having the same issue so it has to be something to do with that.

Go to: