catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reveries: Soul Collector CE here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 13, 14 12:51 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! It might help to include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 12/13/2014 at 6:22:30 AM PST

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reveries: Soul Collector CE here!

[Post New]by Hapless on Dec 13, 14 1:18 AM
Hi

This game will not download it keeps coming up with error code 801100. I am running windows 8 and have followed the instructions and everything is set up correctly. Please can you help?

Linda

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Dec 13, 14 2:22 AM
Just did a quick Google (other search engines are available LOL) on that error code and found this page. Maybe it will help.

http://www.errorfixes.net/0x801100.php

Only other thing I can suggest is that you contact Customer Support. I've just downloaded the game with no difficulty and it was a very quick download for the trial anyway. I'm also running Windows 8.1.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Dec 13, 14 2:48 AM
Download it from your games manager purchase history - it then works.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Dec 13, 14 4:22 AM
Do not download any kind of "error fixers" on the internet. Most of them are registry cleaners which can cause more problems, even leaving a computer so unstable, it might not start again if you reboot it.

From this article on BFG's help pages:

Move your mouse to the lower-left corner of your screen and right-click.

Select System.

Select Advanced System Settings from the panel on the left.

In the Performance section of the new window, click the Settings button.

Select the Data Execution Prevention tab at the top.

Select Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only, then click OK.

Restart your computer for the new settings to take effect.

Still having trouble?

If you're still getting an error, a personal firewall or antivirus program might be blocking the game. You may need to adjust some settings in this program to unblock your game.

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/181

If you continue to receive that error after trying all of the above, please contact Technical Support.

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Dec 13, 14 6:08 AM
I just looked at my settings and they were already where you said they should be and the game still wont play. I am getting sick of these error messages every time I download a game and try to play it. I will NOT buy a game if it wont play the demo version.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 13, 14 6:22 AM
Hello Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Dec 13, 14 6:23 AM
I am in the bonus game and it is kicking me out at the clock with an error, please help

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Dec 13, 14 7:00 AM
scrollingmama wrote:I just looked at my settings and they were already where you said they should be and the game still wont play. I am getting sick of these error messages every time I download a game and try to play it. I will NOT buy a game if it wont play the demo version.

Did you temporarily disable your security programs (antivirus/firewall) before trying to install the game? If you are uncomfortable doing this while online, uninstall the game from Game Manager, reboot, then re-download the game file. Then disconnect from the internet, temporarily disable your security programs and install the game. Reboot, reconnect to the internet (if rebooting doesn't do this automatically). Some security programs are overly zealous about installing content downloaded from the internet and will block certain files from installing. This causes game file corruption and can result in that error message.

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Dec 13, 14 11:18 AM
I am getting ONCE again "screen mode will not allow due to video card?" error!! OMGOSH TWICE IN ONE WEEK! I sent a DRFELIX report with other game and all they did was sent me a free coupon code! I really would like to know the reason WHY I am getting this error??? HELPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have checked and I do have up to date video card!!

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Dec 13, 14 6:56 PM

Re lease post any TECH ISSUES for Reveries: Soul Collector CE here!
[Post New]by LarkBea on December 13, 7:00 AM
scrollingmama wrote:
I just looked at my settings and they were already where you said they should be and the game still wont play. I am getting sick of these error messages every time I download a game and try to play it. I will NOT buy a game if it wont play the demo version.

Did you temporarily disable your security programs (antivirus/firewall) before trying to install the game? If you are uncomfortable doing this while online, uninstall the game from Game Manager, reboot, then re-download the game file. Then disconnect from the internet, temporarily disable your security programs and install the game. Reboot, reconnect to the internet (if rebooting doesn't do this automatically). Some security programs are overly zealous about installing content downloaded from the internet and will block certain files from installing. This causes game file corruption and can result in that error message.

I have Norton and when it first starts the dl it says the file is safe.

alfresco
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by alfresco on Dec 13, 14 11:15 PM
Multiple freezes requiring CTRL/ALT/DEL in the first hour. Windows 8.1.
I may just give up and install on my W7 PC. It seems to work better.

What is the problem with all these W8 freezes? I don't have any odd programs running on my laptop and it's up to date. I know W8.1 is problematic at times, but it can't be that bad.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Dec 14, 14 5:57 AM
I am running windows 8.1 on a lap top. I've had no problem with this game at all. I
bought it.
Using MacAfee security. Could it be problems with your antivirius that are causing these difficulties, I stopped buying Norton as it would not let me download a thing.
Really hope you get a fix.

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Dec 14, 14 5:57 AM
I got kicked out of bonus game also..trying to put hands on clock..(an error also)

Edited on 12/14/2014 at 5:57:58 AM PST

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Dec 14, 14 2:36 PM
Proud to report NO Technical/Downloading
Problems here at all.
I Always approach BFG through my Game Manager,
in Administrator Mode,
no matter what I'm wanting to do....
( Not a Miracle-Fix, Alas,
but Solves Lots of problems! )
God bless,
=^,,^=
the kat
gma0trips

Tech Stuff:
ACPI x 64 based PC
Win 7 Home Premium
Dell Inspiron 560
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20 Ghz & 3.20 Ghz
6GB Ram
64 Bit OS
Invidia GeForce GT520
Dell ST2321L Flat Screen Monitor
1920x1080 Pixel Resolution 23" LCD Display
Google Chrome

Edited on 12/14/2014 at 2:38:54 PM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Dec 15, 14 4:05 AM
scrollingmama, just for giggles, try disabling Norton during the download and install and see if the error message resolves. Norton and McAfee are two of the most notorious for causing problems with downloading internet content. Not saying they're bad, just overly cautious.

[Post New]by dogbreedchch on Dec 16, 14 9:22 AM
this is the second game this week that the game is white and the curser is floating please help it is getting annoying. thanks

[Post New]by ratoledo on Dec 19, 14 7:11 AM
there isn't any place on the screen for me to play

[Post New]by ratoledo on Dec 19, 14 7:13 AM
I cant get into bonus game.Cant find anywhere on the screen to start it up.

[Post New]by CRAZYSVSR on Dec 24, 14 1:16 PM
In the bonus game, when I try to use the clock hands, I get booted from the game with the message to contact game administrator for assistance???

Go to: