bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Gizmos: Spirit Of The Christmas here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Dec 13, 14 6:23 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Gizmos: Spirit Of The Christmas here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Gizmos: Spirit Of The Christmas.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

jocarl17
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Gizmos: Spirit Of The Christmas here!

[Post New]by jocarl17 on Dec 13, 14 9:44 AM
Keep the Gizmos coming!! They are the best for Nano addicts like me.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Dec 13, 14 12:12 PM
I love this type of game but this dev needs to do some more work. They are all monochromatic, and even when I'm finished I have no idea what the picture is until the background is put in. There are other devs who are far more advanced, so I'm not going to buy this one.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 13, 14 3:30 PM
What a nice Christmas present. A big THANK YOU for the Christmas themed nonograms. I almost missed this one, sneaky BF. I absolutely love these! Call them what you wish, but the Nonograms, aka Pic-a-Pix, aka E'Kaki, aka Paint by Numbers, are some of my favorite puzzle games. This is a variation of Sudoku. This one is one the better devs in providing this type of game. It is all wrapped for Christmas.

This dev throws in some jigsaw puzzles as well. You are timed; however, I think the time is a little fast fast and I have been playing these for years! There is autofill. You receive achievements throughout the game.

However, the best thing about this particular dev is that you can SAVE AND EXIT, which some of the devs do not provide. It it does not provide color and the pictures are fairly nondescript. However, the characters in the game get you into the festive mood.

shepherdmoon
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by shepherdmoon on Dec 25, 14 6:50 PM
I really, REALLY love this series of games. I've recently become addicted to nanograms in general, but this developer does these games in a way that makes it particularly fun, challenging, and yet not overly stressful (if you don't want it to be). I absolutely love the story-line associated with it, as well as the characters. The best game was their first, and then I was surprised to see a Halloween game come out shortly after that, and then just after that a Christmas one. The quality of the visuals has gotten worse with each one, but I suppose that is to be expected with how little time they have had to put out each holiday edition. I hope they go back to the high quality of the first one for the next major (non-holiday) installment--hopefully a true sequel to rival the first. I'm addicted enough, anyway, that I bought this one without even trying it first. I'm not even finished trying to get perfect on all the Halloween puzzles .

shepherdmoon
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by shepherdmoon on Jan 30, 15 3:54 PM
As an addendum to my review above, I just finished the game and was disappointed that there was no story progression. Our Gizmos speak at the beginning to set things up, but then there is nothing else: not even an ending (just credits). The game-play is just as fun as ever, but the story adds alot to it, and that is lacking in this one.

Go to: