bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gizmos: Spirit Of The Christmas here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 13, 14 6:23 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gizmos: Spirit Of The Christmas here!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Dec 13, 14 9:30 AM
How disappointing!!! I love nonogram games and have already played completely through all but one of the ones I own. (I have only one or two puzzles left to finish in my unfinished nonogram game.) So I had high hopes that this would be one I could add to my collection. But, unfortunately not. It has technical issues... at least, it does on my computer.

I noticed the issues on the very first puzzle I tried in the demo. I don't know the correct term that applies to the problem but I'll try to describe it. In order to open the squares I want to open in the puzzle picture, I need to place my cursor to the left of the squares when they are on the left side of the screen. And on the right side of the screen, I need to place my cursor to the right of the squares I want to open, If I place my cursor DIRECTLY ON squares I want to open, it often doesn't respond at all.

I recall that I've had this same technical issue with other nonogram demos I've tried in the past, but I don't remember if those games were from this same developer. As you might imagine, this makes the game-play very difficult. For me, it takes the enjoyment out of it so I don't plan to purchase this game.

If the developer fixes the technical issue and offers an updated version that works correctly on my computer, I might reconsider... but, as the game stands now, NO WAY!

BE SURE TO TRY THE DEMO ON THIS ONE BEFORE YOU BUY IT ! ! !

Classicaljazz

AliKat611
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by AliKat611 on Dec 13, 14 9:46 AM
I've had the same problem with the cursor before. If you go into the game's settings there's options for wide screen or full screen (at least the previous gizmo games had this). I can't remember which fixes the problem, but try toggling those settings. It fixed the cursor problem for me before.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Dec 13, 14 11:52 AM
AliKat611 wrote:I've had the same problem with the cursor before. If you go into the game's settings there's options for wide screen or full screen (at least the previous gizmo games had this). I can't remember which fixes the problem, but try toggling those settings. It fixed the cursor problem for me before.

AliKat611,

Thank you so much for that tip. I toggled the full screen setting and tried the game again. The cursor now works as it should. Wish I could remember the titles of the other nonogram games in which I experienced that same problem. They also might work for me if I tried that same setting!!!

Thanks again for your help!

Classicaljazz

[Post New]by Lumersheer on Dec 13, 14 10:02 PM
I have downloaded the demo for this game and I try to play but it won't load. It just closes down.

KeysPirate
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by KeysPirate on Dec 14, 14 4:03 AM
Downloaded demo, clicked PLAY, got error message:

Your monitor does not support the required screen resolution.

Does anyone know what that resolution is? I have a fairly new computer and monitor, which is currently set to 1920x1080 but I can change to pretty much anything.

[Post New]by robandi on Dec 14, 14 1:19 PM
i also get this message so what screen resoultion do i need to play it this
the resolution i am currently using 1280x720

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 14, 14 3:36 PM
Hey Lumersheer

I'm sorry to see the game isn't starting up for you! It may help to check out the following help article for troubleshooting this issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

KeysPirate and robandi, some games do have trouble with higher screen resolutions, so one thing I'd like to suggest is adjusting the resolution to 1024x768 if possible, since this setting seems to be a bit more friendly with a good number of games. If steps are needed, I've included the help article below:

Screen Resolution

If the issues continue, or if these steps have already been taken, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

KeysPirate
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by KeysPirate on Dec 17, 14 4:14 PM
Tried 1024x768, same error. Must be my video card... That's okay, I was just going to try the demo. There are plenty of other games I can play.

Go to: