silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Mod's please pass along to the dev's Re: Tournament

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 12, 14 9:14 AM
MOD'S: PLEASE PASS ALONG THAT THERE IS STILL A TIMER FREEZE GLITCH THAT IS GIVING UNFAIR ADVANTAGE IN THE TOURNAMENTS ! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

There is still a problem with the Tournaments ! Since there is one player that CONSISTANTLY gets a score of over 400,000 points within the first 5 minutes of the tourney EVERY event.

This is likely related to a timer freeze glitch. While this person deserves to play in the tournament - it is cheating the other players out of a chance for top score and higher winnings.

This player has now made a small fortune on the tournaments. I would ask that this player at least refrain from playing in a few events to give others half a chance, pretty please.

I'm not complaining for myself. I did well in the tournaments inspite of spinning "BUST" three times in a row (with 15 tokens to start and on the first spin no less - on one pass through ). This is a complaint toward having fairness for everyone.

Re:Mod's please pass along to the dev's Re: Tournament

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Dec 12, 14 9:21 AM
Been wondering the same thing. Although it's theoretically possible to get those kinds of scores or even higher by just being a fast clicker and lucky with the wheel...but this has happened quite a few times already. Plus with both accounts now at the #1 and #2 places judging by the name and avatar belonging to the same player, that's awful lot of luck concentrated on the same computer, unless it's the timer glitch as Silver Hawk just pointed out.

Sort of hating myself now for being so suspicious, but this is plenty weird.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 12, 14 9:37 AM
fabulaparva wrote:Been wondering the same thing. Although it's theoretically possible to get those kinds of scores or even higher by just being a fast clicker and lucky with the wheel...but this has happened quite a few times already.

Agreed. Luck of the Wheel it is very very possible to get those scores. I won't fault anyone for getting a great score like that. But the odds of getting that score each and every event is statistically questionable. You have to be an extremely lucky person or there is a problem with the scoring in that persons game. I doubt that someone is that lucky.

I'm really good at the tournaments. But it is always the wheel that makes a difference and how many diamonds I spend for continued tries. I spent 50 diamonds the other day and still did not score high enough to win any (all bad wheel spins). Today I had many bad wheel spins too, but finally (after another 40 diamonds spent) had one decent spin to at least place me 12th.

The wheel is the great equalizer along with accuracy and how many tokens gathered. But 400,000 points in every tournament... well... that is questionable.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Dec 12, 14 9:42 AM
G'day,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

I'll pass this along so that we can continue looking into why this is may be happening.

bfgMurrumbidgee

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 12, 14 9:46 AM
SO nice to see you silver

I was getting suspicious too and hated myself for it. I was just thinking they were spending LOTS of diamonds but as you say they get to the top so quickly, first one and then the other. I rarely spend any diamonds but on the couple of times I have it hasn't helped because the wheel lets me down.

The odds of having the luck they are having must be huge!

ETA: Oops, I'm a slower typer! Thanks bfgM

Edited on 12/12/2014 at 9:47:03 AM PST

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Dec 12, 14 10:20 AM
I have been wondering how players can get over 400,000 points when I can barely hit 135,000? I have spent diamonds 2x each tournament when I happen to be playing when they are on, but need these precious stones in my game so will forfeit going to tournaments as winning extra diamonds out of reach... Thanks BF for looking into this.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jan 10, 15 3:39 AM
This now beyond a joke....yet again the same winner and the other in the top 5. It just can't be done EVERY tournament

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Jan 10, 15 3:52 AM
I totally agree, I was watching the scores very carefully and once they had posted their score there it sat,
and also 1st place got 100 diamonds and 2nd place got 35 and it was all down hill from there,
but why does the 1st place getter get such a huge diamond advantage over the rest of the other participants ?????

PLEASE EXPLAIN ??? Would love to here the answer to this question in particular,

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Jan 10, 15 12:15 PM
I'm curious, has everyone's doors only been opening in 3's, in the half an hour tourney?

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jan 10, 15 12:19 PM
Yes, sandy, just 3 doors in the 1/2 hour ones.

aussiegirl, I mentioned that somewhere last night, I'm sure it never used to be such a big diamond gap between 1st and the rest

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Jan 10, 15 1:53 PM
This perpetual deja vu is fast turning into a deja booboo.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jan 10, 15 2:21 PM
Yes Far, far beyond a joke now. Totally impossible. I think I'm about done with the tourneys and the game right now. Are they "plants" so that the rest of us get less diamonds or what? Seems odd that the diamond award has changed so much between 1st and 2nd too.... It's all beyond me

miner
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

[Post New]by miner on Jan 10, 15 2:59 PM
After yesterdays fun tournament, were back to same old problem.
I have been thinking that #1 winner could be a dev. so they keep there diamonds and we play, win or lose ours. If you noticed on the short tourney for quite awhile #1 was the only one with diamonds, then when more started playing the diamond prize count went up because people were buying in, then they started to get awarded. It might also account for the difference in the amount of diamonds between #1 & 2 spot.

Just a thought

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jan 10, 15 3:09 PM
Yes, I was thinking devs, like that Petr people used to talk about on unachievable levels! But they are strange names for devs to have.
I'm sure it is to do with buying in with the difference now between 1st and 2nd but before the sudden influx of tourneys we've had lately it didn't used to be like that, it was more evenly spread.
I don't like being messed with though, I feel like a guinea pig, and I feel that's what they are doing at the moment.
I've always made a profit on the tourneys so I've no complaint and now I have oodles of diamonds, I think next time I will keep spending just to see what's possible. Like silver_hawk, I'm a fast clicker too and I've nothing to lose as I feel my time on the game is drawing to an end.

miner
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

[Post New]by miner on Jan 10, 15 3:37 PM
Yes that's what I meant - in the difference between 1 & 2.
From #2 down are being awarded the diamonds we are playing to buy in, more people are playing now than before so they need to hang on to a good supply, not just for the tournaments also flowers, pets, etc.

The more I think about it #1 is a dev like that Petr, after all they have also given us John to gift to, who gift's back our own stuff once in awhile.

Fudgechi - please don't quit, take a break if needed, your an inspiration to us all. When I saw you had 2 million in coin ( now 3 ) you gave me a challenge and I'm almost at 1 million

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Jan 11, 15 12:49 AM
If those two names come up in the top 5 I will be making a formal complaint to the Mod's,

No one has that much luck without something funny going on, not fair on those that play for funny and get a reward

Edited on 01/11/2015 at 12:50:05 AM PST

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on Jan 11, 15 12:59 AM
aussiegirl1 wrote:If those two names come up in the top 5 I will be making a formal complaint to the Mod's,

No one has that much luck without something funny going on, not fair on those that play for funny and get a reward

Agreed Aussiegirl1
Lets Us Start A Dedicated Thread --"Petition About Tourny" Or Some Such
Every One Post GameName Only
How You Think ?
Drew248

bigflipper
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by bigflipper on Jan 11, 15 2:23 AM
sandy510 wrote:I'm curious, has everyone's doors only been opening in 3's, in the half an hour tourney?

Sandy yes the doors are only in 3's in half hour tourney and also did you notice the amount of items to find are less only 12 instead of the normal 18? at least thats on my game .

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jan 11, 15 5:30 AM
Well, aussiegirl, we need to get the formal complaint organized

And can someone please do the maths to explain to me how you can get almost 218,000 in a half hour tournament with just 3 doors and 12 items please.
My base score is a bit over 53,000 and I've never got 12 chips in 3 scenes. Is it possible to get that score?

Debdels
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Debdels on Jan 11, 15 6:09 AM
I cannot even get into the game.....

Go to: